Red Bud 2010, Race Version

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Red Bud 2010, Race Version

Post by jlv »

ddmx wrote:thanks for the honest replies. I'll try to fix a few of the issues you mentioned voutare, but I think i'll opt to leave the alessi drop like it is. reason being, i had to embellish the replica a little, to make it feel more like it does in real life. the step down for instance is about 30 ft longer than it should be, because if i made it the right length you would launch to flat.
I think he meant the single after the step down is too steep.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
FinoMinelli

Post by FinoMinelli »

Love the track. So real!
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Stay smoother in the run and keep shifting up.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

jlv wrote:
ddmx wrote:thanks for the honest replies. I'll try to fix a few of the issues you mentioned voutare, but I think i'll opt to leave the alessi drop like it is. reason being, i had to embellish the replica a little, to make it feel more like it does in real life. the step down for instance is about 30 ft longer than it should be, because if i made it the right length you would launch to flat.
That's what he meant. He was using the Skijump as an example as to why he embellished.

But fair enough, it's understandable to have that change, even though it's really annoying replica-wise coming into a near halfpipe between the landing and the single. Haha.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

Here's a demo of me doing it, I can clear it pretty much every lap, it's not as hard as it looks^^
http://www.mediafire.com/?95zsc45anuhqe54
dms

Post by dms »

Is anybody esle jumping the step up and landing on the single in the corner, pretty fast line but almost harder then larocas leap
dms 56
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Cheater line :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I don't think it makes up any time though, the extra time you are in the air you are on the ground moving if you don't jump it.
dms

Post by dms »

Yea but your accelerating all the way to the jump into 5th gear and that saves time. Anyways it looks pretty cool when you hit it :lol:
dms 56
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

easy to jump, hard to land:D but i rather just whip it and look cool:p
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

ddmx, i think there's some problems with the timing gates? I just had a 208 sec penalty and a 55 sec penalty without even cutting, the only thing possible is that I sometimes ride a tiny bit outside the yellow thingies on the track, but even then, the penalty is too big, this only happend so far offline, online with the same lines I get no penalty or a small one. Just trying to inform myself, so I can take diffrent lines before the MXSON starts, dont wanna get penalty in there:pp
Corpralbarn

Post by Corpralbarn »

jlv wrote:
I agree.I think redbud 08 made it perfect look into making it more like that.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

mikez#411 wrote:ddmx, i think there's some problems with the timing gates? I just had a 208 sec penalty and a 55 sec penalty without even cutting, the only thing possible is that I sometimes ride a tiny bit outside the yellow thingies on the track, but even then, the penalty is too big, this only happend so far offline, online with the same lines I get no penalty or a small one. Just trying to inform myself, so I can take diffrent lines before the MXSON starts, dont wanna get penalty in there:pp
if you stay inside the markers, and bales, you won't get cuts. simple. the track allows for you to overshoot a turn, but never cut it short. just obey the rules and you wno't get punished. 208 seconds is like cutting an entire lap off.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

alright, guess imma have to change some lines then since some go through the markers a tiny bit, thanks.