Mammoth Mx

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
BRYAN17

Mammoth Mx

Post by BRYAN17 »

MX196
Team: Privateer

Re: Mammoth Mx

Post by MX196 »

It sure is a fun track. 125's are more fun to ride it on. To tight for a 250.
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

yea thats wat i thought too i made the whole track riding on my 125 thats prbly why
pntra

Post by pntra »

time trial doesnt work on it.. just did 3 laps and never recorded my ghost.. would be a fun track to ghost on to.. its soo fast! FIX IT PLZ!!!!!!!!
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Theres no timing gates. thats why.
pntra

Post by pntra »

yea i just tried it again in a actual race the laps dont count... he needs to fix this problem and reupload and maybe get ride of that extra finish line sig in the middle of the track lol.. no biggie there but atleast make it to were we can turn actual laps.. and time trial.. if u did that man.. this would be a preety good track. still is.. but u cant really "race" it
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

I like the layout and the looks, but few thinks you should fix:
-The timing gates, as said earlier.
-Add some bumps and ruts, now it feels like a highway being so smooth
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

-The normal map for the "fence.jm" doesn't fit the skin.
-There is a random finish line object beside the track.
-It's a very one lined track
-The berms aren't that great. They generally aren't tall enough to rail around. And also, they end abruptly, so if you were flowing around the turn, you would probably wash out from falling flat off the berm when it stops.
-I don't think that the grass and weed billboards really made the environment better. Either they need to be used a lot more, or not at all, because it doesn't look real at all as it is now.
-There are a lot of ontrack decals that are randomly angled. They don't flow with the track's path.
-The 3D trees should've been used at spots close to the track only, while the billboard trees should've been used further away from the track only.
-The traction is way too slippery. I actually came into a turn, not on the gas, turning slightly, and my back end washed right out. And not just a small wash out, my bike was perpendicular with the track's path (totally sideways).
-The back straight shouldn't have been that close to the edge of the map. It looks bad because you can see the land cutoff.
-The sky is ugly, there's a thread that has free to use skys. Use those instead of the stock sky.

Obviously, the timing gates are a must to a finished track, so i don't really get:
-Why you didn't set them up?
and/or
-Why you released it without setting them up?
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

thanx for all the comments so im going to fix the track then re-upload it again
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Apart from everything that was mentioned already, did you ask ddmx and Motoboss if you could use the stuff from their tracks (decals, statues)? I know you didn't take the actual files, just linked them but you should still ask them.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

... poor attempt at a very great track.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

I'm not the greatest track maker cuz its really hard to do all that stuff and nobody else prbly would of done it and yea its not the best I had to make it using a helmet cam u had no Google maps image
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

But did you even ask if you could?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

BRYAN17 wrote:sorry to say but it was not close at all rode there last year and there were sections way off to many trees jumps ive never even seen before like a step up double thing idk :(
And it has ripped stuff.
And it is smooth as glass.
And it isn't fun at all.

Before being a hater, might wanna check your skills.

With that said, I'd encourage you to finish this track as it could be fun if you build it right.

Add the elevation. Fix the jumps. Fix the timing gates. Add rough. Get permission to use the stuff you used. Make it fun and good for racing.
mxer223

Post by mxer223 »

I honestly didn't like it very much
jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.