Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
KTM57

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by KTM57 »

DBRider251 wrote:Just get this random HTPC
You're joking, right? You're joking.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
HESH838

Post by HESH838 »

just got done finishing up my watercooling loop today, got a couple pictures before the i put the psu and panels back on, crappy image quality but looks a lot better in person!
need a new motherboard as this is outdated to hell, but it still holds a nice steady overclock of 4.6ghz on my 2500k, will probably wait for intel skylake/broadwell to come out and just get a new motherboard and processor when they come out! rest of the specs currently for anyone who's interested :- phanteks luxe case (such an epic case) gtx 770, 8gb corsair ram, superflower 750w psu, 128gb ssd, 500gb hdd, ek xres 250 with d5 pump, mostly all e.k compression fittings, 2 x hardware labs blackice 240mm radiators all running corsair sp120 fans!

such a nice build i'm so pleased with it, its taken me a long time to get it to this stage, its silent, i've got all the fans hooked up to a front panel fan controller and they are always running on the lowest rpm possible it never needs any more than that even at full load! its fast aswell, runs absolutely any game at the highest settings with no framerate issues, infact in some games it runs way too many frames per second so i have to limit that in some games! temperatures are very impressive, idle - cpu 25C, GPU 24C, full load - cpu 47C, gpu 39C! cant believe how low my gpu temps were after fitting the waterblock in comparison to air cooling!

my 'stats' http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/1098/ even though only about half of them are "fast laps"

Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Looks really good. How much did you spend on fittings? How often do you plan on cleaning it out? Can't wait to start piecing mine together, I've wanted to be in the custom loop club for awhile now.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

KTM57 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:Just get this random HTPC
You're joking, right? You're joking.
Sorry guys, forgot I'm a complete dumbass.

He's said he doesn't want to spend a lot on a computer before, and that would run Sim. I'm just referring to Austin Evans' Gaming on Kaveri video. There is no way in hell that this wouldn't run if my shitty ass laptop runs it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Jlillywhite23
Team: 42 Motorsports

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

I'm sorry. I am not looking to buy a prebuilt computer, and I do not want to build my own. I have a friend that has this computer that he has NEVER used before.

It has an AMD A8 Quad Core Processor
4GB Ram

Would it run sim? Just asking if it would. I'm not looking for any links. Just looking for a yes or no.

Thanks.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Jlillywhite23 wrote:I'm sorry. I am not looking to buy a prebuilt computer, and I do not want to build my own. I have a friend that has this computer that he has NEVER used before.

4GB Ram

Would it run sim? Just asking if it would. I'm not looking for any links. Just looking for a yes or no.

Thanks.
Almost anything will run sim, its just how well. Unfortunately that is a very subjective thing and different people have different needs and expect different things. Probably the best way we can help you is to tell you if we think it is a good deal or not based on what components it has and what he wants for it.

So what components does it have? I assume he built it since you don't want a prebuilt? And how much does he want for it?
Jlillywhite23

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

SMR 510RR wrote:
Jlillywhite23 wrote:I'm sorry. I am not looking to buy a prebuilt computer, and I do not want to build my own. I have a friend that has this computer that he has NEVER used before.

4GB Ram

Thanks.
Almost anything will run sim, its just how well. Unfortunately that is a very subjective thing and different people have different needs and expect different things. Probably the best way we can help you is to tell you if we think it is a good deal or not based on what components it has and what he wants for it.

So what components does it have? I assume he built it since you don't want a prebuilt? And how much does he want for it?
He is selling it to me for $350. He doesn't know what other components it has. His dad built it for last years Xmas and he passed last month so he can't tell me.
Jlillywhite23

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

SMR 510RR wrote:

4GB Ram

Thanks.

He is selling it to me for $350. He doesn't know what other components it has. His dad built it for last years Xmas and he passed last month so he can't tell me. I don't need 100% perfect graphics. I'm looking for about decent graphics.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

That's tough. It's really hard to judge when that's all you know about it. Does your friend have it up and running so he could poke around and figure out what hardware it's got, or is it just sitting around?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

A last year A8 with Windows OS for that price is already looking good. Its a complete package? Plug it in and it will boot and run everything as its supposed to?

I think an APU will run this game, you may want to get better RAM because even fast 4GB isn't a whole lot, depending on PSU and HDD I'd say its a good buy.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Jlillywhite23

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

Pumaxcs wrote:A last year A8 with Windows OS for that price is already looking good. Its a complete package? Plug it in and it will boot and run everything as its supposed to?

I think an APU will run this game, you may want to get better RAM because even fast 4GB isn't a whole lot, depending on PSU and HDD I'd say its a good buy.
Awesome! Thanks.
joey_2-fitty

Post by joey_2-fitty »

just recently purchased a new computer, dont know much about them, just wondering if you guys think it was a good buy, accer aspire with amd a-10, it was a prebuilt and i know i still need to get a gpu, not now though, btw i paid 430 for it, i dont need a gpu right right now becuase i am running these settings http://gyazo.com/61f08d2cd6a2125c21d88676bb090477 with 100+ fps on most tracks
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Two things. Acer Aspire is a laptop model meaning that you can't add anything to it because laptops aren't modular. They have ports on the bottom for you to change out a HDD and RAM but there is nothing you can change on it without voiding the warranty. Secondly, an A10 is a CPU and GPU in the same chip so you do techincally have a GPU just a very cheap and low power consumption version of one. If it does what you needed it to do then its a good value.
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Pumaxcs wrote:Two things. Acer Aspire is a laptop model meaning that you can't add anything to it because laptops aren't modular. They have ports on the bottom for you to change out a HDD and RAM but there is nothing you can change on it without voiding the warranty. Secondly, an A10 is a CPU and GPU in the same chip so you do techincally have a GPU just a very cheap and low power consumption version of one. If it does what you needed it to do then its a good value.
Reading that back it sounds like I was talking down to you. That wasn't the case, just trying to inform.
MXS Cares
joey_2-fitty

Post by joey_2-fitty »

Pumaxcs wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:Two things. Acer Aspire is a laptop model meaning that you can't add anything to it because laptops aren't modular. They have ports on the bottom for you to change out a HDD and RAM but there is nothing you can change on it without voiding the warranty. Secondly, an A10 is a CPU and GPU in the same chip so you do techincally have a GPU just a very cheap and low power consumption version of one. If it does what you needed it to do then its a good value.
Reading that back it sounds like I was talking down to you. That wasn't the case, just trying to inform.
im sorry its an aspire T, it is a desktop not a laptop