B.S. laws in the United States

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

B.S. laws in the United States

Post by iceman967 »

hey, have you guys heard what they are doing here in the united states? They banned all sales of mini-bikes due to the lead content in the plastics, and they are going to shut down 2 mil acres of designated riding land.
First if your son or daughter is licking the dirt bikes, they should go get checked out anyway. But really... no sales on mini bikes due to lead content, whats next we will not be able to drive cars or have close because of the lead content in those too? It really is BS!!!
Second, 2 million, let me repeat the 2 MILLION ACRES of riding land are going to be shut down if president Obama signs the papers. Lets hope that he doesn't because the government gets paid tons of money from riders just to register their bikes to ride at the areas, I know my bike is registered for it...

And third and lastly, what happened to the United States being a free world, if the government will be able to control what time of day that a citizen can actually go and take a shit?
New sign:

*No shit zone between 2am 1am.*
hahahahahahaha

Please let us know what you think!!!
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
cuzmxer544
Team: Privateer

Re: B.S. laws in the United States

Post by cuzmxer544 »

first i would like to say that this whole thing is stupid. the mother fuckers that are trying to get this passed were probably riding little honda trail 50s and four wheelers when they were a kid and now that they have some athority they feel like they can do what ever they want to. and another thing is that people have been riding these bikes all there lives since the day they could walk. and now out of no where they want to say you cant. if this does pass it probably wont last for to long because they will be putting companys out of bussness that specialize in making mini bikes. like cobra and polini. i dont know i think its a bunch of crap. and it probably wont hold up.
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

There was already a topic about this whole thing. It is sorted out for the most part. This weekend, they are having a meeting with all these high authority people, and they're working to void dirt bikes out of the law. In fact, Matt Wozney, an excellent videographer and filmer and editor and whatnot, made a 5 minute video showing the other side. It talks about how motocross is a lifestyle for many, and it shows all the dedication and love for the sport. Some guy that is the head of AMA or something actually called him to get permission to use the video during the hearing. That'll show em'!

Here's Matt's site where you can see his works of art. He made the DVDs "Moto Exposure 1, 2, & 3" and number 3 won an award as the best amateur MX video of 08'. So check him out.

http://www.mxptv.com

*edit*
He also has a show coming out on the TV channel Versus. It features alot of his riding videos.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

That's a pretty moving little video. Can you imagine what it would do to the motocross sport to have kids not able to ride until they're that old? Look at all the big names and I'd wager real money that they all started riding before they were twelve. Hell, the first time I got on a motorcycle, I wasn't even three yet! Sure, I wasn't exactly riding it, but I was by the time I hit second grade.

Regarding the land-use thing, this is nothing new. Riders have been at war over land use for a long time now, particularly with the BLM, which as of 2005, is responsible for shutting down over 20 Million Acres of so-called "public" land. I don't suppose any of you guys have heard of the Sahara Club (arch rival of the Sierra Club) or the Phantom Duck of the Desert? There was major action going on starting around, I think it was 1977 or so, including protest rides, lawsuits, arrests, mainstream media coverage, and even threats of using deadly force against any rider who dared enter certain areas of barren desert on a motorcycle. Millions of dollars were poured into the battle, mostly by the BLM people, who eventually just wore the opposition down.

http://www.off-road.com/offroad/article ... ?id=299961
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

And the EPA is trying to ban tearoffs too.

Who wants the Republicans back now?
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Post by iceman967 »

haha i say keep the democrats but fucking go to every representative's house and make there grass into dirt and lay some new rubber throughout their driveways hahahahaha. This really is bullshit though. I do feel for the little kids who do 65 foot gaps on 50s. For Polini and Cobra, they will continue sales outside the USA and stay strong no matter what. Besides if this really does stick for years, then the teams like ktm should step in and take their fastest 50 and 65 riders and move them out of the country until they are of "age" and bike size. It just sucks more with the 2 million acres getting shut down. I ride at a state park all the time in oxford massachusetts and its so much fun. Its owned by the Army Core Engineers but still you never know. And for the tear offs, the companies are probably already researching bio-degradable material that they can use to replace the plastic.
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

JETZcorp wrote:That's a pretty moving little video.
Yeah, it actually does touch the hearts. I know so many little kids on 50s that are doing so good for their ages and it'd be a shame to watch them give up their dreams.
JETZcorp wrote:Hell, the first time I got on a motorcycle, I wasn't even three yet! Sure, I wasn't exactly riding it, but I was by the time I hit second grade.
Yeah, I got my first PW50 when I was 3 and 1/2. I was racing by first grade, and it is my whole life. I think motocross is without a doubt an actual lifestyle that you can live.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Voutare wrote:And the EPA is trying to ban tearoffs too.

Who wants the Republicans back now?
HAHAHAHA......i think the world has bigger problems than tearoffs......