Oakdale MX BETA

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
warrior462

Oakdale MX BETA

Post by warrior462 »

This is my first track. I've worked really hard on it so far. It's not quite done, I need to place objects and maybe make a few minor changes. I'm pretty happy with it so far and I just wanted some feedback on the layout and look so far. Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lexgn4wve5x9uhk
motoxlova#1
Team: Free lancer

Re: Oakdale MX BETA

Post by motoxlova#1 »

Love the disp. A few jumps are a little pointed at the top (triple before the table), but overall a extremely well done track. For a high speed track, you have kept the jumps small but it takes alot of speed to clear them. Seems like it will make an excellent release.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

Thanks for the comment, I finished up the track and put it on puremxs, so no more need for the beta. Hope you all enjoy, and let me know what's good and what's not so I can make my tracks better in the future.
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

This is criticism for the beta, for some reason puremxs won't load the download for me.

Criticism:
-It's pretty wide, I don't think that most people would use the whole width of the track.
-The backs of the jumps and landings (especially on the triple) are too steep. They should be more mellowed out, so everything is easily rolled over, and not jumped.
-You don't need all of those textures in your folder. The game has all of the stock textures saved. Just your custom textures needs to be in your folder.
-Make sure that you delete all of the objects at the top of the map. All you need in your statues file are the few bales that you placed on the turns.
-It's probably not good that you can see the edge of the terrain map when you come over the one hill
-The bumps are decent, it's better than having a really smooth track all around.
-I like the skybox, I'm glad you didn't use the stock one.
-Desc file is always a plus, good job.

Suggestions:
-Try editing the shading file on your next track. You can, for example, make your dirt vary in color, so it's not the exact same all around. Same goes for any other texture on your track (grass). You can also fake rut and bump depth with the shading file.
-Add in some more objects
-Make the whole environment of a track, whether you're making a private/backyard track, or a local race track.

I hope this helps you out some.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

Don't know what happened over at puremxs, but the download won't work, so I put the track up on mediafire. Here you are.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqc6m6nnm9haq40
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

Really fun track! But for the bumps, if you want it more technical, than you need the ones going into berms a bit higher. Also, for the landings on jumps, I would recommend like rounding out the front part, so it doesnt look so steep from the takeoff.