Dreams and dreaming.

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: Dreams and dreaming.

Post by Voutare »

If you wake up in REM sleep, you remember them. That's when the dreams are most active and vivid. This is at 4.5, 6, and 7.5 hours into your sleep. Granted, it might not always be the same, but your brain and sleeping goes through cycles.

Have you noticed that every time a dream has scared you awake, you remember it? That's because you were having the dream literally a split second before you woke up, and you were in REM sleep. However, if you make it through a nightmare, you might not remember it, and probably wont because it's not active.
Jack 984

Post by Jack 984 »

Psssh, I live about 3 miles from Old Alton Bridge. Google it, its in the top 10 most haunted places in the us.
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

I remeber having a dream I was fighting someone, and when I went to punch them, I hit them but like really softly. I kept trying to punch them sooo hard but it would only be really weak punches, like tapping someone on the shoulder. It was pretty funny.

And I've tried to lucid dream before too, but I always wake up when I realize it a dream.

I have been sleeping with my eyes open and been paralyzed though.

I woke up early one day(home alone), and I was tired again so I just went to sleep on the living room floor(lol). I fell asleep and then I woke up, but I couldnt move, exept I could see. I heard this huge jet airplane noise, and I was like shit, its going to crash into my house, Im going to die.(idk why?) And I tried to move, but I couldn't. I was terrified, I thought I was going to die(and I actually started to accept it, I was going to die). I started screaming, I couldn't move my mouth to talk, just moan loudly. I started praying in my head(Yes, I am religious). And the noises Immediatly stopped. I started to thank God in my head and closed my eyes and went back to normal sleep. I woke again, still paralyzed. There was all kinds of people walking around in my house!(Like thousands) I looked at them, then I saw my Dad talking to one of them and I started to call out to him, but all I could do was moan.(still paralyzed). I don't remeber what happend after that, but I went back to sleep, woke up 5 hours later. So basically, I was still paralyzed from sleeping, but awake, and dreams and real life were merging toghether. I couldn't sleep for 2 days after this.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Voutare wrote:That's a Fisher Cat. They scream like a woman.
There is a fisher where I hunt, I've never personally seen it (or heard it) but my Uncle has (seen it). Heres a vid I found of them making noise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FpHpLRLo4

That's really weird Wil, are you sure the whole thing wasn't a dream and you didn't actually wake up?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

This is rare, but sometimes you open your eyes when you are sleeping, and you are fully cognitive. So you can see directly in front of you, and you can think, but you can't move anything, as you are dreaming. It's crazy. It usually only lasts about 30 seconds for the rest of your body to 'wake up'.
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

yzmxer608 wrote:
Voutare wrote:That's a Fisher Cat. They scream like a woman.
There is a fisher where I hunt, I've never personally seen it (or heard it) but my Uncle has (seen it). Heres a vid I found of them making noise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FpHpLRLo4

That's really weird Wil, are you sure the whole thing wasn't a dream and you didn't actually wake up?

Im not completey sure, but I really think i wasn't dreaming. I looked at the clock before i layed down, and it was an hour after when i was paralyzed i could see it. And I saw my dog walking around :lol:
gordy

Post by gordy »

yeah, sleep paralysis happens quite often actually.
seeing murky figures and hallucinating is one of the associated side effects too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
instupitious.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

yzmxer608 wrote:When I was little I used to get dreams where they start off I was falling from the sky and hit the ground in a parking lot or something, but I felt no pain or sensation of falling at all.
Thats happens in Buffalo Soldiers when Joaquin Phoenix falls from the top of a building.

Sometimes i just dream or whatever like normal but like randomly i think im crashing my dirtbike and and i start to twitch and have a "Fit" and i start breathing deaply its really wierd/// :shock: :? :|
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Sometimes I find when I'm about to fall asleep, and I'm thinking about going down stairs or something, my legs jerk like I'm actually going down stairs, it's kinda weird.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

I was sleeping in class once, and I was dreaming I was about to fall off a cliff, and right before I hit the ground, I twitched and kicked the desk and made all kinds of noise, and of course, woke up. Everyone was staring at me and it made me laugh. :lol:
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Wilmx829 wrote:I remeber having a dream I was fighting someone, and when I went to punch them, I hit them but like really softly. I kept trying to punch them sooo hard but it would only be really weak punches, like tapping someone on the shoulder. It was pretty funny.
That always happens to me, its annoying lol. And when i try to sprint, i cant move very fast at all.
Jack 984

Post by Jack 984 »

When I am about to fall asleep, I have a dream that I am falling, and when I hit the ground, I wake up and my whole body twitches.
TeamShortBus276
Team: MX Formula

Post by TeamShortBus276 »

I always have a dream where I am riding on some sweet track that has perfect rythem and you can be pinned the whole time without scrubbing and through the turns. It is perfect, but there is this jump out of a short squared up right turn like on Speedworld before a little double and when I hit the jump, a brick wall shows up out of nowhere and I just plow it. Then I wake up sitting up panting. It is crazy, but I enjoy it all the way before I wake up. I always try to think about it before I got to sleep so it will happen again.
Phathry25 wrote:Are you sure you didn't mean to make your name YFZ-Mark?
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

Every once in a while i fall off a building in my dreams and my whole body freaks out when i wake up, thats about the only thing i get. Pretty boring really.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I had a dream about the end of the earth last night. For some reason, some one fired rockets at the moon, which blew it up. Then parts of the moon hit the earth. Can't remember anything after that, must of died.