Sorento Hills

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: Sorento Hills

Post by checkerz »

Thank you for the well thought out comments.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

whoops, sorry for the double post, but didn't look at the puremxs scores before. Although I agree with the review and comments, I do feel the scores are a bit low. Looking at a scale, 3 would be average. Looking at most tracks released, I don't think anything on this track should be considered anything less than above average. Not a biggie, and the comments mean more than the scores.

Thanks for taking the time to review.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

one of my favorite tracks. really fun. great job, and sorry that i dont have a really thought out comment, but i love this track. thats all. haha
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

Checkerz448 wrote:whoops, sorry for the double post, but didn't look at the puremxs scores before. Although I agree with the review and comments, I do feel the scores are a bit low. Looking at a scale, 3 would be average. Looking at most tracks released, I don't think anything on this track should be considered anything less than above average. Not a biggie, and the comments mean more than the scores.

Thanks for taking the time to review.

the problem with pure is that there are lots of noobs like oooooooh this is awesome and it's just a crappy disp map with stock decals, and got a 5 on objects 0.o, a 5 on textures 0.o again, and a 5 in all the aspects that they should get a 1,
im not rating your track vs other's tracks, also im not rating your track as other people rate other tracks, im trying to be critic, hard, to give you some feedback to work with at your next project.
sorry if you felt bad about the score, i wanted to give you some more than:

awesome!

hopefully i've clarified my point, and again, congratulations for making some of the greatest tracks for this game, (im still thinking that a different dirt, a more sllippery one would make this track soooo more rideable and awesome than what it is).

greetings.

Mauricio.
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Post by Axle McOctane »

Now that I've gotten to ride it a bit..

Checkers you've established yourself, in my opinion, as one of the very top track creators for this game.

I do agree with some that the friction maps might be able to use a little fine tuning. I wouldn't go so far as to say that your recent tracks felt like concrete, but I do think there might be a little too much traction.

Also thought I'd point out that for this track and Mission, I am running basically my supercross gearing. At first I thought that there weren't any high-speed sections at all, but then I figured out how to go faster. Still, if I do ever wrap out fifth gear on these tracks, it's just for an instant. There could be a little bit more variety in speed on your next tracks, but that is only a minor suggestion because I don't have any other critiques for it. I like how it runs very good on my computer, as I run just about as low of graphics as possible.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

mace, like I said, not worried about it, the comments mean more than the scores anyways.

Interesting comments on the traction and the speeds.

I would agree that Mission was a bit too sticky, but we dialed it way back for Sorento. It's definitely a preference thing, and since I'm still not great at the game, slippery=frustrating. I don't like losing the front end everywhere that's for sure, but if you have a good track to reference that you like, I can try it and see if I agree that it's good and get something similar.

What tracks do you feel have the best traction? In particular, do you like the traction on Glen Helen?

As far as the speeds.

It was definitely done consciously. First off, I can't think of too many times on a real bike you get into 5th at all... but this is a game so it makes sense to exaggerate if needed. The other thing is, the bike reacts pretty crappy to any bumps, steering, or even brakes at high speeds, so I've found it's best to just avoid them. It also feels like I'm flying an airplane if I leave the ground at high speeds. If this is something more people want, I'll consider it for future tracks, but it's really not my style. I like the technical slow stuff haha.

Great stuff guys.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

Axle McOctane wrote:Now that I've gotten to ride it a bit..

I do agree with some that the friction maps might be able to use a little fine tuning. I wouldn't go so far as to say that your recent tracks felt like concrete, but I do think there might be a little too much traction.

stop dropping the clutch, and learn throttle control like it real life. Chris and I have agreed on we like the tacky stuff because it allows for better racing. Also you have to remember when you get the rougher tracks having a slick traction DOES NOT work. Ill try and tweak some more stuff with the slip speed so it spins off more on the low speeds (if im saying that right )

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

online, i was on the left , the further, and it s impossible to make a straight line to the first turn, i had to break to let people pass, the barrier goes too much on the right and it close too much for rider on the left side of the starting grid... except this, it s awesome!
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

toonys66 wrote:online, i was on the left , the further, and it s impossible to make a straight line to the first turn, i had to break to let people pass, the barrier goes too much on the right and it close too much for rider on the left side of the starting grid... except this, it s awesome!

It was done on purpose, for better or for worse, I'm not sure, I'm open to thoughts.

You see, there is a problem with people banzaiing into the first turns in this game and taking everyone out... Crashes happen from the inside and push out cleaning out the outside guys. To try and make this a great online racing track for full rooms, the inside gates are made to make a majority of guys shut off and slow down prior to the corner, which in turn should help avoid the pile up (but you can still hug the inside and let everything push out to get a great start, or beat everyone there and run your line). The outside may be the "good" gates to get that huge holeshot, but they are also the risky gates because everything pushes out. This makes for some interesting strategy on the start if you ask me.

What are your thoughts after hearing the reasoning? BTW, I love gate #28 on this track hehe
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

the traction problem might be able to be solved by reducing the friction at very low speeds. that'll solve the wheel problem when rolling on the gas.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

ddmx wrote:the traction problem might be able to be solved by reducing the friction at very low speeds. that'll solve the wheel problem when rolling on the gas.
I do notice I bog when leaving the gate from hooking up so much, so you may be onto something. It's a fine line I assume, as those same slow speeds are also when you're real slow on the inside of corners.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

ddmx wrote:the traction problem might be able to be solved by reducing the friction at very low speeds. that'll solve the wheel problem when rolling on the gas.
here is the tile map i posted in the other section, so maybe add a few more lines and lower them the first # would most likely fix that and keep the same effect?
-------------------------
friction 0.7 1.5
friction 1.2 3.0
roll_resist 10 20 0
roll_resist 20 50 20
---------------------

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

0.7 is REALLY slick!! :shock:
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Wings
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Wings »

Thats what she said.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

of your size...