2014 AMA Supercross Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
KTM57

Re: 2014 AMA Supercross Discussion

Post by KTM57 »

AWood wrote:idk. but wouldnt forward momentum make you hit slower... like back and front hit slower than back and front would at same angle just falling vertically
I don't really know. My physics classes have taught me to calculate them separately. Maybe air resistance comes into play when you have angular motion, but we pretty much always consider that negligible since it's only high school stuff.

Back to the real talk...

Regardless of how stylish a rider Barcia is, he's a baby back bitch and Mookie could drop him instantaneously. I'd love to see them fight.

It's hilarious to me that Barcia throws around words like "homeboy" (not exactly PC) on Twitter after Malcolm walked all over him on the track. Total keyboard warrior.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Because it is about a change in direction. If you are coming down at a 45 degree angle (moving forward) then the change in direction is 45 degrees. If you are coming straight down then the change in direction is 90 degrees (or as bad as it gets). The more your direction needs the change the more force is generated. Try dropping something straight onto a table, thud. Now drop the same thing on something tilted at a 45 degree angle, smooth as butter.

Still dont think it was a smooth landing though haha.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Stop bringing up numbers. Throw a bowling ball down a runway from a vertical angle straight down, probably going to thud and bounce. From the same height throw it at a forward motion, probably smoother than dropping directly down.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

SMR 510RR wrote:Because it is about a change in direction. If you are coming down at a 45 degree angle (moving forward) then the change in direction is 45 degrees. If you are coming straight down then the change in direction is 90 degrees (or as bad as it gets). The more your direction needs the change the more force is generated. Try dropping something straight onto a table, thud. Now drop the same thing on something tilted at a 45 degree angle, smooth as butter.

Still dont think it was a smooth landing though haha.
I believe you (I have it in my head that you're an engineer of some sort. Is that correct?), but I don't understand why a change in direction has anything to do with the price of tea in China when the only substantial force on the system acts straight downward.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

AMA Physics Discussion. Barcia is like Bubba, rad, but reckless. Hondaboy has suddenly grabbed ahold of BamBam's nuts and commenced the swinging. I gotta go find the clip since I didn't get to watch past the first 450 heat.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

Ddavis wrote:That was called holding your line.
No shit, Captain Obvious.
KTM57 wrote:Regardless of how stylish a rider Barcia is, he's a baby back bitch and Mookie could drop him instantaneously. I'd love to see them fight.
Neither of them will probably fight each other, so you'll never know. Throwing around statements about who would smash who is a bit ridiculous.
KTM57 wrote:It's hilarious to me that Barcia throws around words like "homeboy" (not exactly PC) on Twitter after Malcolm walked all over him on the track. Total keyboard warrior.
How did Malcolm "walk all over him on the track" in that situation? It looked like Malcolm threw a hissy fit if anything.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I hated Barcia for that. Mookie was on point that night and was looking to make his first 450 night a great one then Barcia pulls his typical over aggressive stuff and that happens. Mookie has been consistent with doing that, he takes no shit. If I was killing my 450 class debut and then someone who has already knocked themselves out of the points suddenly thinks every position counts and did that to me I'd let him know how much of a retard he was too. Not that i think Mookie would have just gave up the position I surely don't think he would be pushing someone that hard considering how he has no dog in the fight. I've been riding this "Mookie Fever" hype for sometime and I thought it was about to become a world wide epidemic but someone named after a cartoon turned vitamin character ruined the rest of Daytona for me.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

Someone needs to just clean out Barcia and show him what's up. If Alessi would have done his move on Barcia instead of Tickle, maybe I wouldn't have cared so much :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

MiNi wrote:Didn't Brayton run Barcia into the tough blocks at Phoenix?
MiNi wrote:
Ddavis wrote:That was called holding your line.
No shit, Captain Obvious.
Not sure what your point is...
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

Pumaxcs wrote:I hated Barcia for that. Mookie was on point that night and was looking to make his first 450 night a great one then Barcia pulls his typical over aggressive stuff and that happens. Mookie has been consistent with doing that, he takes no shit. If I was killing my 450 class debut and then someone who has already knocked themselves out of the points suddenly thinks every position counts and did that to me I'd let him know how much of a retard he was too. Not that i think Mookie would have just gave up the position I surely don't think he would be pushing someone that hard considering how he has no dog in the fight. I've been riding this "Mookie Fever" hype for sometime and I thought it was about to become a world wide epidemic but someone named after a cartoon turned vitamin character ruined the rest of Daytona for me.
Look, I think Barcia is a tool too. But to be brutally honest, it wasn't like his pass was super dirty. He came in aggressively to take the line away and at least had an intent of passing. Malcolm looked like he just cut down and he didn't expect Barcia to be there. I fail to see how Barcia is a "retard" when what he did was an act of racing. If anything, Malcolm left the door wide open for Barcia to make a move. If you want to talk about how Barcia almost killed him and Roczen, then that's a completely different story. Like I said, his aggressive riding will catch up with him sooner or later (I think it already has). Also like I said, it was one thing for Malcolm to shove Barcia (I don't blame him for being frustrated or mad), but to dump the clutch into his bike was crossing the line.

How does this (assuming that's what you're implying here) kill his hype? He's an amazing rider; he'll be fine.
Ddavis wrote:Not sure what your point is...
Just pointing something out. That's all.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
BSM70
Team: MotoPlayground

Post by BSM70 »

dylan22 wrote:Honda Boy is straight up retarded, Malcolm is going to drop Barcia so hard. I cant wait.
U must be retarted
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

You're the retard here sunshine. Did you not just see the video posted of Mookie parking Barcia? Mookies double his size. When they come together on the track I guarantee Barcia will be on the receiving end, I can't wait.
BSM70

Post by BSM70 »

Omg in the outdoors I would like to see Malcolm even attempting to race with Barcia. Malcolm is no were near Barcia in outdoors. Don't know what the hell he was talking about. The only time they c each other is A.)on the line B.) when Barcia comes around lapping him.
Rab

Post by Rab »

BSM70 wrote:Omg in the outdoors I would like to see Malcolm even attempting to race with Barcia. Malcolm is no were near Barcia in outdoors. Don't know what the hell he was talking about. The only time they c each other is A.)on the line B.) when Barcia comes around lapping him.
Barcia isn't Barcia right now, I don't think Malcolm will have trouble racing Barcia in outdoors
BSM70

Post by BSM70 »

Barcia won't put up with any shit from nobody