Sorento Hills

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
DJ99X

Re: Sorento Hills

Post by DJ99X »

OK, lets all take one of these

Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

DJ wrote:I don't think any more time could have been spent on the disp. Checkerz does this for a living, so in that sense, this displacement map wasn't really that 'rushed'.

On track textures: I thought I did a good job on them, and I'd say they are one of the best made for this game (not tooting my own horn here, I do think they look good)

Off track textures: I didn't do them. Maybe more time could have been spent there.

Objects: Sure, it doesnt have the best objects ever, but Checkerz was aiming for a track that could handle alot of people, as recent tracks have been quite intense on a lot of computers. Just be thankful that it will be possible to run alot more people on here.

So with all that said, I don't think it was really necessary to spend any more time on this track. Maybe an extra day at the most. Heck, forget the timeframe and compare it to other tracks. Could have potentially won the track comp we had last year.
Just because he does it for a living doesnt mean theres room to improve...I really dont get how your saying more time couldnt have been spent on the track...I just picked out a few things that could have been improved ,I didnt really go into detail...There is no reason to fly off the handle about this stuff guys ..Hearing honest opinions... Though really hurts somtimes ...Makes us better ..
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Checkerz448 wrote:interesting comments here. seems to not have much to do with Sorento. If you're trying to say it was rushed or unpolished, say so, don't pussy foot around it. With a team of people working hard on a track it can move along much faster.
you got it wrong , it dude , ididnt even rode it cuz of my broken hand bu i bet its great as your lastest track
but people here try to shoot on wounds... im done the matters is that we got a new pretty track
i cannot wait 1month to try another fun track , oh shit :(
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Checkerz448 wrote:The track looks better than 98% of tracks released. The track rides better than 98% of tracks released. Take the extra time to get that extra 2% which is purely speculation and opinion or move on and make another track that is just as good? Our group got the track to as good as we could get it and chose to move on.
There is a lot of wisdom in this statement.

Says the guy who spends years on a project to get the extra 2% (that he is capable of).

There is definately something to be said for a really good track that has 98% of things right. Especially if it's turned out "quick". It also prevents the maker(s) from getting mentally burnt out on the project.

It's a conscious choice - there is no right or wrong.

Having said that, this team of creators should be mature enough to receive criticism in a positive light.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Garasaki wrote:
Checkerz448 wrote:The track looks better than 98% of tracks released. The track rides better than 98% of tracks released. Take the extra time to get that extra 2% which is purely speculation and opinion or move on and make another track that is just as good? Our group got the track to as good as we could get it and chose to move on.
There is a lot of wisdom in this statement.

Says the guy who spends years on a project to get the extra 2% (that he is capable of).

There is definately something to be said for a really good track that has 98% of things right. Especially if it's turned out "quick". It also prevents the maker(s) from getting mentally burnt out on the project.

It's a conscious choice - there is no right or wrong.

Having said that, this team of creators should be mature enough to receive criticism in a positive light.
Receiving critisism is not a problem. Saying the track is rushed? Not so much. Telling us what is wrong is important, assuming why it's wrong is just arrogant.
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Dangit I'd love to throw some poo on the fire here, but I still haven't been able to download it. I can open any other website except for puremxs. Is no one else having that problem?
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

wowow, cannot believe another track is being release!! christmas does not stop lately!!!!
i just try it and it s awesomeeeeeeeeeee!!!! i love this track, it s full of jump, i like the realism, fun... i try to find point to critisize (always good to critisize to push the creation of track better and better all the time) but i cannot for the moment! i really love the flow of it, and i love it cause there is always something, and lot of jumps!! i love the ruts tooo!!! really great work that was no expected but was a wonderfull surprise!!!
hope it goes straight to 19801!!!! it deserve it!!!! well done and thank you to all the team!!!!
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

