BHD: Motorama

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Brent929
Team: MAPW

BHD: Motorama

Post by Brent929 »

The Hostetter Story

In the summer of 1977, Armin Hostetter and his three sons were finishing up their 5th race season at Trail-Way Speedway. A 6th generation farmer by day and a motorcycle racing enthusiast by night, Armin wanted to see his passion for racing continue year round. During his yearly visits to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, he became aware that the large arena had a dirt floor base. That coupled with the fact that no one was racing outdoors over the winter, gave Armin a brilliant idea – it was time to organize and promote the very first indoor motorcycle race which today is better known as arenacross racing. With a few phone calls, he put together the first Motorama event which took place February 15th and 16th, 1978, known as the Harrisburg Indoor Motorcycle Championship.

As the venue expanded with new buildings so did the show - adding Go-Kart, Quarter Midget and even scaled racing events that race simultaneously all weekend long. Over the last 47 years, there were many growing pains, but year after year, Armin and his sons Brad, Barry and Perry continued to persevere and build what is today’s largest all indoor racing event in the world. The event now consumes the full 30 acre indoor venue and in addition to all the racing events you will find car shows, vendors, live music, a beauty pageant, great eateries and more.

Access to all of the racing events and all exhibition areas are included in your single admission price, but there are no reserved seats in any of the five racing arenas. More than 2,000 racers pilgrimage to the venue each year to participate, along with 800 exhibition race and show vehicles and more than 150 vendors.

As you walk thru the shows and pit areas, feel free to stop and talk to racers and exhibitors. Don't forget to support the sponsors and vendors who continue to help make Motorama possible year after year.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5vgfsjna ... a.rar/file
crotty103
Team: Privateer

Re: BHD: Motorama

Post by crotty103 »

track barks! winner in my eyes !
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Reminds me of the one I built! Good work Brent. Looking forward to trying it out.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Ryan Norton
Team: privateer

Post by Ryan Norton »

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH :D :) :o :shock: 8)
Brent929
Team: MAPW

Post by Brent929 »

Cody Darr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:38 pm Reminds me of the one I built! Good work Brent. Looking forward to trying it out.
I love motorama!