Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by SMR 510RR »

Puma's build is what I would recommend also as a budget build. It has good quality stuff but would also be easy to upgrade down the line. His build includes windows so that is $100 right there so the actual build is more like $550. I don't think you are going to be able to do it much cheaper without skimping on performance.

Good to see the G3258 get into one of your lists Puma. That is a cool little chip and can easily be upgraded all the way up to a 4790k if someone wanted/needed to.
Jlillywhite23
Team: 42 Motorsports

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

Pumaxcs wrote:Processor speed, or frequency, has very little to do with actual performance of a CPU.

Motherboard is just features that tie everything in your build together. If you know what you want out of your PC then getting the MB you want is a lot easier. The CPU is what has the integrated graphics, hence the name integrated.

Graphics Card, yes you need one. Once again though, you looking at frequency isn't going to help. The amount of cores and VRAM is what helps the most.

RAM, what vague questions. It depends on your usage and needs. I think for light gaming on small system 4GB is fine but with the price difference 8GB is reasonable. Frequency has little effect over gaming.

Memory? I take it you meant hard drive, which once again depends on your uses of it. I used 500GB with my first PC but 1TB is easily affordable.

For Power it should be as much as you need. You will want a minimum of ~+10% of what you system draws as you never want your PC to have 100% power draw at any time or long periods of time and this isn't the place to cut cost on.

Did you even look at my post? If you don't want what I put then that's fine don't get it but everything I just said could have been found out from my list. Looking at what I put, comparing like things and you'd get an idea on how I came to my conclusion.
I did see your post, I just wanted to be able to shop for my own parts. Just the feeling of knowing that this is 100% my decision when I press "ORDER". I definitely will use some of your ideas (graphics card, power supply) in my build, but I want to look around and find a setup that suits my kind of style.

Thanks!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

SMR 510RR wrote:Puma's build is what I would recommend also as a budget build. It has good quality stuff but would also be easy to upgrade down the line. His build includes windows so that is $100 right there so the actual build is more like $550. I don't think you are going to be able to do it much cheaper without skimping on performance.

Good to see the G3258 get into one of your lists Puma. That is a cool little chip and can easily be upgraded all the way up to a 4790k if someone wanted/needed to.
Yeah its a great socket platform and the benchmarks I've seen for overclocking are incredible.

If you want to build your own PC then that is perfectly fine but I thought I knew what I was doing when I pieced my first PC together and I sold my first PC because there was so much I didn't like or did wrong that I wanted a fresh start simply because it would take more money to fix what I did rather than build again with new knowledge. So, even though you may want your own twist on things I would atleast post what you have put together and get our opinions on them.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Jlillywhite23

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

Pumaxcs wrote: If you want to build your own PC then that is perfectly fine but I thought I knew what I was doing when I pieced my first PC together and I sold my first PC because there was so much I didn't like or did wrong that I wanted a fresh start simply because it would take more money to fix what I did rather than build again with new knowledge. So, even though you may want your own twist on things I would atleast post what you have put together and get our opinions on them.
I'll do that. I gotta start listening to people. If I want to build a PC for $400-$500, what shoul I spend most the money on? I am going to exclude the moniter, keyboard, mouse, and OS. I will put together a parts list and ask for you recommendations.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

SMR 510RR wrote:Puma's build is what I would recommend also as a budget build. It has good quality stuff but would also be easy to upgrade down the line. His build includes windows so that is $100 right there so the actual build is more like $550. I don't think you are going to be able to do it much cheaper without skimping on performance.

Yeah price for performance it is the best CPU out right now. It will be interesting to see how Haswell-E pans out but that 5820k is looking like it may be a good bargain for a productivity/gaming build. I think I will be going to a full loop soon, getting tired of my H105 running at 1200 RPM to keep temps reasonable on my 4790k.

Jlily that build that Puma posted is the way to go.
Jlillywhite23

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

I put this together but it's only $311. If this will run everything, then yay, but if not, what else should I upgrade. I'm klutz looking to spend about another $80-$100 if I need to. If I don't, I'll put that twords an OS
Jlillywhite23

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

I put this together but it's only $311. If this will run everything, then yay, but if not, what else should I upgrade. I'm klutz looking to spend about another $80-$100 if I need to. If I don't, I'll put that twords an OS

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WWdbyc
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

GT cards aren't for gaming. They are for small PC that need help getting more monitors to run on it.

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

GTX 750 TI is the best card for the money of anything IMO. It performs great for very little money.

Jlilly, I understand trying to make it your own. I would think picking out a case (although the source 210 is such a great case at $30) and the manufacture of the Graphics Card (EVGA, MSI, etc.) allows come customization without ending up with something that does not work as well as it could have. Also, building it yourself will make it feel like your own even if Puma did pick the parts. The icing on the cake is cable management, you can take your time and make it look pretty and it feels great once you close the case and see only a few wires.
Jlillywhite23

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

Pumaxcs wrote:GT cards aren't for gaming. They are for small PC that need help getting more monitors to run on it.

Which card would you recommend for less than $100?
LOGANYZ125

Post by LOGANYZ125 »

I have the 750TI and couldn't be happier with it Deff recommend it
JT43 wrote:"Y'all cowards don't even smoke crack..."
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

R7 250x gets the nod from Toms Hardware this month @ $100 price point. Performance is quite poor IMO but that is what you get for $100.

Direct comparision vs the 750 ti
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R7-260X- ... GTX-750-Ti
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You'd be better off buying a pricier processor and using integrated graphics until you're able to invest in a more expensive GPU later. Resale value, yo.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
rf36

Post by rf36 »

Would love some feedback on this build, since i might order it soon:

Case: Coolermaster CM 690 III (windowed)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K
GPU: Asus R9 280X
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
HDD: WD Black 1TB
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo Basic (250 GB)
MOBO: Asus Z97- C
PSU: Corsair CX750M

CPU Cooler: Be quiet Dark Rock 3
                    • [list][list][list][list][list][list]i5 4690K, Gigabyte GTX 970, CM690III
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I have no other opinions for that. I'm not a fan of Coolermaster cases because the seem plasticy but cases are personal preference so if you like it then run it. Everything else seems like a fine choice that will work well, for nice looking air coolers I do like Be Quiet's stuff. An i5 with a 280X is a perfect high class middle of the road choice. What cooler are you getting on the 280? I'd recommend doing anything but that stock cooler.
MXS Cares