Man i would much rather 50 of these Plumpy beautiful tracks than 5 of one's with a few extra trees popped in here or there. Keep up the negative xxxx and these guys wont bother to do it again. checkkers tracks some of the most flowing tracks on this game you can tell theres some educated skill in these tracks.
Keep up the awsome work guys.
Last edited by jlv on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed profanity
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

toony totaly rips my xxxx out of the toilet... c'mon toony, this is good track.. but you get too exited...!!!!! god allah.
Last edited by jlv on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed profanity
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Checkerz448 wrote:Receiving critisism is not a problem. Saying the track is rushed? Not so much. Telling us what is wrong is important, assuming why it's wrong is just arrogant.
It's a 2 way street.

You could have just as easily made your point without insulting anyone. By adding an insult to the end of your statement, you devalue what would otherwise have been a very good post.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Armadyle

Post by Armadyle »

is any1 doin thr finish line jump from the inside?
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

Yes.
Red619

Post by Red619 »

I only got to do two laps on this bad boy, and I got to say loving the turns with the high and low lines. They add a sense of trail riding, loving the track. It did not seem rushed to me. I though they are trying to get everyone to enjoy this map without framerate issues. I like that back rythm section, still havent got through it all the way but it looks so nice. I couldnt care less about how off the track looks or even that there are not that may ads on the track :roll: , gives it the private track feel. :mrgreen: Keep up the good work guys thanks for the constant stream of great tracks. Like toony said Christmas never ends with this game.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Red619 wrote:I couldnt care less about how off the track looks
Although many like you might not care, I still spent more time putting in detail to the off track than a lot of people do to their on track. The terrain plays a part in a good looking track.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

let me start,first i want to clarify that everyone has their own oppinions, if you feel offended with my review im sorry, but i´ll try to explain myself good to avoid confussions.

disp map:
after some laps at the track you can really feel how it´s worked and how it has atention to detail, you can really feel good ingame, the bumps ad ruts improves a lot since mission and im liking a lot your work, i dont like at all the width of the track and some spots where you are not really sure if you´re going to jump ontrack or off track, thats an issue with the decals that i will tell after, overal great work with the disp map, very creative, variated, ruted, bumped and erosioned, it gives you a great feel.

textures:
the ontrack textures where prety good, i felt them very good and real, but the off track didnt convinced me at all, the leaves has no shadows under them so they seem too plain, there where rocky spots (rock decals) in some parts that really seemed weird, and the intrack decals wherent placed that well as they in the top of the jump doesnt really tell you where to jump so i kinda feel like im jumping blinded sometimes.

objects:
there are not many objects created here so i couldnt give a higher rating but i didnt wanted to lower the overall score for this, the objects used where nice, they had good collision (tires mostly) and they felt like well positioned.

environment:
altrought there are several track that might lok like the same environment the simplyness, good texturing, and good planification does the difference here.

realism:
i didnt wanted to rate a 5 here, there are some very unrealistic shapes, but i disagree with this rating, so i just will say that the shapes, elevations, jumps and "holes" on the track where a good decition.

fun factor:
i have a big, big problem here, the dirt.
you really feel like riding cement, in mission happened the same :(
i took the freedom (sorry if i done bad doing this) and changed the track dirt by one mode dusty, it where on your own track, as a dirt tile, one was the packed cement dirt and the other where a hard sandy packed terrain, tested the track with that and man, the rust and bumps and jump really, really felt different, the track overall rided soooo better.

thanks for doing quality tracks for mxsim, it´s really appreciated, please do take my critiscm in a good way, lately al the people think that you´re attacking them.

thanks for reading and i´ll keep an eye on your next track!

for those who said that it was rushed.. doubt it.
try to do these elevation changes, ruts, berms, inclinations, bumps ,etc. all flowing, if someone of the guys that´s saying that´s rushed have done a decent track (not pavemented like many, many of the tracks here) i might accept it, but c´mon guys.

congratulations checkers, thanks for your work :)
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...