Conifer Gulch Trail

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Servatis

Re: Conifer Gulch Trail

Post by Servatis »

could have been made a little more clear what was needed to properly use this track, instead of a little text file.
also you could have written Environment pack 1 instead of eviropack1. only a couple more letters and it makes it much easier to search.

now downloading the extra 100+MB needed to play a 27MB track...
I don't really like where that is going. since i also saw a couple requirements on the other tracks that are requirements for this track. how deep does the rabbit hole go?

just my 2 cents
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

You could read the puremxs description too you know.
In order to see all the objects/decals you'll need these tracks/object packs:
Blackhawk Hollow: http://www.puremxs.com/Tracks/TrackView ... rackID=215
Sorketorp Trackfiles: http://www.mediafire.com/?rl8v95svd6ywg58
Treepack: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=2&t=1285
Plus the rabbit hole doesn't go that deeper unless you want to see everything properly in the other tracks too, but it wouldn't effect my track.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

so i downloaded all the files and i still get a lot of the default textures.
I can ride both blackhawk hollow and sorketorp. and i can see the trees.
any idea what is wrong?

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to look better than this.

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

how do you install this? it says hometrack with some files but it doesnt show up ingame
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Should have bundled everything properly guy. You overestimated the IQ of this community.

I almost feel bad saying this, it's obvious you put tons of TLC into this track and it looks amazing, and is an OK ride, but I fired it up and took one lap, and that will be the last time I play it... :cry:

It's laggy, on my end I get a glitch every time the water animation changes, and I'm guessing is an HD map which also gives my computer fits. I can pull all the trees, but the HD map is too much. It's a damn shame.
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Post by Stickerz »

jasper125 wrote:how do you install this? it says hometrack with some files but it doesnt show up ingame
doesn't matter what the saf is named, the folder inside it is named --conifer gulch bla bla bla, right on the very first page in game.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Servatis, i'm freaking stumped. You clearly have the decal - file as the decals from __hometrack and blackhawk show up. Seems like an issue with sorketorp trackfiles. check if you have decals "hha.forest.ground.3.32x32.png" and " "hha.forest.ground.3.16x16.png" in the "sorketorp.trackfiles/decalfiles" folder in your personal/mxsimulator folder.

Phathry, no it's 1025x1025 disp. You can even check it yourself since the track's not safed. :D As for the water causing glitch and lag, try removing the hha.water.seq and hha.water_norm.seq files and see if that helps.

Jasper, just extract the "__hometrack" folder into your mxsim personal folder like you'd do with all tracks. As stickerz said, it shows up as "--Conifer Gulch trail" in game in the very first page when selecting tracks.
The "--" part of the name was a mess up of mine, as I use it for not needing to search all my tracks in progress from the select track list ingame. Should've removed them from the name before release but forgot. Oh well, not like it does any damage.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

739476 sorketorp.motocross.1.wet/decalfiles/hha.forest.ground.3.16x16.png
2508459 sorketorp.motocross.1.wet/decalfiles/hha.forest.ground.3.32x32.png

out of the .saf file.

it does say "sorketorp.motocross.1.wet/decalfiles" and not "sorketorp.trackfiles/decalfiles" like you said though.. don't know if thats the problem?

---

MXS Cares
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

well, here's my 2 cents worth.

For what the track is supposed to be, a realistic private track set in the woods somewhere, you nailed it. Visually stunning, realistic jump width and length, and little to no maintenance on the track. With that being said, I live on the side of a hill, and my home track sits on the side of a hill. Due to erosion/plowing the lanes naturally start to become level. Riding on some of the hillsides on this track wouldn't be realistic I won't think. If they have a dozer out there to build the jumps, they would at least semi level the track on the sides of the hill.

Great track for a true sim fan, I however am not a diehard. I like jumps you can scrub and tracks where you can get out of 2nd gear. So for me, this track is a 2 lap and done. Sorry man

10/10 (for what the track is supposed to be)

6/10 (for how it appeals to me)
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Servatis wrote:739476 sorketorp.motocross.1.wet/decalfiles/hha.forest.ground.3.16x16.png
2508459 sorketorp.motocross.1.wet/decalfiles/hha.forest.ground.3.32x32.png

out of the .saf file.

it does say "sorketorp.motocross.1.wet/decalfiles" and not "sorketorp.trackfiles/decalfiles" like you said though.. don't know if thats the problem?
Yupp that's the problem. You've got the old sorketorp trackfiles, haggvist updated how the trackfiles folders were set when he released sorketorp 2.
DL this and it should work: http://www.mediafire.com/?rl8v95svd6ywg58

Ehh.. ddmx, I actually wasn't really caring about realism one way or another, I just built a fun (for me at least) little track that was set into woods. But yeah, I know these kind of tracks aren't everyone's cup of tea so no need to apologize man, just build/ride the kind of tracks you like, and screw the rest. 8)
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

You're sequence deleting trick did the trick as far as FPS, but the game pulled this trick on me when I removed it...

tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Same thing happened to me Phat. I took out all the png's too. Except the normal water. (hha.water I think)
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Could it be system related, I get absolutely NO LAG. Thank god at least.

Shadow I love the track. I do agree it is a bit tough and hard to keep pounding laps, but It is the best for screenshots for sure haha... Great work man.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Well, you and Shadow have NASA computers, so you don't count. :lol:
I don't lag, but it drops my FPS to 70-80.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Mine skips right in rhythm with the water animation. It's odd, even with the water.seq's in I'm only using 178mb texture memory. It's no NASA rig, but I can maintain 75FPS for a SX main with all the fancy models/skins for the entire field...