MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
goudbeekie
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TattlerMX Honda

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by goudbeekie »

Put some sick whips with my buddy mxmasta57 and some funny battles! Gonna make some screenshots.tomorrow, now gonna sleep #goodnight
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

Anyone here like to read? I'm trying to start reading more often, like I used to. Just picked up Slaughterhouse Five, have any of you read it?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Last thing I've read was The Hunger Games series so I doubt you're asking me for suggestions.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Last thing I read was 1984. Good book
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

DJ99X wrote:Last thing I read was 1984. Good book
I plan on reading that soon, along with Catch-22, Brave New World, and V for Vendetta.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

BrutalMX wrote:why should they make it legal? They make way more money arresting every little user, fining them $1,000s then they would actually legalizing it. That's just my two cents.
I'm glad you said this. Gives me a chance to state my theory. Let me also say that Voutare (a forum user that I haven't seen on in a while) kind of inspired this.

Well, first off, it seems like a pretty harmless drug, as far as drugs go, so I'm sure that it could be treated the same way as alcohol. Brady or Ohagan told me that there's a sort of breathalyzer thing for weed, so that could be used.

There's also the enormous amount of violence that's associated with marijuana's growth and selling. There are violent cartels, sketchy street corner drug dealers, teens that get caught up in selling it, and the list goes on. (Here's the Voutare-inspired part) If the US government were to possibly charge a tax or something, but not regulate the selling and buying, then they could probably make more money on that than arrests, since I doubt that they catch as many people as the number that would be willing to pay a little bit to be totally legal. A problem arises that people who haven't paid taxes before will evade them in this case, but tax evasion isn't exactly a new concept, either.

Then, if weed is legal, the fast-food economy is also stimulated. :lol:

/theory

1984 is an awesome book.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

The problem I've seen with weed is that it often leads to other drugs that are far worse. I'm not saying that everyone that smokes weed ends up moving to cocaine or whatever but in many cases that is what inevitably happens, it's a slipperey slope. A couple of guys I went to high school with got kicked out of 6th form college because they were found smoking weed on campus. I remember bumping into them one day before they got kicked out and they were exchanging small packets of white powder. :roll: Everyone that I've seen/known that smokes weed was just a total loser and if you look at those people now they're going absolutely nowhere in life. This is just my experience though.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

the problem i have is the people who sit there, smoke dope and collect my tax money, that i work for, for a job i had to do a drug test for.

I have friends that smoke dope, they contribute to society so that part is cool....its the ones that don't....
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

The Conman wrote:
DJ99X wrote:Last thing I read was 1984. Good book
I plan on reading that soon, along with Catch-22, Brave New World, and V for Vendetta.
Brave new world is really good.

If you're into sci-fi, then anything by Frank Herbert. Dune saga is easily the best sci-fi book series I've ever read. Heck, those books are easily the best I've ever read, period.
Just stay away from the Dune books written by Frank's son Brian, those are utter crap where he butchers the whole saga just to get money.

Other recommendations:
Sci-fi/fantasy
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (Ranks almost up there with Dune imo)
World War Z by Max Brooks (Fun collection of "eyewitness" stories after a zombie apocalypse)
A song of ice and fire series by G.R.R. Martin (Game of thrones from tv, only way better 'cause the books have a lot of stuff left out from tv. Need I say more?)
Metro2033 by Dimitri Gluhovski (Awesome book, especially the ending)
Harlan Ellison's I have No mouth and I must scream (short story, not a book. Still great.)
Do androids dream of electric sheep by Philip K Dick (The book Blade Runner is based on. Movie is better imo, but the book is still definitely worth a read)
H.P. Lovecraft, Call of Cthulhu (A short story, still, bloody awesome.)

Some misc books:
if you like to reflect on stuff and life, then a book called Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig

The satanic bible by Anton Lavey (Nope, not about sacrifing goats to teh devil :twisted: but instead about the religion lavey came up with and its beliefs, where men are their own gods sort of speaking. Interesting read, especially the philosophy and the book's take on life and living. Wasn't too keen on the later "IT'S MAGIC!!!" bits though.)

