Spring Creek MX AMA pro National

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Duckstream

Re: Spring Creek MX AMA pro National

Post by Duckstream »

you can finish it, but dont release it, give it to the noobs that pm you wanting it...
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

You know what - I'm sure this is going to be an unpopular response, but...

Bryan - please don't be discouraged by the responses here.
Agreed - there might be another lightning bolt that will steal your thunder soon (that you were warned about), BUT!!!!

You have made more of an effort than MANY people in this community who just moan & expect ready wrapped gifts to land up in their browser, ready to download.

So well done.

That being said - I have to agree - you should spend a bit more time on your work, finish it properly.
No timing gates is a no go - it doesn't take long to do & many people (like myself) might not race online, but I love turning laps & seeing if I can beat my times.
Duilding a replica is HARD work - maybe build some fantasy tracks (there will be nothing to compare it to, so build what you enjoy riding), but what ever you do, fight the temptation to stop and just release when you get bored - push through and finish what you've started (I'm not sure how old you are, but the sooner you learn that lesson, the easier life will be - I promise you)

So that is my constructive critism - take it and make your next CONTRIBUTION (caps for all the haters) that much better.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Yeah I applaud Brian for making tracks.

Its not easy to do and it's more then 98% of this community can say.

It's sure be nice to see you work a little harder to release a polished final product though.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

wat do u meen compare it too... this is a video game for dirt bikes
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Making a replica of any sort, but especially a well known AMA track, without having everything as close to perfect as possible is like building a Geo Metro in your garage and putting Mustang Cobra emblems on it. Sure they are both cars but they are way off. If you are going to make a replica you can't just use JLV's stock objects and other people's objects in place of the buildings and such on your track. You are replicating the environment along with the track layout. Anyone can sit down and pump out a layout that is pretty close to the real thing but when you don't do all of the other stuff it is just a big disappointment.

Another thing which I already said once is when you are deciding to make a replica, especially of a well known track, throw it out there on the forums before you start and see if another creator is already doing it. Having 2 versions of the exact same track doesn't do either creator any good. To be brutally honest, when Checkerz' track comes out there probably won't be much of a comparison. The reason is because of all of the extra stuff that will set it apart from your version.

Having said all of this, you really do have talent as far as making displacements goes. If you would work on the extra stuff you could make some very nice tracks. On this game the displacement map is only part of what separates a good track from a great track. And for God sakes, put timing gates in whether you think people are going to race on it or not. Good luck in the future.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

almost thought there was a leak again

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Making a replica of any sort, but especially a well known AMA track, without having everything as close to perfect as possible is like building a Geo Metro in your garage and putting Mustang Cobra emblems on it.
I lol'd. Very very nice.

But honestly, don't make replicas until you are really confidant in yourself. It's just way more work to get a replica right than you like to think it is.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I would try to help more, but I don't have much patience for people who ignore advice - and repeat the same mistakes. Re-read the comments about Mammoth, how many of those mistakes were made again?

Rushed? Yep
No Timing Gates? Yep
Another replica? Yep

I rest my case. Is it Monday yet?