MT | Awakaponga Mx

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
MarcusThompson
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: MT | Awakaponga Mx

Post by MarcusThompson »

Jrife548 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:36 am Google "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" and tell me if that sounds familiar
you can insult me all you want but at the end of the day it really doesn't change anything does it. considering how sad you're to sit on a computer all day and stick ur nose wherever looks nice and wherever you feel can make someone bite back. Its honestly just inspiring to me to see how little of an importance you're to the earth and community you claim you belong to. Just waste this many hours on a game which has an alltime peak smaller then the population of the average town in new zealand mate. Atleast go on a platform where one can make a living. If someone can make a living off This game i congratulate them for making something out of nothing. However youare nothing that made nothing into an obese homo who thinks his opinion is just revolutionary to every corner of the vast universe. Can't wait till aliens take over the planet and kidnap you're dog.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:44 am maybe cause everyone comes at me for supposedly making this months ago when i built and finished the track like 4 days ago
I'm still very reluctant to believe that you could finish an entire outdoor track with an 8k decal overlay, multiple different statues, roughness, etc in 2 hours. It takes time to even find those statues. That's gotta be a shield you're putting up to block criticism. I can't speak for you, but the only person I see saying you took months on the track was Seth Peety.
MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:44 am go get your willy wet
Please get some different ammo to use other than this and "go play geometry dash." It's getting really boring.
MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:18 am
Jrife548 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:36 am Google "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" and tell me if that sounds familiar
Can't wait till aliens take over the planet and kidnap your* dog.
Side note: this is probably the funniest insult I've ever heard
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:18 am you can insult me all you want but at the end of the day it really doesn't change anything does it. considering how sad you're to sit on a computer all day and stick ur nose wherever looks nice and wherever you feel can make someone bite back.
Possibly the most hypocritical thing you could have said.

1. You talk shit to others and then cry when people talk shit back.

2. You've spent your time making a track for a game you say is a waste of time.

You don't make sense.
Fair Play.
LucasBecker

Post by LucasBecker »

ryxn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:32 pm
MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:18 am you can insult me all you want but at the end of the day it really doesn't change anything does it. considering how sad you're to sit on a computer all day and stick ur nose wherever looks nice and wherever you feel can make someone bite back.
Possibly the most hypocritical thing you could have said.

1. You talk shit to others and then cry when people talk shit back.

2. You've spent your time making a track for a game you say is a waste of time.

You don't make sense.
This kid is soo mindfucked rn he doesnt even realize he's feeding into the roasts and criticism others are giving him.
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:56 pm I'm still very reluctant to believe that you could finish an entire outdoor track with an 8k decal overlay, multiple different statues, roughness, etc in 2 hours. It takes time to even find those statues. That's gotta be a shield you're putting up to block criticism. I can't speak for you, but the only person I see saying you took months on the track was Seth Peety.
Hey he said it not me

Truthfully I have no idea how long he spends on tracks, I just threw out that he spent "months" on it and his response showed me he is a massive hypocrite.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

sethypeety wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:55 pm Truthfully I have no idea how long he spends on tracks, I just threw out that he spent "months" on it and his response showed me he is a massive hypocrite.
haha yeah narcissism and hypocrisy tend to go hand in hand
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:18 am ???
Your*

But you definitely need to stop and reflect for a moment because everything you just said about me is straight projection. There's still time to change your ways, your brain isn't fully developed yet.

I'm not trying to insult YOU, I'm just saying you suck at making tracks like almost everybody else. And for somebody who talks about this game like it's dead and doesn't matter, the opinions of us obese basement dwellers has you seriously bothered.

Constructive criticism:
1) You didn't do timing gates or start gates, but that's not really a big deal

2) The decals look horrific, if you're going to make an overlay like that, you should cut out the on track part of the overlay and use actual in game decals for the on track. Otherwise you get what you currently have, which is a blurry pixelated mess

3) Some of your statue placement is not good and causes them to float off the ground like this:

You can fix this by using one of the other grass JMs to make the object smaller, then just placing more.