Talent is overrated by Geoff Colvin (Interesting read on how what we perceive as natural talent is more the result of endless hours of hard practice)

Good Calories, bad calories by gary taubes (Dude scoured through a ton of nutrition research and came to the fact that the current nutrition recommendations are complete bullshit. One of the more interesting parts of the book is how the modern food plate recommendation came to be, and it's not based on any proper nutrition science. Book's not without its errors and controversies, but eating like he says WILL make you a hell of a lot healthier than the official nutrition recommendations)

How to develop a perfect memory by dominic o'brien and Use your memory by Tony Buzan (Both books are about memory techniques and systems to be able to memorize way more stuff than normally possible. With a little practice memorizing for instance the order of playing cards in a shuffled deck after seeing every card only once becomes an easy task. Added bonus is that practicing the mnemonics seems to better thinking and recollection in general. Mind felt much sharper when I was using these regularly.)
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Chancellorsville
Team: Terralite Studios

Post by Chancellorsville »

The Conman wrote:Anyone here like to read? I'm trying to start reading more often, like I used to. Just picked up Slaughterhouse Five, have any of you read it?
My sister read it, said it was good.

Personally, if you're looking to read for pleasure:
Power of One - Courtenay
Sphere - Crichton
Jurassic Park - Crichton (sounds lame, it's not though)
Timeline - Crichton
Anything Steven King

*especially The Stand*
DK662

Post by DK662 »

Funny how some think of weed. Anyone can abuse any substance weather its legal or not. I really dont understand how weed can lead people to use other substances more than alcohol. Only reason I can see that is because its illegal so kids want to be the cool ones by doing illegal things which would also include other drugs.
Amendment 64 on the Colorado ballot (legalize marijuana) is only opposed to by government officials, It's just unreal what lies are put into our heads about this.
Watch a movie called "Reefer Madness". It was made by the us government to scare people back in 1937 about this drug.

Whats wrong with coming home after a long days work and having a brownie or rip instead of a beer? 8)
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

It's illegal. Pretty big difference if you ask me.
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

DK662 wrote:Funny how some think of weed. Anyone can abuse any substance weather its legal or not. I really dont understand how weed can lead people to use other substances more than alcohol. Only reason I can see that is because its illegal so kids want to be the cool ones by doing illegal things which would also include other drugs.
Amendment 64 on the Colorado ballot (legalize marijuana) is only opposed to by government officials, It's just unreal what lies are put into our heads about this.
Watch a movie called "Reefer Madness". It was made by the us government to scare people back in 1937 about this drug.

Whats wrong with coming home after a long days work and having a brownie or rip instead of a beer? 8)
The term "weed" was encouraged by the US gov'mt as another tactic to scare us of its "bad" things. Phat, I thought you were a lot more reasonable than this!
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

BrutalMX wrote:The term "weed" was encouraged by the US gov'mt as another tactic to scare us of its "bad" things. Phat, I thought you were a lot more reasonable than this!
Postma

Post by Postma »

BrutalMX wrote:
And the fact that ALL these hospitals, ALL these so-called treatment centers are making money off of it, why should they make it legal? They make way more money arresting every little user, fining them $1,000s then they would actually legalizing it. That's just my two cents.
Ya, local city and state governments might make a $1,000 out of an arrest but us (the taxpayers) are going to pay out 20 times that for them to spend some time in jail. All this for a few ounces of marijuana, while there are plenty of other criminals who were let free on parole because the jails are over-crowded... :?
KTM57 wrote: Well, first off, it seems like a pretty harmless drug, as far as drugs go, so I'm sure that it could be treated the same way as alcohol. Brady or Ohagan told me that there's a sort of breathalyzer thing for weed, so that could be used.

There's also the enormous amount of violence that's associated with marijuana's growth and selling. There are violent cartels, sketchy street corner drug dealers, teens that get caught up in selling it, and the list goes on. (Here's the Voutare-inspired part) If the US government were to possibly charge a tax or something, but not regulate the selling and buying, then they could probably make more money on that than arrests, since I doubt that they catch as many people as the number that would be willing to pay a little bit to be totally legal. A problem arises that people who haven't paid taxes before will evade them in this case, but tax evasion isn't exactly a new concept, either.

Then, if weed is legal, the fast-food economy is also stimulated. :lol:

/theory
While I agree with your theory, I believe this should be the same for all drugs. Legalize them all. User will always be addicts/users whether or not it is legal. Just because heroin or crack is legal, doesn't mean I am going to run out there and do it. Let the government monitor and tax them. Marijuana alone can generate $20 billion in tax revenue/year (source: CNBC). Instead of using our tax money putting users in prison/jail, put that money towards rehab centers to help those who need it.

I initially thought kids would have easier access to these drugs if they were legalized, but most high-school teenagers already have easy access to drugs. My 15 year-old cousin can get a hold of any drug of choice, easier than she can get alcohol. The amount of kids addicted to heroin, in my area, is astounding (could be because I live around the Detroit area, lol).

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36179677/How_Big ... ana_Market
Andrew Postma