Computer display problems slash help

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Computer display problems slash help

Post by jbob23 »

im having all sorts of problems with our computer and the monitor. its windows vista. we have a decently sized lcd monitor like 19 in. maybe. ive always ran the resolution at 1440x900 and it looks damn good.

well i get on the computer today and the screen is all messed up. like not centered at all and doesnt fit right. the image like overlaps itself even.(like stuff usually on the left side is now skewed on the right side). this had me worried but i managed to change the resolution back down to something like 1280 x 738 or somethin. its not near as sharp but it atleast looks ok.

im wondering how i can fix this?

and then also when i was messing around trying to fix this problem i got into my graphics card stuff.
all kinds of stuff like antialiasing setting and the Anisotropic filtering. ive heard of people messing with these and it made there screenshots look way better? any idea of what to do there or should i not mess with it at all?
INVADEtheLINE

Re: Computer display problems slash help

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

If anything, in those settings, disable Vsync (Vertical Sync)...It helps the game run smoother.
Upped my framerate like a mofo
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

INVADEtheLINE wrote:If anything, in those settings, disable Vsync (Vertical Sync)...It helps the game run smoother.
Upped my framerate like a mofo
Alright thx cool deal

any ideas on my display problem? cuz it seems you are pretty computer savy from what ive seen and heard from you.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Make sure your screen is Vista compatible. Some of the older LCD screens weren't made for vista. There should be a sticker like this on your screen

That Vsync setting was on my computer when I first got it. Capped my framerate at 60 fps
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

DJ wrote:Make sure your screen is Vista compatible. Some of the older LCD screens weren't made for vista. There should be a sticker like this on your screen

That Vsync setting was on my computer when I first got it. Capped my framerate at 60 fps
not seeing that sticker anywhere but the monitor came as a set with the computer and it had worked fine for a long time. its dumb.

and ya that vsync really helped my framerate too
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Oh, I thought you meant this new computer had Vista, whilst your old one did not. Is a screenshot possible?
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

DJ wrote:Oh, I thought you meant this new computer had Vista, whilst your old one did not. Is a screenshot possible?
this is wahts wierd. cuz i tried to get a ss earlier and when i opened it, it was just a regular desktop screenshot. nothing was messed up.

just tried again and its the same way.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Hmmm, der, I don't know why I thought that would work, it doesn't actually take a shot of whats on screen. How about a photo?
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

kind of hard to see (damn cell phone camera). but on the far right side of the screen u see where the clock is? that should be on the edge of my screen not ofset to the left. and then u see where the icons that are supposed to be on the left are now overlapping on the right.

i could maybe manually adjust the screen to make it fit, but it should adjust itself..its pissing me off.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, thats very strange, never seen anything like that before
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

well i got it fixed. for now lol. POS

i update some drivers that jlv suggested to fred in another topic and it worked.