MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by On The Pipe »

It bothers me how KTM routes the throttle cables. Looks so ghetto at least try to hide them more!
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

Prices vary from state to state. I talked to Triangle, Brewer Cycles, and others and I got an offer of $8500. My 2013 Slowzuki was $7300. So to get a KTM for $150 more is definitely a steal. The quality of everything is so much nicer than on any Japanese bike I've ever ridden. The clutch feels great, brakes are insanely good, suspension is great right out of the box, handling is incredibly good even with the stock suspension, electric start is worth more than you can imagine (especially since I weigh 0lbs), the gear change is so smooth it's insane, every little thing on the bike is there to make it either go faster or be more durable. If you put the KTM next to the Suzuki, the Suzuki looks ancient. The swingarm is boxy, plastics ugly, even the levers look old. Even though the KTM is heavier than the Suz it feels way lighter. Not only on the track but just putting it on the stand. All around it's a better bike than anything I've ridden. Are they expensive? They sure are, but you definitely get what you pay for. No doubt about it.

Be jealous.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

Rather buy a plane.
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
m121c

Post by m121c »

Robert196 wrote:Prices vary from state to state. I talked to Triangle, Brewer Cycles, and others and I got an offer of $8500. My 2013 Slowzuki was $7300. So to get a KTM for $150 more is definitely a steal. The quality of everything is so much nicer than on any Japanese bike I've ever ridden. The clutch feels great, brakes are insanely good, suspension is great right out of the box, handling is incredibly good even with the stock suspension, electric start is worth more than you can imagine (especially since I weigh 0lbs), the gear change is so smooth it's insane, every little thing on the bike is there to make it either go faster or be more durable. If you put the KTM next to the Suzuki, the Suzuki looks ancient. The swingarm is boxy, plastics ugly, even the levers look old. Even though the KTM is heavier than the Suz it feels way lighter. Not only on the track but just putting it on the stand. All around it's a better bike than anything I've ridden. Are they expensive? They sure are, but you definitely get what you pay for. No doubt about it.

Be jealous.
If you are buying bikes for that price you are a fool no matter the brand. You can get a brand new '14 Suzuki for $5,600 WITH the parts package, and the local dealer buy me starting price on the '15 Yamaha's is $6,900. Sure you might have to travel a state or two over but is it worth the extra $100 in fuel to save $1,000 or more on a bike, to me I would think so. Good to see you are happy with your purchase though, I know with my KTM's I wasn't but I had the '11 which was their bad year.

Once I sell my Suzuki's I think I'm going to go with Yamaha.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Be jealous... of a new KTM?

Oh, how droll. Wait until the placebo effect wears off and then give us another review.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I am a pretty big KTM fan, but you lost me when you went on about the RMZ levers and swingarm looking old.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

You must not of ever ridden a nice Japanese bike. It's kind of funny that you do think that the suspension is great stock. For everyone I've talked to, and my own experience the stock white power suspension is horrible. The suspension is a major drawback for the KTM. I also, don't agree with the steel frame. It gives the bike a very rigid feel when you start to push on it. Also, on the whole Suzuki thing, you do know that they have done very little updates to the bike since 2008. The bike IS ancient. That being said, it was still one of my favorite 2014's I have ridden. Especially with the prices being so low on the bike, it isn't a horrible idea to get one.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Robert dont be so european you american. (I agree with you though)
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

#getwrektrobert
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

frederick wrote:Robert dont be so european you american. (I agree with you though)
:D
Jeremy150 wrote:It's kind of funny that you do think that the suspension is great stock.
It's good for STOCK suspension IMO. I get my suspension done by my local guy, so luckily I don't usually ride with it stock.
KTM57 wrote:I am a pretty big KTM fan, but you lost me when you went on about the RMZ levers and swingarm looking old.
I'll upload a picture when I get them both cleaned up.
Pumaxcs wrote:Oh, how droll. Wait until the placebo effect wears off and then give us another review.
I've ridden KTM's for 11 years and I've loved every single one. Dont think it will change with this.
m121c wrote:If you are buying bikes for that price you are a fool no matter the brand. You can get a brand new '14 Suzuki for $5,600 WITH the parts package, and the local dealer buy me starting price on the '15 Yamaha's is $6,900. Sure you might have to travel a state or two over but is it worth the extra $100 in fuel to save $1,000 or more on a bike, to me I would think so.
I was stuck between the YZ and the KTM but I went with KTM due to being used to the steel frame and electric start. The 'finished' price of my new bike was 7450, so that for a KTM (which are known as being expensive bikes) is a pretty good deal considering MSRP is $8,000.

I've been on KTM's since I was 5 years old. You could say im bias, because I am. My Suzuki had more problems than all of my KTM's combined. Forget about the price, call any dealer in the Southeast and see what you can get for a 2015 KTM right now. I can almost guarantee you it will be more than 7400. I dont care about the other brands, dont care what you like, dont care whats "faster", dont care how much cheaper you bought a bike for in the middle of nowhere, dont care what the pros ride, I'm just telling you what I think of the 2015 KTM 250sxf based off of my 13 years of riding. Go ride one yourself and then post about it. Can't review a product that you've never touched.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Which bike won the most titles this year? Just sayin
JT43
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JT43 »

You could have bought a nice boat for that money and you chose a motorcycle death trap?
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Jeremy150 wrote:You must not of ever ridden a nice Japanese bike. It's kind of funny that you do think that the suspension is great stock. For everyone I've talked to, and my own experience the stock white power suspension is horrible. The suspension is a major drawback for the KTM. I also, don't agree with the steel frame. It gives the bike a very rigid feel when you start to push on it. Also, on the whole Suzuki thing, you do know that they have done very little updates to the bike since 2008. The bike IS ancient. That being said, it was still one of my favorite 2014's I have ridden. Especially with the prices being so low on the bike, it isn't a horrible idea to get one.
The Suzuki was all new in 2010, since then yes there have only been revisions.
JT43
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JT43 »

It's really annoying that the prices for bikes is much lower in the US. A brand new bike in the US - $7000. A brand new bike on the UK -£7000...
Yet £1 is 0.6 dollars.
Dumont#11
Team: Privateer

Post by Dumont#11 »

JT43 wrote:It's really annoying that the prices for bikes is much lower in the US. A brand new bike in the US - $7000. A brand new bike on the UK -£7000...
Yet £1 is 0.6 dollars.
KTM SXF 250 2015 - 6,649.00 GBP or 9,500.00 USD and 6,649.00 GBP converts to 10792.225 USD
Thats not 100% accurate as the KTM site doesnt show the price in USD so I used a shop selling the bike new!
New Track Releases:
Dumont's Compound (To come.. Much better than my old tracks.)