Washougal 2008

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
motox161

Washougal 2008

Post by motox161 »

Here is my replica of Washougal. I have been working on this track for about a month.
I want to thank Mittocs and DJ for beta testing.
Especially DJ for shadows, trees, track map, finish line banner, and for fixing up the textures.
Wakestyle for his stakes.

Track
http://www.mediafire.com/?afkndjvbymu
Gourley #13
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Washougal 2008

Post by Pumaxcs »

first!

ok well my thoughts...
my only real problem was the turns had some real bad shadows for the first few corners and some if u tried to jump u would flip but... other than my bad suspension and vision it was very fun and i think this track or warrior mx should replace red bud
Last edited by Pumaxcs on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

the track is fun, the texes are pretty but those trees, they look good but im playing on a notebok and i cant play the track well :?
in my desktop pc looks ok
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

It's nice, but I do have a few problems with it.

The skijump isn't much of a ski jump right now. It feels really flat compared to what it's like in real life. And horsepower hill feels cool, but in real life, I wouldn't catch a bump on top of the hill where no one touches the ground. They crest over that top part, about 2 feet over the ground. But, if I do that here I hit a breaking bump. :/ Really, you don't start hitting the brakes till your on the downside. Whoops felt good, I noticed that the textures didn't line up right coming out of a few corners, but that's a little too picky. After the S-turns there is a left hand turn there, too. I remember back in 07 there was a tabletop which they took out, and they would come off that single downhill, take a slight left and then an easy right to go toward the table, which is a single thingy now. Something seems funny about it. Doesn't feel like it drops down, or any sense of a turn.

Shadows made the ruts hard to find, but other than that its a great track. I liked it a lot other than the not-so-realistic parts.

But, I'm not saying you didn't do a good job either. I know how hard it is to get a replica exactly right.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

mace-x wrote:the track is fun, the texes are pretty but those trees, they look good but im playing on a notebok and i cant play the track well :?
If you are having troubles, put these files into your folder and see if it runs better. I cut down on the number of 3d trees, and replaced them with billboards.

With the shadows, its just a matter of getting used to.
Attachments
statues.zip
(66.7 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

DJ wrote:
mace-x wrote:the track is fun, the texes are pretty but those trees, they look good but im playing on a notebok and i cant play the track well :?
If you are having troubles, put these files into your folder and see if it runs better. I cut down on the number of 3d trees, and replaced them with billboards.

With the shadows, its just a matter of getting used to.
no results, still working bad, thanks for trying to solve it, dont care, i will just play it when i can get up :wink:
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

well shoot i have been working on washougal for 2 weeks now i didnt know anyone else was working on one. guess i will have to finish a different track now. looks good anyways ill give this one a try.
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I just looked in the upcoming tracks thread, he started it 2 weeks ago too. Looks like he beat you to it. You should still upload your track so we can see what was done different
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Hell, I should upload mine too, while were at it. :/
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

lmao... popular track
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
moorin

Post by moorin »

is hp hill that steep in real life like in the game because it feels pretty flat? nice track by the way i was getting nervous with all the spectators watching :lol: (joke)
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
gordy

Post by gordy »

instupitious.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

it looks like its a bit flatter but not that much
MXS Cares
motox161

Post by motox161 »

I guess I could have made the hill a bit more realistic and a little steeper. Didn't really think about it to much.
Gourley #13
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

i dont think it matters
MXS Cares