4) Your corner ruts are shaped well and fun to rail, but they're so unbelievably oversized that you can basically never let off on the entire track, and they make every single corner 1 lined. There's not 1 single corner on this track where I didn't instantly know which rut was the best one.

The breaking bumps are equally as terrible but for the exact opposite reason, they're way too small in comparison to the ruts. They don't slow you down because you don't need to slow down because the ruts are 20 feet tall. Ex:

Here you can hit the first bump and launch all the way into the rut, because you make your bumps like you're in the MESX editor and there's a set square where bumps go and they go nowhere else. In a super long straight like the one before this turn, the bumps should be starting way sooner, and they should gradually get larger and harder to hit as you approach the corner.

Plus, the bumps are perfectly linear. They're all facing the exact same way, the same size across they're entire width, and about the same size as well. You need to make bumps have lots of RNG if you want the track to feel more natural or more fun to play.

Also, on a sand track like this you should really just be placing tons of random small bumps all over the place, it too makes the track feel more natural and more fun to play.

5) The faces of your jumps are way too uniform. There's always like 5 perfectly straight and equally deep ruts going up the faces. This obviously isn't realistic and plays like shit. Ex:

Here, you at least tried to make one of the ruts deeper, but it's kinda aids since you have to force your bike into it instead of flowing with the layout into it. When you're making ruts on the faces of jumps you have to stop and think about how it would actually form irl, then do it like that. Make sure you're entering the deepest rut on the face naturally and easily, since that actually makes sense.

6) The way you placed some of these jumps is actually pretty nice looking, this jump in particular would look pretty cool if you didn't pepper it in useless, perfectly linear, equally deep ruts. If you actually made some realistic looking ruts on this jump face, or just didn't put any at all this jump would look a lot better.

You could also use the smooth tool to randomly flatted parts of the ruts to make it look more natural.

6) Here are some examples of some VERY unnatural looking terrain on this track. If you're paying attention at all you'd be able to see how stupid some of this looks. (bumps that you just jump over, they would never form like that ; bumps that form on a side of the track that nobody rides on ; perfectly straight ruts across the entire length of the straight that don't change depth at all despite there being rollers and jumps)

7) The tileinfo is pretty good, not draggy enough for sand but it's good for a sand 'fun track', I doubt you made it but if you did good job.

8) The flow of the track is present in only like 3 of the corners, you can just view the above reasons for that

9) A lot of what Peety had to say I also agree with. Just take our feedback and actually use it instead of responding to this by calling a person you've never seen fat again.

My verdict: 4.5/10. Nowhere near the worst thing I've ever seen, but even further from the best. You know how to make tracks, now you just have to figure out how to make GOOD tracks and you'll be just fine. You should start by not insulting everything with a pulse for no reason, accept that we're right, and use that to make you better. Everybody starts with garbage like this, but the only way to actually get better is to listen to people who are.
MarcusThompson
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MarcusThompson »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:56 pm
MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:44 am maybe cause everyone comes at me for supposedly making this months ago when i built and finished the track like 4 days ago
I'm still very reluctant to believe that you could finish an entire outdoor track with an 8k decal overlay, multiple different statues, roughness, etc in 2 hours. It takes time to even find those statues. That's gotta be a shield you're putting up to block criticism. I can't speak for you, but the only person I see saying you took months on the track was Seth Peety.
MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:44 am go get your willy wet
Please get some different ammo to use other than this and "go play geometry dash." It's getting really boring.
MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:18 am
Can't wait till aliens take over the planet and kidnap your* dog.
Side note: this is probably the funniest insult I've ever heard
Nah in all honesty it was in about 2 hours and 10 minutes I have fast ways of making norms and my 8k overlay is just a coloured and blurred version of my leveller bitmap that I put 0 effort into and the tracks were already in folder as I used an already setup track folder and just moved and deleted unwanted statues
MarcusThompson
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MarcusThompson »

Jrife548 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:51 pm
MarcusThompson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:18 am ???
Your*

But you definitely need to stop and reflect for a moment because everything you just said about me is straight projection. There's still time to change your ways, your brain isn't fully developed yet.

