Conifer Gulch Trail

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Re: Conifer Gulch Trail

Post by Shadow »

Yeah that is indeed weird. I don't really get it why the water could cause lagging so much when then fps still stays fairly high for you guys.

Haggqvist made the water anim and never noticed any problems and neither did I when I tested it. But then again, he has even more of a NASA computer so perhaps it's not a surprise it worked. :D
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Here's a 512x512 version of the animated water: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dei8u8z4m ... 512x512.7z
It would be great if some of you who has experienced problems could try this out and post the results here...
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The animated textures are stored in system (i.e. not graphics) memory and uploaded to the graphics card whenever the image changes. So large images will use up all of the bandwidth to the graphics card. Also, the animated textures ignore the texture resolution settings since the assumption is the texture is already low res to save memory and bandwidth.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
NAUpoiss75
Team: Spazztic

Post by NAUpoiss75 »

hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

Someone send me the files I need to see the trees. Thanks.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Shadow wrote:You could read the puremxs description too you know.
In order to see all the objects/decals you'll need these tracks/object packs:
Blackhawk Hollow: http://www.puremxs.com/Tracks/TrackView ... rackID=215
Sorketorp Trackfiles: http://www.mediafire.com/?rl8v95svd6ywg58
Treepack: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=2&t=1285
The fuck is with people and the inability to read the puremxs description?!
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

I did not read it I downloaded it a 3am.. I'm barely capable of doing anything at that time.
imrpowers
Team: Privateer

Post by imrpowers »

Track is VERY realistic, VERY well made, yet VERY difficult. Do not recommend for beginners! I run about 10 seconds slower fastest lap times than the fastest guys on SX so thats about where my skill level is. Good luck!
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

An excellent example of why I always bundle everything in my tracks, even though it often duplicates large amounts of storage data. I learned a long time ago you can't trust people to follow instructions. That applies to more then just the MXS community too!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Garasaki wrote:An excellent example of why I always bundle everything in my tracks, even though it often duplicates large amounts of storage data. I learned a long time ago you can't trust people to follow instructions. That applies to more then just the MXS community too!
Hope JLV sees this.

I've noticed that all the tracks JLV releases have this mysterious .gz file extension on each file within the saf. Can we compress each file, including models/texs, before saffing the track, and still have it work all good? I think that would save quite a bit of space, correct me if I'm wrong.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

They're gziped - http://www.gzip.org/

Just don't gzip the png files. zlib and libpng don't get along for some reason and png's are already compressed anyway.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Dirtbikr98
Team: Privateer

Post by Dirtbikr98 »

None of the downloads work for me at all. Most mediafire.com links come up with "Deleted or invalid File" I don't know if it's only me, but I can't download this track, nor many of the necessary track files to get the full experience of this track.
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

Maybe cause there 2 years old just like the last post in this topic before yours was.... :roll:
Nick Pleshek #132
KTM57 wrote:Brady's just mad because his mom is a planet and she regularly gets annihilated.
i7 3770k | XFX R9 290 Black Edition | Mushkin 8gb 2133 | Corsair C70 Military Green
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Lshaw771
Team: DreamTeam

Post by Lshaw771 »

This is definetely one of my favorite tracks to play at!