2010 AMA Supercross Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
broshow449
Team: Privateer

Re: 2010 AMA Supercross Discussion

Post by broshow449 »

mxer323 wrote:im hearing jlaw will be back this weekend or next.

Any word on why he has been MIA?
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

He has mono.
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

Really? I heard that he was taking some time off to get in better shape to race.
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

Well that too.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Cant wait for the end of the month, im going to Atlanta, Daytona, and Jacksonville.

Gonna be good!
broshow449

Post by broshow449 »

Its gotta be hard to get back in shape when you have mono.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

ddmx wrote:great ride by the chubby red head who eats pickles and drinks monster, haha.

Ya know, after his ACL surgery he did gain a shitload of weight. And it hasn't gone anywhere. :/
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

Before he got on a 450 he said that he was going to bulk up, i forgot the reason why, except obviously more muscle is needed, maybe he likes being heavier on the 450?
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

$10 tickets to San Diego for whoever is in the area. It does have a $5.10 charge per ticket though. So it's really $15.10 per ticket. But still like half off
http://entertainment.travelzoo.com/ente ... mail_top20
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

I dvr the races and watch them during the week so I get the news a couple days late. This is such a crazy season. I wonder if its gonna get cut throat now that reed/stewart are out, as everyone will feel they have a real chance for glory. I really wanted to see Dungey go up against stewart & reed though. If dungey can survive without any more landings like sf, I think he'll win the season, but it will get interesting.

Andrew Short seems to be having some bursts of speed lately?! Well, the heat race at sf he was haulin ass but then in main he didnt show it. Bummer.
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

ya i think we are in for some interesting racing the rest of the year. rv dungey and hill will be up front alot. throw in short and millsaps and countless other guys and this is gonna be awesome.
EssEss

Post by EssEss »

Sorry, I'm a page late, but Dungey's crash was crazy!! While he was in the air I had no doubt in my mind that he was going to snap an ankle or something, or land with his legs straight and break a leg or something xS
But he was very stylish with that crash, throw the bike away, land, roll, run, ride ^^ That was some of the smoothest running I've ever seen anybody do in boots :D

I only saw it last night, it airs a week later on Foxtel.
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

EssEss wrote:That was some of the smoothest running I've ever seen anybody do in boots :D

haha me and my cousin said the same thing. Anyone who rides knows how different it is to walk in boots let alone run in them lol.

I look for Andrew Short to put in a good ride tonight. It almost seems like Dungey is starting to feel the pressure of being expected to win already. Two crashes ,when running basically by yourself, in one night is odd. Maybe he was just having an off night last week, but Villopoto, Hill, K-dub and Shorty have to put pressure on him again tonight and see how he handles it. No matter how hard you try to block out a bad race, it is always in the back of your mind. If they can pressure Dungey tonight and not let him walk away with it, we will see whether Dungey has what it takes to win this championship.

On the lights side, I want to see Trey up there right with Weimer again. Trey definitely has the speed to win, he just needs to get starts and stay out of trouble. Blake Wharton has to get good starts tonight. He just has to. He is fast enough to run top 3, but his starts have been horendous this season. Josh Hansen is riding the momentum of getting a good clean race under his belt last week. Now he can push the first 3 races out of his head, and know that he can and should run up front.

SX
1 - Villopoto
2 - Dungey
3 - Windham

Lites
1 - Weimer
2 - Hansen
3 - Canard

P.S. - How sick would if be for Geico Powersports to sweep all three Championships! K-dub on the 450, Canard west coast, and Barcia east coast. It is possible :D
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

I'm hoping Hansen can show what he's capable of. I've been fortunate enough to ride with him and Andrew Short at the Donnie Hansen MX Academy years ago, when Hansen was on a yz80 and Short on a kx125.

The way Dungey was able to do a ninja roll out of a potentially paralyzing crash... and too sick for words.
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

I'll try to keep updating this all day.
https://twitter.com/REIDY171