Hangtown 2010

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
warrior462

Re: Hangtown 2010

Post by warrior462 »

Yamaha285 wrote:I knew some would complain... have you ever really rode hangtown truthfully
No I have not been fortunate enough to be able to ride Hangtown. I've watched many pro races over and over again, but I absolutely could be completely mistaken as to how the track actually feels to ride. I really made an effort to make it clear I am not complaining. It's constructive criticism based on my opinions. Being based on opinion, I am 100% aware of, and ok with, the possibility that the entire community may completely disagree with me.
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Thanks guys!
MotoRockstar777 wrote:Why is the lighting set so it changes the blacks on the helmets and neckbraces to blue.
I haven't had the time to check the colors properly apart from how the decals and objects look. To be honest this release was a wee bit rushed as I've been quite short on time lately. On top of that I'm going away for the rest of the week and I just wanted to give people some time to ride the track before the race.
I'll look into it for the 2011 version. :)
warrior462 wrote:I really hope I don't sound like an ungrateful jerk...
You're not and thanks for taking the time to write that. You have some valid points and I'll try to answer as best I can...
warrior462 wrote:First of all, keep it simple. There are many beautiful tracks out there that work for everyone and don't have any problems online, I see no need to release three versions and have people guessing as to what they should download and all.
The main difference between the versions is the resolution of the background/overlay decal and as I said above they all have the same trackinfo hash so there shouldn't be any problems with using whichever version suits your hardware when racing online. That's the reason why I listed the approximate amount of texture memory used. I thought about just releasing the low-res one but felt that the others looked so much better that I decided to release them too.
warrior462 wrote:Most of the ruts have bumps in them to the point where you can't get in and get on the gas, I think it's a little overboard.
That's unintentional and a product of the disp scale. I didn't realize until it was too late how hard it was to make smooth ruts that aren't completely oversized at this scale. I still think it turned out quite ok though but I won't make the same mistake again. :)
warrior462 wrote:...a replica should have lap times that are in the ball park of the real track. Our fastest guys should be right around the fastest guys in real life...
I had this in mind from the start as I feel it's important too. Only time will tell if I'm even close to having achieved this but if my laptimes compared to the fastest guys on other tracks are anything to go by I'd say that a 2:25 lap is possible. If I remember correctly the fastest lap times in the lites races were about 2:20.
warrior462 wrote:The track should be quite a bit wider all the way around. A track that is meant to be raced online needs to have more room for passing, especially the way most of the community rides.
Most of the track is a bit wider than irl but it might not be enough, we'll see how the racing turns out. I'm really happy with the way it turned out but then again I don't race that much online so I might be off on this one.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

well I have had a blast riding with the " top guys " shack, jones, barry, PINNED, mikey etc etc. If I remember correctly a couple have dropped into the 2:28/9 range. It is really now how fast or balls out you are going, but I found it that if u just roll smooth, and half throttle thrw most of the stuff, You will be rewarded with a good laptime.

Also I would like to add. Something Shack mentioned while playing in server, and vent, which I have hardly yet to hear anyone say this yet. Was that you actually have to switch up your lines as you would need to in real life, Because unlike the sx tracks ( which are great ), you can't just stick and expect your line to be worked great every lap. There are small, and big bumps everywhere, I for one love it. It keeps you on your toes, which is something we need more of in the natl tracks. Great work Haqq :D 10/10
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

well I'm 100% satisfied, thanks so much for taking the time to look at my comments and reply. As far as lap times, it look like not only was I wrong, but I need to find some hot lines and get on the gas! Thanks again.
mxbiker
Team: FSK

Post by mxbiker »

motoxjeff#7 wrote:well I have had a blast riding with the " top guys " shack, jones, barry, PINNED, mikey etc etc. If I remember correctly a couple have dropped into the 2:28/9 range. It is really now how fast or balls out you are going, but I found it that if u just roll smooth, and half throttle thrw most of the stuff, You will be rewarded with a good laptime.

Also I would like to add. Something Shack mentioned while playing in server, and vent, which I have hardly yet to hear anyone say this yet. Was that you actually have to switch up your lines as you would need to in real life, Because unlike the sx tracks ( which are great ), you can't just stick and expect your line to be worked great every lap. There are small, and big bumps everywhere, I for one love it. It keeps you on your toes, which is something we need more of in the natl tracks. Great work Haqq :D 10/10
might be the first time i completely agree with you.

haggqvist, great job.
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
mxboy97
Team: TeamTimo

Post by mxboy97 »

Great!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Great work haggqvist! The racing is good online, we've already had some good racing :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Hmm, i dont think im gonna work on Pala anymore...

Crazy good man.
DJD

Post by DJD »

the ruts are way to jaggy though...
mxbiker
Team: FSK

Post by mxbiker »

tested the track with online racing and it did a good job.
it seems like you are in some way ''limited'' in speed due to the bumps, which makes it really good for racing.
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Guys that actually have ridden this track in real life say that the track feels just like the pro's would ride it, rutted and bumpy and harsh as hell. I think haggqvist nailed it in that respect. The layout seems spot on for the most part. I think it's as close to the actual track as possible to be honest.

Racing on this track is a blast. Like jeff had mentioned, i was racing with a bunch of guys and said over vent that you have stay on your toes the entire race. Not only are you racing against other riders, but you are racing against the track as well, which adds a whole other level of intensity to the experience. In my opinion, it really feels like a national the pro's would ride on. I don't think you could have made it any better considering what you had to work with. It's a track we will all enjoy for a very long time. Excellent job.

10/10 in my book.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:Guys that actually have ridden this track in real life say that the track feels just like the pro's would ride it, rutted and bumpy and harsh as hell. I think haggqvist nailed it in that respect. The layout seems spot on for the most part. I think it's as close to the actual track as possible to be honest.

Racing on this track is a blast. Like jeff had mentioned, i was racing with a bunch of guys and said over vent that you have stay on your toes the entire race. Not only are you racing against other riders, but you are racing against the track as well, which adds a whole other level of intensity to the experience. In my opinion, it really feels like a national the pro's would ride on. I don't think you could have made it any better considering what you had to work with. It's a track we will all enjoy for a very long time. Excellent job.

10/10 in my book.
Couldnt have said it better the track is dead on to me and ive raced hangtown more times then i have toes and fingers to count. Plus i kinda like the bumpy ruts cause no rut in real racing is gonna be butter smooth there will be an asortment of burp bumps from throttle and braking
WhMx179
Team: Privateer

Post by WhMx179 »

this track is extremely fun! excellent job
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I noticed you didn't change the env image though, we're using stock track reflections :(.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

Please JLV, could it be on 02? and 01 also?
I dont know where to play this amazing track online? any server open often? thanks for the info.