Your worst dirtbiking injury?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Re: Your worst dirtbiking injury?

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Yamahaulin wrote:Image
What kind of device is that in your rib cage guy?
Yamahaulin
Team: TBR

Post by Yamahaulin »

its called a sling around my arm there guy
2017 Sim Cup Champion | 2014 East Coast Supercross Champion | 2013 MEC Champion | 2013 250 MX Outdoor Champion | 2013 Grand National Champion | 2013 250 West Coast Supercross Champion
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

Yamahaulin wrote:its called a sling around my arm there guy
damn dude that sucks! hope you heal up fast man!
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
ABRacing18
Team: 888888888888

Post by ABRacing18 »

I'll bring this back to life.

In April, on Easter, I had a decently bad crash. Came up to a jump intending to seat bounce, got all retarded somehow messed up and launched off like Reed except I probably looked like I was trying to be Ronnie Mac. I attempted to stand up but kept falling back down, after the third try I just stayed on the ground. After that, I kept passing out, like every 15 seconds. Ended up in an ambulance to Kaiser Vacaville, an hour from where I live. My blood pressure was dropping, and I was put into emergency trauma surgery. 4 hours later I learned I had torn my common iliac vein, an injury they haven't seen before, which nearly killed me. I had to get 12 blood transfusions, I'm pretty sure 1 unit is 350cc. So I was on the brink of death. I woke up in a neckbrace and an endotracheal tube down my throat for anesthesia, and I was on a ventilator. My stomach was also still open to absorb blood. Probably used Bounty or something. Then i had a 2nd surgery. I was awake when they took the tube out, wasn't pleasant. To add onto that, I also had a grade 4 liver laceration, right kidney failure, a collapsed lung, a broken collarbone, and a broken scapula. To add onto that, someone messed up during my 2nd surgery and put a vesopressin of some kind into my arm instead of the vein where it belongs. Killed my arm, ended up getting a skin graft. Also had median nerve damage from that, so even now my hand isn't very functional. I had a 4th surgery 2 weeks ago which fixed it, now time will prevail.

My collapsed lung had 2 chest tubes to drain fluid. So I had 3 tubes coming out of me at once. One for my chest (then a 2nd one), and 2 for my liver. And a 5th for my skin graft (wound vac). I was awake for the 2nd one, and it was literally the worst pain ever. I've broken a lot of bones, and they're like mild sprains compared to it. Just Google chest tube insertion. I was in the hospital for a month, and also suffered from multiple DVTs (deep vein thrombosis) which are blood clots. I have to take blood thinners for those.

I'd say I'm done riding :)
Aaron Boulger #116
Career Accomplishments:
Ate 3 tacos simultaneously
Almost won a race on 07
Made a successful batch of mac n cheese
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Need to get Josh Hill to page rape.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Alvo52
Team: Concept Decals

Post by Alvo52 »

Broke both hands :lol:
[Image
Johnny_McClorey_95
Team: Privateer

Post by Johnny_McClorey_95 »

ABRacing18 wrote:I'll bring this back to life.

In April, on Easter, I had a decently bad crash. Came up to a jump intending to seat bounce, got all retarded somehow messed up and launched off like Reed except I probably looked like I was trying to be Ronnie Mac. I attempted to stand up but kept falling back down, after the third try I just stayed on the ground. After that, I kept passing out, like every 15 seconds. Ended up in an ambulance to Kaiser Vacaville, an hour from where I live. My blood pressure was dropping, and I was put into emergency trauma surgery. 4 hours later I learned I had torn my common iliac vein, an injury they haven't seen before, which nearly killed me. I had to get 12 blood transfusions, I'm pretty sure 1 unit is 350cc. So I was on the brink of death. I woke up in a neckbrace and an endotracheal tube down my throat for anesthesia, and I was on a ventilator. My stomach was also still open to absorb blood. Probably used Bounty or something. Then i had a 2nd surgery. I was awake when they took the tube out, wasn't pleasant. To add onto that, I also had a grade 4 liver laceration, right kidney failure, a collapsed lung, a broken collarbone, and a broken scapula. To add onto that, someone messed up during my 2nd surgery and put a vesopressin of some kind into my arm instead of the vein where it belongs. Killed my arm, ended up getting a skin graft. Also had median nerve damage from that, so even now my hand isn't very functional. I had a 4th surgery 2 weeks ago which fixed it, now time will prevail.

My collapsed lung had 2 chest tubes to drain fluid. So I had 3 tubes coming out of me at once. One for my chest (then a 2nd one), and 2 for my liver. And a 5th for my skin graft (wound vac). I was awake for the 2nd one, and it was literally the worst pain ever. I've broken a lot of bones, and they're like mild sprains compared to it. Just Google chest tube insertion. I was in the hospital for a month, and also suffered from multiple DVTs (deep vein thrombosis) which are blood clots. I have to take blood thinners for those.

I'd say I'm done riding :)
Damn dude, hope you're doing ok now, that sounds like an awful hard thing to go through
Jayaym # 119
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Jayaym # 119 »

This isnt my worst crash not me. I work at a race track and i see the woorst crashes out their.Yesterday this was a track rental at hurricane hills and i was working.Bout around 1ish. ive seen a rider keep lifting his left hand like it was numb(older male)and a minute later i see the flagger waving and the rider is down with his helmet spon around backwards. people say he had a heartattack. paramedics came he wasmt breathing and he was rushed to cmc hospital. Unfortunately he did make it. AT least you can say he went doing what he loves with all of his friends. RIP
7-26-14
LOGANYZ125

Post by LOGANYZ125 »

[quote="Jayaym # 119"] Unfortunately he did make it. [/quote]
wuuut
JT43 wrote:"Y'all cowards don't even smoke crack..."
Jayaym # 119
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Jayaym # 119 »

LOGANYZ125 wrote:[quote="Jayaym # 119"] Unfortunately he did make it.
[/size][/b] wuuut[/quote] He passed away
tacomcdolphin

Post by tacomcdolphin »

In my first B race in 2011, we were double gated with C and last lap i was in a battle for 3rd and we were in some lappers, theres a 100+ ft table to single me and the guy i was battling took the left side and one of the lappers decided to go from far right to the left. I drifted to avoid canarding him and landed off the track in the softness on the side of the jump and went over the bars straight to flat(on my head) I broke my left collarbone, dislocated right shoulder, broke both ankles, and then the worst part was compressed vertabrae, lacerated kidney, internal bleeding and my 6th concussion. I was ko'd for about 15 minutes. Last race ive ever done and kind of havent ever gone for big shit since. theres a picture im looking for of it but i cant find it.
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

Jayaym # 119 wrote:
LOGANYZ125 wrote:[quote="Jayaym # 119"] Unfortunately he did make it.
[/size][/b] wuuut
He passed away[/quote]

So in other words he DIDN'T make it
Nick Pleshek #132
KTM57 wrote:Brady's just mad because his mom is a planet and she regularly gets annihilated.
i7 3770k | XFX R9 290 Black Edition | Mushkin 8gb 2133 | Corsair C70 Military Green
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

i got landed on today, got a scratch on my arm. Bitches love that shit.
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

Ripped my ballzack due to the gas cap once.
tacomcdolphin

Post by tacomcdolphin »

Stormz wrote:Ripped my ballzack due to the gas cap once.

oooooooh rip stormz balls