*Track Contest* Operation MX - DDMX488

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
ddmx

*Track Contest* Operation MX - DDMX488

Post by ddmx »

This is my contest track for the contest set up by wilson. Thanks in advance for any positive or negative comments. This track utilizes a lot of objects, 99% of them are custom. They are available for use in your own tracks as well, a simple thanks will do. Enjoy the track!
http://www.mediafire.com/?2qcmj123h9i

If you have a problem with a white track, put this into your personal folder. It should fix it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0jztun3kdy9

Last edited by ddmx on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: *Track Contest* Operation MX - DDMX488

Post by Voutare »

First!
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

Second!
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Lap times are long mittocs, tell me what you get.
yomo

Post by yomo »

THIRD :D
gordy

Post by gordy »

did you just go layer styles and tick every single box to make "operation mx" in that screenshot? :lol:
no actual feedback yet, still waiting for it to download.
instupitious.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

no, i have a dirt texture applied to the text and also an outline with noise.
yomo

Post by yomo »

ive just opened it and it is completly white. Are there any objects i am missing or...
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

3:08 was my first lap, Very nicely done track. I get lag at the rythem section before the finish though

edit: now 3:05
Last edited by Mittocs on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

DJ's comments-

1. Track was running at 2 fps. Problem- Map 1025x1025
2. Track was running at 8 fps. Computer = shit
3. With objects removed, fps = 70. Ready to ride
4. Jumps have very weird curvature about them
5. Terrain is has very unrealistic heights.
6. Track cross section is curved in some sections. On top of mountain = me fall down mountain
7. Textures don't look too good. Individually, they look fine, but they don't mix together very well. The tyre tracks stand out too much and aren't really mx tyre patterns.
8. Can't comment on objects, cos I couldn't see them. But from the pics they look great.
yomo

Post by yomo »

DJ wrote:DJ's comments-

1. Track was running at 2 fps. Problem- Map 1025x1025
How do u change the map size?
also anyone know why the entire track is white, it happened with a couple of the supercross tracks aswell (i never found a way to fix it in those tracks)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

1) Resize it in a program to 256x256
2) Did you put this track in a subfolder?
gordy

Post by gordy »

to be brutally honest, i am rather disappointed with this track.
DISP-
*the jumps appear to be curving outwards rather than inwards on some of them, very strange.
*the berms are pretty terrible, they often dont curve to the corner correctly, and they are the same height pretty much all the way across, a more realistic taper was needed.
*the whoops ride alright, but dont look very good, they appear to be kind of boxy.
*the layout seems a bit dysfunctional at times, curving off over crests etc., it can make following the track difficult for those not familar with the layout.
*i seriously have no idea what you are supposed to do on the second straight, theres like a small downhill jump, and then a massive non descript mound?
*the launchpad jump is a rather cool jump, one of the highlights of the track for me, albeit it is slightly unrealistic.

OBJECTS-
one of the better points of the track, i must say!
*at first my computer appeared to lagging rather badly due to them, but the removal of a tree appeared to solve my problems on the most part and its now running rather happily.
*the banners surrounding the track look good and add to the national sort of feel.
*perhaps not as many bales were required as what you used? pegs and banners quite often suffice on a national ive found.
*the flagger towers were a nice touch and definately added to the feel and aesthetic of the track.

TEXTURES-
okay, this was definately one of the lowpoints of the track.
*the textures did not "flow" together, there was not enough of a gradual blend between the darker dirt and the sand youve used, and this has led to an artificial feel on the track.
*the tiretracks were far too dark, and would have worked better with a more brown tone i thought, also, a larger or more detailed "lines" decal could have been used, it would have greatly built up the look.
*the grass is nice, although i thought it was a tad too saturated, perhaps more of a dying, yellowly type tone would have been better.
*the start straight was simply crying out for some overlays, simply using the base texture really isnt enough, especially on a part of the track that is always heavily marked, like the start straight.
instupitious.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

some of the jumps feel kind of boxy.. and the textures look weird in Some places. im not thinking that the elevation changes are unrealistic, or maby a little.. but just look at waterloo walley, thats something you can call unrealistic..i think alot has been said avbout the cons, so here are my pros;
its a sand track - its awesome to rew that 125 through the whooole corner and just being able to double those whoops
that rythm before the finishline- "there will be blood"
overall; its a fun and challening track where everyone can win, almost everyone if mittocs doesnt enter lol...
the jumps are hard to jump and thats good. the smaller jumps are easy to scrub since some of them are boxy.
i would definetly vote for this track being one of the nat series tracks
Last edited by frederick on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
tobz173

Post by tobz173 »

I enjoyed it, most of the track had an ama mx feel, wfo through the sand/whoops.
I loved the elevation changes and putting together the rythem sections, the tex's were fine as far as the game's ability is concerned, they never look to flash anyway.

I run a fairly medium level system, which come to think of it, is pretty much outdated now as far as games that are being released today, but it runs this track fine, perhaps instead of complaining about the lag, it's time for an upgrade as something like this is fairly basic, by todays gaming standards.
Dont ever question my determination and my will to win - Chad Reed