I'm not trying to insult YOU, I'm just saying you suck at making tracks like almost everybody else. And for somebody who talks about this game like it's dead and doesn't matter, the opinions of us obese basement dwellers has you seriously bothered.

Constructive criticism:
1) You didn't do timing gates or start gates, but that's not really a big deal

2) The decals look horrific, if you're going to make an overlay like that, you should cut out the on track part of the overlay and use actual in game decals for the on track. Otherwise you get what you currently have, which is a blurry pixelated mess

3) Some of your statue placement is not good and causes them to float off the ground like this:

You can fix this by using one of the other grass JMs to make the object smaller, then just placing more.

4) Your corner ruts are shaped well and fun to rail, but they're so unbelievably oversized that you can basically never let off on the entire track, and they make every single corner 1 lined. There's not 1 single corner on this track where I didn't instantly know which rut was the best one.

The breaking bumps are equally as terrible but for the exact opposite reason, they're way too small in comparison to the ruts. They don't slow you down because you don't need to slow down because the ruts are 20 feet tall. Ex:

Here you can hit the first bump and launch all the way into the rut, because you make your bumps like you're in the MESX editor and there's a set square where bumps go and they go nowhere else. In a super long straight like the one before this turn, the bumps should be starting way sooner, and they should gradually get larger and harder to hit as you approach the corner.

Plus, the bumps are perfectly linear. They're all facing the exact same way, the same size across they're entire width, and about the same size as well. You need to make bumps have lots of RNG if you want the track to feel more natural or more fun to play.

Also, on a sand track like this you should really just be placing tons of random small bumps all over the place, it too makes the track feel more natural and more fun to play.

5) The faces of your jumps are way too uniform. There's always like 5 perfectly straight and equally deep ruts going up the faces. This obviously isn't realistic and plays like shit. Ex:

Here, you at least tried to make one of the ruts deeper, but it's kinda aids since you have to force your bike into it instead of flowing with the layout into it. When you're making ruts on the faces of jumps you have to stop and think about how it would actually form irl, then do it like that. Make sure you're entering the deepest rut on the face naturally and easily, since that actually makes sense.

6) The way you placed some of these jumps is actually pretty nice looking, this jump in particular would look pretty cool if you didn't pepper it in useless, perfectly linear, equally deep ruts. If you actually made some realistic looking ruts on this jump face, or just didn't put any at all this jump would look a lot better.

You could also use the smooth tool to randomly flatted parts of the ruts to make it look more natural.

6) Here are some examples of some VERY unnatural looking terrain on this track. If you're paying attention at all you'd be able to see how stupid some of this looks. (bumps that you just jump over, they would never form like that ; bumps that form on a side of the track that nobody rides on ; perfectly straight ruts across the entire length of the straight that don't change depth at all despite there being rollers and jumps)

7) The tileinfo is pretty good, not draggy enough for sand but it's good for a sand 'fun track', I doubt you made it but if you did good job.

8) The flow of the track is present in only like 3 of the corners, you can just view the above reasons for that

9) A lot of what Peety had to say I also agree with. Just take our feedback and actually use it instead of responding to this by calling a person you've never seen fat again.

My verdict: 4.5/10. Nowhere near the worst thing I've ever seen, but even further from the best. You know how to make tracks, now you just have to figure out how to make GOOD tracks and you'll be just fine. You should start by not insulting everything with a pulse for no reason, accept that we're right, and use that to make you better. Everybody starts with garbage like this, but the only way to actually get better is to listen to people who are.
You know thanks for the criticism actually quite cool to see if you look into my decal folder I put 0 effort into texturing the track whatsoever so I’m sure you might see better texturing in the next one however I also just wanted to finish this so did random shit with my ruts and bumps just to hurry up and get it done cause I’m all honesty I actually hated it as soon as I ported it from leveller. This was my first attempt at a sandy ish track and had no idea what I was doing and just did random shit consistently I don’t think I’ll either put all the things you just said into consideration unless I personally enjoy making or playing the track. Thanks for the criticism I’ll try put it in action for the next one then ye