2011 AMA Motocross Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Re: 2011 AMA Motocross Discussion

Post by On The Pipe »

Hopefully RV2 gets the title but im impressed at how hard Dungey is trying though. I think RV2 deserves the title more though.
i_Bite#21

Post by i_Bite#21 »

RV2
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

On The Pipe wrote:Hopefully RV2 gets the title but im impressed at how hard Dungey is trying though. I think RV2 deserves the title more though.
It'd be more interesting if Dungey didn't run out of fuel, and didn't have that bike problem at Southwick. I'd say he would have a comfortable lead by now
REIDY-171
Team: Privateer

Post by REIDY-171 »

Who else is going to Pala?
DJD

Post by DJD »

Dungey has had stupid problems this year. Run out of gas? Electrical problems? Come on...

I would like to see Dungey win, just because of the stupid things that happened to him that were completely out of his control.

RV only had one big problem (at RedBud) where he came back to 9th or whatever it was.

Great to see Deano win, he's a cool dude.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

DJD wrote:Dungey has had stupid problems this year. Run out of gas? Electrical problems? Come on...
I've been thinking the same thing. And, of all people, Goose is his mechanic.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

It are just the Suzuki's that doesn't work well.
Last year almost all suzuki's got pushed to the pits, smoking, in Texas. Roczen had like 3-4 DNF's last year?
Dungey also had a DNF in the SX season.
In the MX2class here in Europe are the suzuki's getting OWNED by all the other manufactures. Also in the US are their results not so great.

And don't call me a suzuki hater, I'm running Rockstar MX1 SUZUKI :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

Dnf in sx season was a chain that broke, thats not to blame on the suzuki. Its to blame on either the chain company or the mechanic that installed it
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

jasper125 wrote:Dnf in sx season was a chain that broke, thats not to blame on the suzuki. Its to blame on either the chain company or the mechanic that installed it
No need to try to put the blame on anyone. Its racing. Shit happens.
jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

just sayin, i would rather see dungey get the w then villopoto
Skadazzler
Team: Privateer

Post by Skadazzler »

I think both riders and teams are great,but I don't believe Dungey deserves the win because things stupid things happened. It does suck for him but motocross is a huge team effort (other than you guys that do go on your own,huge respect for that) and the way I see it Kawasaki and Ryan Villopoto beat Suzuki and Ryan Dungey this year.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Skadazzler wrote:I think both riders and teams are great,but I don't believe Dungey deserves the win because things stupid things happened. It does suck for him but motocross is a huge team effort (other than you guys that do go on your own,huge respect for that) and the way I see it Kawasaki and Ryan Villopoto beat Suzuki and Ryan Dungey this year.
If you give Dungey the win for his DNF alone where he was 30 seconds ahead of second place, that would put him in first place. Let alone Southwick, Dungey by far has earned this Championship.. Villopoto got a gift, a big one at that especially how Reed had his crash. If Reed was still in the picture Villopoto would not even be close right now, consistancy tells the tale. Dungey has placed outside of the top two 3 times this season. One was a Third place, one was the Southwick race and the other was the DNF..
i_Bite#21

Post by i_Bite#21 »

Let's face it, 3 out of 4 Dungey championships were all gifts. Villopotos had 10 moto wins to Dungey's 5. In 250 MX Pourcel was leading by like 16 points then his bike broke at Southwick. Then he came back, won Steel City, but still couldn't claim the title and Dungey got it. Then in Supercross, Villopoto was coming up hard with momentum until he broke his leg. Therefore, the only guy who could contest Dungey in points was Windham, and he was like 100 points back. Then in MX, he had nobody to battle with since Reed got Epstein Barr, so Short was the only guy to contest him, and what does Short do now? 10th places? He was fairly easy to beat for Dungey.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

So it's a gift for Dungey when Pourcel's bike breaks one time, but not a gift for Villopoto when Dungey's bike breaks 2x in one season? :roll:

Should we not count any of McGrath's titles since Ricky wasn't there to contest them? :lol: What about anything after 1986? Bailey was paralized, so clearly none of those guys winning races/titles deserved it since Bailey wasn't racing anymore. :roll:

What an ignorant thing to say iBite.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The one thing that blows with Dungeys situation: If he doesn't win the championship due to problems caused by Suzuki, then he won't get the championship bonus. So basically, Suzuki won't give him the championship bonus because of their own problems. You'd hope that they would at least meet him half way and give him some sort of bonus anyways.