My First Track

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
imrpowers
Team: Privateer

My First Track

Post by imrpowers »

I made this primarily to experiment and get used to the editor, it's the first time I ever used the editor. I posted this video to get opinions and feed back, and some help! I think I have the basics of jumps, berms, and whoops, but I need help with some other things. First off, here's the video, I think the track is pretty fun, yet plain and unrealistic. The only category that this would fit into is the fun factor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ4h37X4 ... ture=inbox

This is what I know that needs to be done for future tracks:
Breaking/Acceleration Bumps (Need help to make good ones)
Decals (No idea how to use those)
Environment
Skinnier track
More realistic track (No 5th pinned Triples!)
HOW TO PUT IMAGE FROM GOOGLE EARTH ON THERE! Can anybody tell me how to do that!?

Is there anything else you guys think needs to be addressed? Besides that, I need help with breaking bumps, decals, and an image of google earth on the track! I really want to know how to get Google Earth images onto the editor, I don't have Photoshop, so is it still possible?

Plan to gradually get better and release tracks in the future! I didn't release this one because it's just a personal folder kind of track, oh and I used the dirt from Next Friday MX, It's great dirt!
Davinho222

Re: My First Track

Post by Davinho222 »

looks like a really fun track its awesome i hope there are anyo track editors out there who can help you with the ground textures and that stuuf and with good objects than this track is going to be one of the really good tracks
Baboobeats
Team: MXSP

Post by Baboobeats »

Yeah it definatly got potetial. ruff it up and rut it up and throw in some decals and objects. good luck!
imrpowers

Post by imrpowers »

OH and I forgot to mention! Any time I try making a rut (or a small berm) it's very bumpy/edgy, does anyone know what to do for that!?
Baboobeats
Team: MXSP

Post by Baboobeats »

i havent even touched the editor, but use a smooth brush or whatever its called on low strength?
moto_savage114
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Project9

Post by moto_savage114 »

sick track like he said just add some ruts and bumps. and texture. nice!! :D
(250B 1st place) (125c 1st place)
Loretta's 2011MXS
hughesy12

Post by hughesy12 »

from watching the video and without downloading the track yet these are my tips :)
i do use the editor a lot and have learnt my way around so if u have any questions please ask me :)

- it looks like a great flowing track which is great!
- to im prove your whoops try different shapes and distances apart but i have found a good sx style size that works perfectly but it takes time
- if u want to improve ur jump shapes go into other peoples track and check their shapes with the gradient placement and edit.... have a look at the shape and try and replicate the shape in your own track.... good ones to look at are jlv's sx series tracks.... this can be applied to berms and whoops as well
- to make the track narrower use the adjusters on the side that changes the circle size
also to get rid of the bumps u can eiether choose to smooth it or u can make the center circle smaller when painting or adding... sometimes it is just trial and error
- decals.... well there are a few tutorials out there now that explain it great but also once again just look at other peoples files to try and understand it
- sorry no help with bumps as i havent exactly figured out a good technique with them yet haha
but great looking first track :)
Blaze#202
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Blaze#202 »

Hey cam you release this as it is to me? Want to ride it bad!
Privateer! :)
imrpowers

Post by imrpowers »

I didn't want to make another thread for this so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdTmnVIi ... ture=inbox

Is there ANY video of applying decals!? I can't figure em out for the life of me.
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

imrpowers wrote:I didn't want to make another thread for this so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdTmnVIi ... ture=inbox

Is there ANY video of applying decals!? I can't figure em out for the life of me.
Check out this link on how to use decals, it helped me a lot. http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... ack+decals
imrpowers

Post by imrpowers »

That's what I used haha, can't do it.