Your worst dirtbiking injury?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: Your worst dirtbiking injury?

Post by Voutare »

ddmx wrote:tore my pancreas, threw up everything in my stomach, got life-flighted, and spent a week in the hospital with a one night stay in intensive care. yay me
Alcohol really does a number on you man...

Next thing you know they'll take your kidneys too.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Davey, did they send you a shirt with a picture of the helicopter that flew you on it? I got one of those after I flew. Wish I remember the ride :(.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Wings
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Wings »

Broke my tib and fib and my growth plate. what happend was i snapped my fib and it moved down and hit my growth plate and it snapped (in two) then it came out of my foot. was in intensive care for 3 days, then in hospital for 3 weeks, then went home in a wheel chair, crashed my wheelchair being stupid and then broke my collarbone, which sucked haha......

cool story...
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Wings wrote:Broke my tib and fib and my growth plate. what happend was i snapped my fib and it moved down and hit my growth plate and it snapped (in two) then it came out of my foot. was in intensive care for 3 days, then in hospital for 3 weeks, then went home in a wheel chair, crashed my wheelchair being stupid and then broke my collarbone, which sucked haha......

cool story...
that really...really...blows.
yzmxer608 wrote:Davey, did they send you a shirt with a picture of the helicopter that flew you on it? I got one of those after I flew. Wish I remember the ride :(.
no haha, but my mom got some sort of necklace. she got to ride up front and enjoy the view meanwhile i'm in the back laying down staring at the ceiling.
McNeil Racing
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MXSP

Post by McNeil Racing »

broken all my fingers(inside and outside of motocross) broke my elbow, almost paralyzed myself(hockey injury), cased a 80ft double hit a mound of dirt thats been there for 5 years dried out to shit... got a serious concusion and memory loss ftw!, broke my right ankle ftl.
jlv wrote:I wonder how many hours of my life I'd have back if DeRoco had never noticed this game?
MXSP Race Team: Joe, Gideon67, Butler, McNeilLatest MXS Tutorials,MSI Episodes and Track Reviews
dcMN

Post by dcMN »

i broke my femur just play riding at the farm, dislocated my shoulder and i also compressed one of my vertebrae in a rock climbing accident. The femur was defenitely the worst of them, spent a week in the hospital.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

When i was 4 years old, my dad got me a Honda z50. I was only aloud to ride around the yard after preschool under my parent's supervision. A year later i was in kindergarten. Came home from school one day and was riding around. My mom was home and my dad was at work. Well, i was getting quite bored going around in circles and jumping over our plant island (raised island in the yard with decorative shrubs in it). My mom went inside for something and being the little rebel on a minibike that i was, decided to ride out on the dirt road that we lived on.

Heres a google earth image of the house i grew up in.

The green box was our property. The yellow line is the path i was taking around the yard. You can see the dirt road we lived on connected out to a paved 2-way road.

So anyways, i started riding up and down the dirt road, ripping through all 3 gears that the z50 had, having a blast kicking up dust in the air and what not. I kept going further and further down the street (towards the paved road), going faster and faster each time. Well, eventually i was going too fast, slammed on the back brakes (thats how i stopped as a kid), and slide out into the paved road. Sure enough, a lifted early 90's Ford pickup was coming down the street at about 40 mph and hit me from the left side. Point of impact is the red circle. I was hit so hard that I was thrown all the way to the red X.

Thank god i was wearing a helmet or else you wouldn't be reading this story right now :(. I was wearing a little yellow Bell Helmet. The helmet literally cracked in half right down the planar middle. Saved my life. Actually, i think we still have the helmet somewhere. I also broke 3 ribs on the left side and punctured my left lung, was spitting up blood, barely could breath, along with a couple other minor fractures in my arms and legs. Was in the hospital for 6 weeks doing rehab, I couldn't walk for nearly 4 weeks.

Weird part about it too. Even now, i still remember riding around that day. I don't remember the final trip down the street, but i do remember waking up to the sirens of the ambulance and paramedics hovering over me, cutting my clothing off.

My dad saved the extremely damaged bike and completely rebuilt it from the ground up as a welcome home gift. 8)

For some reason, i think my life long motorcycling itch has been caused by this accident.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

BTW, it looked exactly like this.

ShackAttack12
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Damn. That's intense. Any accident that has to do with bikes and cars are usually deadly, but a young kid...

Man, your lucky to be alive. I've had close calls with cars before with sledding and shit with a road at the bottom of a hill, but luckily never been hit. One time I did get ran over, but that was my own fault and it was nothing.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Voutare wrote:Damn. That's intense. Any accident that has to do with bikes and cars are usually deadly, but a young kid...

Man, your lucky to be alive. I've had close calls with cars before with sledding and shit with a road at the bottom of a hill, but luckily never been hit. One time I did get ran over, but that was my own fault and it was nothing.
Yeh it was intense for sure. We have ollllddddd home video of me riding around, me in the hospital, and me out of the hospital. Also, we have video of my dad rebuilding the bike, and me riding around after wards.

I really would like capture them on my computer. Childhood videos are priceless.
ShackAttack12
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Jeez Shack, that's crazy.

Guess this teaches you to always listen to your parents eh.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

5 or 6 streetbike crashes without hospitalization(scratches and stiches) including hitting a gate in the dark at about 40mph(embedded denim in my shins), same with the 2 or 3 dirtbike crashes(none from casing or facing). Just real lucky along with stupid I guess. Never spent a night in the hospital or been in an ambulance. 1 friend is paralyzed from waist-down from gooning at Washougal. Lots of stunts gone bad with no broken bones. Knock on wood.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
motox161

Post by motox161 »

When I was racing 85's awhile back, I remember blasting out of the gate with a really good start like top 3... and then I remember waking up dazed and confused inside my trailor. It was so unreal! I kept asking where am I and what I was doing, throwing up constantly, and shivering in 90 degree weather.

Eventually I was taken to the hostpital and straightened up enough to actually know what happened. There was a small step on step off section and the step off was pretty damn difficult because of the chewwed take off of the table. My dad says he saw me step-off and over the bars I went cartwheelin and flippin... he waited for me to get up and didn't see any movement... so he ran all the way to the other side of the track and once he finally got to me he said that I was still out. He said he saw the eyes rolled back in my head and though he may have lost me... Sure enough I guess I snapped back into it and answed the simple "do you know where your at" or "whats your name and number" questions. I then had a quad take me back to my trailor as I hung on.... and I don't remember any of that... some intense stuff! I suppose I was unconscious for about 4 minutes... definitily the craziest crash and experience for me.
Gourley #13
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

in 5 days marks the 1 year aniversity of my biggest crash. i was racing at agassiz, having a 4 way battle 4 first. i came of a small but fast tabletop and landed a little sideways in a pothole on the landing, crossed up and got high sided into the face of a tunnel jump after. i broke my collerbone, fractured my pelvis and my right eye socket, and tore my liver. i had internal bleeding into my stomach and lungs, nearly dying from soffication aswell, and including coughing up blood, and was knocked out 4 15 minutes (not to mention i dont remember a thing until 7 hours after). i spent 4 weeks in a hospital, 3 months off my bike and any other thing that involved more moving than walking. its even harder if ur a 13 year old with real bad adhd. i did ride better than ever after the incodent cause it took fear out of the equation i guess
vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Post by vortexracingleader »

Mine would have been a Compound Fractured Shin Bone,broken arm...Jumped and me and some 1 collied in the air and when we landed my arm landed and smashed in the footpeg puncturing my arm,and breaking it.. then landed on the ground and guess i landed wrong and my shin broke :D