2023 RaceFactory Nationals Round 11 Ironman

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: 2023 RaceFactory Nationals Round 4 High Point

Post by Jeremy150 »

First post updated with High Point
Liddzor
Team: Mitas Racing

Re: 2023 RaceFactory Nationals Round 4 High Point

Post by Liddzor »

The tracks this year is as good as an night out with the boys! A huge thanks!!!!
Jeremy150

Re: 2023 RaceFactory Nationals Round 5 Redbud

Post by Jeremy150 »

First post updated with Redbud
supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

I don't mean to be rude but this is an absolute disappointment of a track. One of the most fun irl layouts and it just hasn't been done any justice the last few years. With all due respect, if I am rF I am throwing any amount of money BAC wants to make all the tracks.
TeeranTomich
Team: Connect Visual

Post by TeeranTomich »

supercrosspig wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:17 pm I don't mean to be rude but this is an absolute disappointment of a track. One of the most fun irl layouts and it just hasn't been done any justice the last few years. With all due respect, if I am rF I am throwing any amount of money BAC wants to make all the tracks.
Here ya go bud https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H2Th8E ... p=drivesdk
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

I've said this for years but rF seriously needs a new base for red bud because this base is just horribly overscaled. I could maybe count the number of things done correctly on one hand. Not to say I don't appreciate the effort because looks like Neal did put some time into building the track, but as far as a replica goes almost nothing about this track is a replica.
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:10 am I've said this for years but rF seriously needs a new base for red bud because this base is just horribly overscaled. I could maybe count the number of things done correctly on one hand. Not to say I don't appreciate the effort because looks like Neal did put some time into building the track, but as far as a replica goes almost nothing about this track is a replica.
This is a completely new track from the ground up this year.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Best Red Bud I've ridden in years.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

I gotta say Neal did a phenomenal job with this terrain. People are gonna complain and complain but don’t understand the man hours that go into trying to scale a perfectly good track to the T. You’ll get one section close to irl but the other side of the track will be off. Nobody understands this concept that we will NEVER be able to get “that perfect replica” I’ve been to RedBud and I’ll say this terrain is as close as you’ll get to the real thing. Yeah some things may not be perfect in areas which is why we’ll never get that “perfect replica”. Again great job Neal and the rF crew for delivering yet again another great track!!
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Jeremy150 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:39 am This is a completely new track from the ground up this year.
Guess this is my bad, the base felt extremely similar to previous years. I've built a redbud base before and it wasn't as big in terms of height scaling.
137 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:24 am I gotta say Neal did a phenomenal job with this terrain. People are gonna complain and complain but don’t understand the man hours that go into trying to scale a perfectly good track to the T. You’ll get one section close to irl but the other side of the track will be off. Nobody understands this concept that we will NEVER be able to get “that perfect replica” I’ve been to RedBud and I’ll say this terrain is as close as you’ll get to the real thing. Yeah some things may not be perfect in areas which is why we’ll never get that “perfect replica”. Again great job Neal and the rF crew for delivering yet again another great track!!
I've been to redbud 3 out of the last 4 years (no 2020 because covid), and I'd disagree about the terrain. And yes sometimes some sections will be scaled incorrectly and others won't but that's where you come in and manually change it. But I can imagine that's difficult when you're building a section you've never been to irl. It's all up for interpretation.

There's no roller on the inside of the second corner. The braking bumps before that corner might as well be rollers because of how big they are. When has there been ruts that deep in the first corner? The first corner is essentially a loamy berm. I don't ever remember the ski jump after having such a steep landing. One of the braking bumps after the ski jump is literally 4 feet tall. A lot of jumps are scaled incorrectly whether they be too tall or too steep (not that it matters too much but just me nitpicking). But again if you're under a time crunch a lot of these things get overlooked. imo Perry's MXoN version from last year is definitely a lot closer in terms of a replica than this.
MarcusThompson
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by MarcusThompson »

137 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:24 am I gotta say Neal did a phenomenal job with this terrain. People are gonna complain and complain but don’t understand the man hours that go into trying to scale a perfectly good track to the T. You’ll get one section close to irl but the other side of the track will be off. Nobody understands this concept that we will NEVER be able to get “that perfect replica” I’ve been to RedBud and I’ll say this terrain is as close as you’ll get to the real thing. Yeah some things may not be perfect in areas which is why we’ll never get that “perfect replica”. Again great job Neal and the rF crew for delivering yet again another great track!!
I agree that the track does look like it has had hours put into it and does look like a solid attempt but its a complete flop to say the least, i don't recall redbud having whoops for bumps, sure making it "more raceable" is a good concept but you have to be able to make this concept a reality. In my opinion I am disappointed with this redbud as redbud is thought of as a premium track but it always tends to be just mediocre in sim. To see that J perry from straya can make a better version of this track that's more raceable and 10 times more enjoyable is disappointing.
ryannorton

Post by ryannorton »

def the worst rF track in awhile...
Liddzor
Team: Mitas Racing

Post by Liddzor »

I have played sim since 2012 and this can be the best track ever in my opinion and 100% the best Red Bud! Huge thanks and great work with the track, looking amazing and rides really good.
johndagan62
Team: Limited Decal

Post by johndagan62 »

I feel like the tracks shouldnt be where erode is gonna make it smoother in some sections. I’m all for roughness but I feel like the size of the bumps on redbud it defeats the purpose of running erode
garettcrose

Post by garettcrose »

whoever made red bud, allow me to suck you. 11/10 on this BANGER