Liquid Image video goggle

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
dylan22

Liquid Image video goggle

Post by dylan22 »

The Liquid Image Impact Series HD is a MX Goggle with an integrated True POV HD Video camera. The goggle contains a 136 degree (FOV) wide angle lens to capture all the action for all Offroad Sports. The hands free unit has a 5.0 MP camera mode and a video mode that records HD720P video at a rate up to 30 frames per second with audio. The Impact Series HD can hold a Micro SD/SDHC Card up to 32 GB. Product includes a 4GB Micro SDHC card and a Rechargeable Lithium Battery for 1.5-2 hrs in the HD Video Mode. With the use of a micro SD/SDHC card, the camera is capable of recording thousands of photos or hours of HD video and can be downloaded to a computer through the High Speed USB cable provided, or through a Micro SD/SDHC card. The Impact Series Goggles can be customized to fit a variety of single and dual vented lenses for different environments. The lenses are made of an optical Lexan material which is durable and impact resistant and 100% UV protected. The lenses come with an anti-fog treatment and include Iridium lens coating for accurate Light Transmission. The Impact Series Goggles can be converted to a Snow Goggle by changing the lense, nose guard, and strap for Xtreme Sport Action during the Winter.

I came across these and it really caught my attention, seems pretty similar to a Go Pro but I prefer the view better from these, and its less likely to take damage in a crash. Im tossing between this and a Go Pro. Whats peoples thoughts? Thanks

magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Re: Liquid Image video goggle

Post by magnusson »

i prefer gopro and here's why, if your a front fender looker like my self wont the video just record the front fender or can you adjust the cam?, and in the beginning of the video you can see how the guy stretches and stuff which isn't cool you dont spot it as much when he's riding but the gopro doesn't do that. the gopro offers 60 fps not this one. gopro offers 170° and 127° angle of view this one only offers 136°. gopro can also be used to record other than hobbys that use goggles and gopro offers more spots on the rider to film(you can put it on your handle bar, front fender, rear fender, fork, chest, backwards on your helmet)

im a huge fan of gopro(sadly i don't have one) but impo gopro offers way more than this camera...
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I can't really tell a big difference in the view from that and a go pro (besides seeing the visor). I would go with the Go Pro for the reasons robbi talked about.

That's still a cool video though :D.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
WhMx179
Team: Privateer

Post by WhMx179 »

I still want one :P
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

I think it is a cool idea. I wouldn't mind trying. How much is it?

I do agree what has been said though. It depends what your preference is but I like the GoPro.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

robbimagg wrote:i prefer gopro and here's why, if your a front fender looker like my self
Shouldn't you look ahead, not to your fender?
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

yes ofc, but beginners look just right in front of the fender and then the cam would be at the same point as that, right?...

i don't do it as much as when i was starting i was just trying to make a point :wink:

in other words, Go Pro FTW!!!impo
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

robbimagg wrote:yes ofc, but beginners look just right in front of the fender and then the cam would be at the same point as that, right?...

i don't do it as much as when i was starting i was just trying to make a point :wink:

in other words, Go Pro FTW!!!impo
Except when you forget to adjust the Go Pro for a different helmet! One of my videos from the weekend is half covered by my visor :(
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

So I have to buy there goggles? Because I'm not leaving Scott.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

I wouldn't race with either for 2 reasons.

1) Trading pair of Oakley's for lesser quality goggle's with a camera isn't worth it. Especially how the camera will take up a little room. Visual and visual protection is everything to me when riding.

2) GoPro's add weight to the helmet, making it harder to move. When you have less weight then you and your bike will move/handle better.

But for practice, I would choose a GoPro because I can't stand loss of vision. Period.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

How much can a GoPro weigh to stop you from moving?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

My opinion within two seconds of seeing them at a local race earlier in the year (I haven't tried the goggle or heard any opinions on it):

-The goggle looked huge (depth wise)
-Not the best looking goggle out there
MiNi wrote:GoPro's add weight to the helmet, making it harder to move. When you have less weight then you and your bike will move/handle better.
Liquid Image Goggle = 8.64 ounces [0.54 lbs (http://www.liquidimageco.com/products/o ... s-hd-black Under "Specs")
GoPro = 5.9 ounces (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=6)
I don't know how much a regular pair of goggles are, but even if you added the 6 ounces of the GoPro to your helmet, I wouldn't imagine much difference.