who actually races motocross as a sport not just a hobby

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
enzopersson
Team: Privateer

Re: who actually races motocross as a sport not just a hobby

Post by enzopersson »

No fun without? tananana
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Wideopen6 wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:I'm a professional flat track racer in the states. And on off weekends I race MX B in Wisconsin, or whatever state I am in.

lol....

i run intermediate on quads right now....plan on running all the tqra's next year and hopfully nationals the year after that.
I hope you're not laughing at the fact I race flat track. If you don't believe that I'm pro that's totally up to you and won't hurt my feelings at all. I have nothing to hide from anyone here, I'm not some 12 year old kid who thinks he needs to impress everyone on the internet. I'm 23 years old and my name is Mark Zeidler. They have a list of professional riders on the AMA Pro Racing website, feel free to check on it.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, don't laugh at flat trackers. Just about every professional motocrosser started with flat tracking. Same thing goes for trials riders with enduro racing
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

uhm sorry, but what exactly is flat trackers?

peace!
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Its oval track racing on bikes. You can take a MX bike and put a 19" front wheel on it and lower the suspension and go racing. Search you tube for flat track and you can get a pretty good idea of what it is.

Flat track was the sport in the 50-70's as far as motorcycles in America go. It would put modern MX to shame in terms of riders and depth of field at all levels including amateur. Currently it is a fledgling sport, where only the best of the best make a true living at it, meaning that maybe the top 5 in points last year didn't make money other ways. Still it beats MX as far as depth of field. At Springfield this past fall 107 riders showed up, 60 made the night show through timed qualifying. They were separated by less and 1 second. Pretty hard to beat that.

You may know some former flat trackers who race MotoGP also. Nicky Hayden, Casey Stoner, Ben Spies? Ring a bell?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

And names like Chad Reed and Michael Byrne
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

enzopersson wrote:uhm sorry, but what exactly is flat trackers?

peace!
Ha ha, the guys that go 120 down the straights and 80 around the corners without brakes! You should rent and watch that awesome movie from around the 70's that I can't remember the name of. Someone help me. It's got a good section highlighting flat trackers.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

On Any Sunday. We have brakes though, have since 1969, the year that On Any Sunday was filmed. :)

They also run short tracks and TT's. Flying 100+ ft w/ 6" of travel going 80mph. Yea, flat track is lame. Search on you tube for Peoria TT.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

YEAH! On any Sunday. I can't believe that I forgot that. lol. Watch that movie. And brakes are for pussies. Remember that.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

why else would they have the cement wall or fence?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

I dont see any reason to not have any brakes actually, like speedway, no brakes and a wooden fence around it (or a fence with a bale or two) If they cant turn and they hit the wall they are getting seriusly hurt(killed, happends a couple of times a year) atleast 7 of 10 times. If they had some kind of brake atleast they could slowdown before they hit the wall.
Its not the speed that hurts you, its the sudden stop.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

man i love that movie on any sunday i must have watched it 1000 times
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

oh, that looks pretty damn cool, so its like speedway but with diffrent bikes? Man Speedway looks too scary live.

peace
67matt67

Post by 67matt67 »

i race 125/250 novice in norcal :D
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

frederick wrote:I dont see any reason to not have any brakes actually, like speedway, no brakes and a wooden fence around it (or a fence with a bale or two) If they cant turn and they hit the wall they are getting seriusly hurt(killed, happends a couple of times a year) atleast 7 of 10 times. If they had some kind of brake atleast they could slowdown before they hit the wall.
Its not the speed that hurts you, its the sudden stop.
But isnt it like....You dont realize you're fucked until its too late, and then brakes would only..make it worse..? Or just..do nothing.. :o