TwoTwo Gone Green + 2014 Team Speculations?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
OllzMate

TwoTwo Gone Green + 2014 Team Speculations?

Post by OllzMate »

So Chad Reed has been Posting Tweets Hinting about a different direction for TwoTwo motorsports. Is it in the right direction?

Chad said that his passed not so high and mighty year was a mixture between injury and not feeling comfortable on the red machine therefore he and honda are parting ways.
Where too next.....? Hints started off with him Going back to Yamaha to end his career how he started it... A great one of that, but the rumor was quickly dismissed after he said he doesn't get on with the new Yamaha 450's. Going on from that there was talks between RCH and TwoTwo gaining partnership but that soon folded over with disagreements. Husqvarna.... YES! With Husky and KTM's new partnership it appeared that Chad caught a glimpse of what may be a good threesome combination. Soon after he tweeted a image of what looked to be a white KTM front fender with TwoTwo graphics and sponsors over it. Chad then said himself, that his bike would be white for 2014.
Or not it may seem, Latest information on Chads happenings is that hes now partnering up with Mitch Payton. I guess Pro Circuit backing is far better than Husqvarwho? Its not the first time Mitch and Chad have been collaborating together, Mitch helped TwoTwo on to its own 'TwoTwo' feet before Honda and all the rest got involved. So as it appears in some footage recently uploaded, The deal has most likely got the go ahead with Chad now Testing on 2014 Kxf450, who knows if this is a good thing or not for chad? 2010 wasn't a great year for him but was that due to injury or being uncomfortable with the bike.

The bit that i like about all of the rumors floating around is that Dean Wilson is now apparently signing up to TwoTwo! As Pro Circuit are no longer going to have a 450 team due to Traxxas backing out of the sponsorship deal and with Dean Wilson dropping back down to the 250 class for another year. Mitch's team will be stacked with 7 riders all under one tent, Chad recently tweeted that it is very strange telling his contract terms to another rider instead too himself and with the problem with too many riders for pro circuit and also rumors in the past of Dean and Chad teaming up, the best option would be.... for them to team up. In my opinion i think this could go really well for both riders as one of the two has a veteran of the class to learn 'tips of the trade' and the other one can boost his competitiveness as im sure getting slower lap times than a guy half his age will hurt the heart a little.

So what do guys think, can we pretty much decide that its set in stone for the partnership between Chad and Mitch and will Chad have his last few years on the green machine? Also what are you thoughts on any other recent changes of teams/contracts and what not. I for one can not wait to see what Davi Millsaps has got to give on his new KTM! Also will the Rookies move on up to the premiere class cause any threat to RV2 and will Dungey be on KTM for 2014 after his not so good ride at MXON and with Roger Decoster telling him that he needs to focus on himself and stop blaming the bike? I love the pre-season speculations, would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
OllzMate
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Re: TwoTwo Gone Green + 2014 Team Speculations?

Post by WellsMX524 »

Chad reed has most definitely gone to a Kawi. There's no doubting it. The video earlier, I paused it, screenshotted it, and put a 2013 kxf cutout over it and it was a match. I'm excited for an official announcement. I think Reedy is preparing for his retirement with this move though. I see him signing Deano, and moving forward with his progression on the 450 machine. My speculation is that Chad is making a selfless move to go green to help Dean Wilson make a transition into the 450's.

I see Eli Tomac and Barcia both being a title threat this year for SX. Maybe a stronger Millsaps? Who knows? The anticipation is killing me, I can't wait for ME Cup and A1!
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

I saw that video, even if you paused the video, theres no way you can tell what bike it is. You can put a 2012 CRF450 cutout on it and it would seem to match up
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Want to put money on it? The odds are apparently 4:1 in your favor.... :)
MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

WellsMX524 wrote:I see him signing Deano, and moving forward with his progression on the 450 machine........My speculation is that Chad is making a selfless move to go green to help Dean Wilson make a transition into the 450's.
Where does this keep coming from? Reed has said countless times that he will only someone he thinks can win. Dean didn't blow everyone away on the 450 outdoors, and to my knowledge hasn't won an SX championship and has no resume to prove he will be good on a 450. Lastly Dean is on a 250 for 14, and Reed has also been pretty vocal about not hiring friends.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

mx4life wrote:I saw that video, even if you paused the video, theres no way you can tell what bike it is. You can put a 2012 CRF450 cutout on it and it would seem to match up
I can tell it's a Kawi.
http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.co ... d7_101.mp4
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Post by HondaRider746 »

MrStickers wrote:
WellsMX524 wrote:I see him signing Deano, and moving forward with his progression on the 450 machine........My speculation is that Chad is making a selfless move to go green to help Dean Wilson make a transition into the 450's.
Where does this keep coming from? Reed has said countless times that he will only someone he thinks can win. Dean didn't blow everyone away on the 450 outdoors, and to my knowledge hasn't won an SX championship and has no resume to prove he will be good on a 450. Lastly Dean is on a 250 for 14, and Reed has also been pretty vocal about not hiring friends.
I cant remember exactly where I heard it but Dean said his SX injury with the collapsed lung held him back in outdoors. He said he had trouble breathing and that his stamina just wasnt where it need to be. Those may have held him back or he just may end up being a washed up rider which I would hate to see.
I throw whips.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

tyskorn wrote:
mx4life wrote:I saw that video, even if you paused the video, theres no way you can tell what bike it is. You can put a 2012 CRF450 cutout on it and it would seem to match up
I can tell it's a Kawi.
Yep. That shroud is either a KX or RM and the rear plates knock out RM. That will be a green bike.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

It would be sick to see him back on Kawi
MrStickers

Post by MrStickers »

tyskorn wrote:
I can tell it's a Kawi.
Reed loves to stir the rumor pot, I would not put it past him to bolt on different shrouds just for the lulz.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Sounds like a lot of work.
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Hopefully chad won't move to the green bike. He had his worst season on this bike and I can't think of seeing him fast on it in 2014.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

he also went on kawis before they did their changes to them in 2012. poto said he felt way more comfortable on the new kawis, maybe reed will be the same.
Donate if you like My Creations
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

The people that can't tell he's riding a Kawi in that video need to get their eyes checked!

Even if a video pops up of him on that 2012 Honda, it wouldn't mean anything. I'd say that it's pretty obvious he's using the CRF that he liked so much and was even challenging RV on as a base on which to compare whatever new bike he is testing.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

BuddyTheElf wrote:The people that can't tell he's riding a Kawi in that video need to get their eyes checked!

Even if a video pops up of him on that 2012 Honda, it wouldn't mean anything. I'd say that it's pretty obvious he's using the CRF that he liked so much and was even challenging RV on as a base on which to compare whatever new bike he is testing.
it's a 2013/14 kawi. look at the shrouds on it. as someone stated before the shroud shape can either be a kawi or a suzuki and the back end is that of a 12 honda or a new kawi. it is most likely that it is a kawasaki
Donate if you like My Creations