Real MX Pics

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Re: Real MX Pics

Post by Judge »

This day a dude with the same bike and all landed next to me and raped my handlebars... my neck still hurts :lol:
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

RideBlue, what's your results like in C class? Honestly, you look like a sandbagger. Then again I do too, in Vermont though. Haha.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

thanks, ill take that as a compliment i guess. lol 3rd is my best so far. :( usually top 5 though.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

rideblue56 wrote:thanks, ill take that as a compliment i guess. lol 3rd is my best so far. :( usually top 5 though.
Yeah I'm about the same here. Top few guys running C class here are just nasty. A few could, with luck win B class around here.

I figured that Virginia is also quite a bit more competitive than Vermont, as well.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

At least when I was racing, the top 125C riders were very fast. As a 125C rider, I was usually top 5 but it definitely wasn't a sure thing. The one time I rode Collegeboy I went 5-5, beating all but one B rider and at least half of the A riders, most of them on bigger bikes. And I didn't even have half the points required to be promoted! The new promotion rules based on average finish make much more sense. Rideblue should be promoted soon since he's averaging better than 11th.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I really hate how motocross works. It's like the top 10 of C class should ride B, considering it is a 'beginner' class, so leave it to the goons. Around here, if we bumped up the top 5-10 C riders, the B class would be sick, but instead it's just 5 kids who are just as fast, but like yellow backgrounds instead.

Perfect example is practice days. Show up and see half the C class running expert/am practice, and then what is left is how it should be raced.

We should have auditions for each class. Watch people go out for practice, and have people decide what class they are good enough for. Haha.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I hate that, for once when i raced i wanted at least 1 good finish, i even had some people in C that should of been in A, its ridiculous.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Armadijl
Team: Rockstar MX1 Suzuki

Post by Armadijl »

We used to have a C, B and A class, but now it got split into 2 and 4 stroke. This also sucks for me, cause of most of the 2 strokes i ride with could be running top 5 in A class which ruins racing for people like me (C rider). I actually should make the pass to a 4 stroke, because they have still a A and B class, and this B class leaders ride like 10secs a lap slower than the 2 strokes :S
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

At this stage in my life I don't get hung up on where I finish, just as long as I know I rode to my potential. Life is so much easier as you get older. :D
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I'm happy if I don't hit neutral when I'm riding.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

yzmxer608 wrote:I'm happy if I don't hit neutral when I'm riding.
Happened to me last weekend. I was in 2nd gear coming out of a corner (jump right after) and my foot must have hit the lever and shifted into neutral. :oops:
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I always get it when I go from first to second, but last time I rode I think I got faster in the corners and can get bye with slipping the clutch in second.

AND to make it worse, I can hardly ever get into neutral when I want to :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Should try lowering the shifter a touch. I always had problems shifting gears, but lowering the shifter a bit really helped
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

yzmxer608 wrote:I always get it when I go from first to second, but last time I rode I think I got faster in the corners and can get bye with slipping the clutch in second.

AND to make it worse, I can hardly ever get into neutral when I want to :lol:.

Don't use first. Really, unless your 200 pounds on a 125, it should handle 2nd. I did that for the longest time, and I just started really riding higher RPMS and coming into corners hotter and it does wonders on laptimes and speed.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

The little bit I tried it did help, I only weigh 130 so I guess it should be fine then.