AMA Amateur National Loretta Lynn

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: AMA Amateur National Loretta Lynn

Post by checkerz »

It's a replica. The real Loretta's track is rough and gnarly and really doesn't flow. Even some really good riders also - everyone at Loretta's is pretty damn fast - ride around just burping the throttle.

I like the new version better than the old one. It still has it's "James moments" but it's up to par and pretty sick.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Yeah this one definately has more of a pro feel to it but I like it. Except all the commandments feel identicle I dont know if that's how it is IRL or not.
Baboobeats
Team: MXSP

Post by Baboobeats »

holy shiznic, this is my favorite track for sure! amazing flow, great corners, jumps and bumps. i love how it has the GP feeling to it, jumping from bump to bump and the ruffness. THANK YOU!
moto_savage114
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Project9

Post by moto_savage114 »

ive been to the track in real life. and they water the shit out of it in the morning then groom it thought the day. its really isn't straights with just huge bumps. lmao
there are bumps all over on the real track but they are not nearly as big as the ones on this track. it was just an idea. more people would agree that the roughness is off a bit.
and when i say most people i mean most people that have raced on the track.
i really appreciate the new track though. just trying to help you guys make it more fun for the majority of the mxs community.
Thanks guy! 8)
(250B 1st place) (125c 1st place)
Loretta's 2011MXS
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

You from Sacto?
only one to win something real from the game!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

moto_savage114 wrote:ive been to the track in real life. and they water the shit out of it in the morning then groom it thought the day. its really isn't straights with just huge bumps. lmao
there are bumps all over on the real track but they are not nearly as big as the ones on this track. it was just an idea. more people would agree that the roughness is off a bit.
i really appreciate the new track though. just trying to help you guys make it more fun for the majority of the mxs community.
Thanks guy! 8)
I've been as well (the past two years) and I can tell you that these guys have done a great deal working with the regular Ventrilo guys and myself to make it the best that it can be. The bumps in real life may not be this big, but they ride like this (as far as I can tell from spectating). Things can't be exactly to scale if you want it to be fun in the game.

The bumps do NOT need to be smoothed out! It's choppy and rough in real-life, which you would know if you had been to the track.

I also believe that you are the one who said it should be smoother for wide-open racing. I'm sure that if you had actually been to the track in real life, you wouldn't have said this after thinking it through. The track, however prestigious the event is, looks like it sucks. It is NOT wide-open. It's practically a minibike track. If you're on a 65 or 85, I can see it being fun, but not on the 125s and 250s in this game.

@Brina

You aren't wrong by thinking that, but I don't exactly think that your feelings about every AMA track being the same are exactly correct. This track seems different to me from all of the AMA tracks. It's choppier, bumpier, and slower. The ruts are a bit deeper and you have to really slow down and set up for them to go fast through them. In a lot of the AMA tracks, such as Budds Creek or High Point, the track is whooped out rather than choppy and you can pin it almost everywhere. The ruts are set up so that you can fly into them, then bank off of them rather than rail them. I do understand what you're saying, I just don't agree with it. I'm just trying to explain it to you so that you enjoy it more, I guess. :lol:

To the guys complaining about roughness - grow a pair! If you swap out and mess up, don't cry about it. Click down a gear and ride smarter. As I said, it's not exactly a wide-open track.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

Traction wise they feel the same as the other nationals to me. Bumpy wise, I don't mind the bumps at all(except those stupid ones on the finish jump) though it certainly reminds me of all the other ama national tracks, Hangtown was pretty darn bumpy as well, the only difference to why you can't get on the gas as much is because there are so many turns on this track. But I'm past that, it is a great track, but I am upset to see these same old ruts, they just aren't working for me. They aren't deep at all and seem so rounded, I like to really get in them and some of the ruts on the old track were perfect for that. I definitely need to learn how to make a track so I can make some super deep ruts! But yeah it's still a very fun track, not trying to say anything bad about it cause really there isn't, just not fitting my personal preference is all. It should be an interesting race on it for sure.
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

in my opinion, i really like this track and the feel of it!! very nice work!! much better than the other one!
i dont think all the ama track looks similar, i love all of them, and each of them have there own nice feeling.
but i have to agree with the ruts, even if on this track i think the ruts are pretty much very nice, i think it s one thing that has not be very much master on this game, as brina said, they are always round... there are nice but not so real... it does not change the fact that these tracks are sick and i enjoy all of them fully!!
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

good job!
VillaMoto
Team: Private

Post by VillaMoto »

Pretty good, thanks.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

checkerz wrote: It still has it's "James moments" but it's up to par and pretty sick.
Yeah, seriously. Dafuq is with the gold roost?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

moto_savage114 wrote:ive been to the track in real life. and they water the shit out of it in the morning then groom it thought the day. its really isn't straights with just huge bumps. lmao
Thanks guy! 8)
I've likely raced Loretta's and been to Loretta's more times than years you've been riding.

Like I told James, Loretta's isn't really that much of a fun track in real life, so it has its work cut out for it in the video game. It's rough, rutted, and brutal. Maybe at some point I'll do a fully groomed national for all the cry babies about there being too many bumps. There is always the 00 server you know.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Its stupid having to tip toe around the whole track, you can make a track rough while maintaining the fun factor. At least use the smudge tool to make a somewhat natural bump.

The bumps on the track have no natural flow to them, its like the guy in the dozer was drunk and just started digging potholes everywhere.

A cool replica, just not very fun. Its gonna be a mess on race day, goobers crashing all over the place. Just my useless opinion of course. :wink:
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

I think most of the bumps are natural-feeling, but there are definitely a few out-of-place ones. I think that if there were more numerous, but smaller bumps, the track would be even more frustrating. I think it will be a good track. Lots of crashes, of course, but the rider who rides realistically, and not WFO, will be rewarded.

Of course, when I ride too conservatively I also fall. A lot of these ruts are easy to tip over in by not being aggressive enough. It will be interesting. It's pretty hard to complain about so many high-quality replicas being made.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

i am having some of the best race on this track, i love all the different trajectories...