2015 AMA Outdoor Nationals Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: 2015 AMA Outdoor Nationals Discussion

Post by Pumaxcs »

What I learned from yesterday is that Dungey still can't win unless everyone crashes. GG Dungey fans.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Looks like that KTM was superior as far as suspension setup and front tire durability to me.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Pumaxcs wrote:What I learned from yesterday is that Dungey still can't win unless everyone crashes. GG Dungey fans.
I'm no Dungey fan by any means, but you have to admit he's just smarter than the other guys. They go out and go fast as fuck and wad themselves. He knows his limits, stays within them, and goes right by while they're on the ground. And it's been proven to work time and time again. I hate that it does, but it's just a fact.

I can't decide if I'm happier that Tomac crashed out or more angry that Dungey is looking more and more like he may take the 'ship. I don't like either of them.
That guy on the two stroke
Anchor_b
Team: Splitfire

Post by Anchor_b »

I think it's sort of troubeling Dungey mentally at times when everyone just reffers to him as "The diesel" or "Mr. Consistensy". I don't think he want's to be known as the guy who got championships by other riders unluckyness/mistakes/injuries and stuff, but who knows.

I respect Dungey for what he is doing, but the fact is that he has actually been "handed" SX this year and I don't know what MX will bring but who knows.

2010 SX - Villopoto Crashed out. Dungey had a pretty solid points gap I've been told tho, so I guess he could have won that anyways.
2011 SX and MX - RV
2012 SX went to RV and in MX RV was out - Dungey won
2013 SX and MX - RV
2014 SX went to RV and MX to Roczen.
2015 - probs gonna win it by "luck" again.

But yeah I agree with Puma and a few % with Ih8Hondas.
Barely25
Team: Flowtech Racing

Post by Barely25 »

Lol to the dungey haters. People don't get it that part of being good and racing for championships is being there no matter what. I will admit that in a once race setting, he probably won't win the race against a villopoto or tomac. Here's how Ryan Dungey looks at the "series." There is one goal to the teams and it is the championship. Its not who won this race and who won that race, its the championship at the end of the year. So in one race, so what he's not the fastest but if his name is on the trophy at the end of the year, he's not going to care what anyone thinks because he is going to be swimming in the championship bonuses and getting ready to do it again because he isn't hurt. And people cant say he "lucked" into the supercross championship. Think about it...He got his first win at round 5. Who was at round 5? Roczen, Tomac, Canard, Barcia, Bagget, Seely, Millsaps, Reed, Grant, Short, Anderson. By then he already had the points lead which is what the teams care about. Roczen didn't stop riding untill rd 8. He was way back in the points by that point. Tomac was there all year but only won 4 times. Dungey won 8 times. He didn't luck into anything people. He sets a bar and when people try to go above that bar most of the time they crash out trying to beat him. Villopoto did it multiple times because he's a beast and nobody is going to deny that. Roczen did it outdoors last year but almost lost it with his late season slum but the mud race saved him. Stop denying the guy the credit he deserves. At the end of the day, he's still one of the greats in the sport and nobody can deny that because championships speak for themselves.
Anchor_b

Post by Anchor_b »

Barely25 wrote: And people cant say he "lucked" into the supercross championship. Think about it...He got his first win at round 5. Who was at round 5? Roczen, Tomac, Canard, Barcia, Bagget, Seely, Millsaps, Reed, Grant, Short, Anderson. By then he already had the points lead which is what the teams care about. Roczen didn't stop riding untill rd 8..
So tell me who was the championship leader after 4 rounds? And didn't that championship leader get hurt? I'm not a "Dungey hater" by any means and he deserves credit, no doubt. But there is something in that Dungey hasen't won 1 championship with all riders healthy trough all rounds, either SX or MX.

Sorry.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Lol to the Dungey defenders.

We are not a race team, we are motocross fans. That basically cancels out 90% of your arguments, we don't want to see someone go just fast enough to get on the podium every round and win a championship because of other riders bad luck. Yea, bad luck. What happened to Tomac yesterday was just bad luck. He hit a bump wrong on a track he had ridden at race pace for 40+ minutes already that day, it was just a bad bounce.

If you really thing that Dungey doesn't or won't have in the back of his mind that most if not all of his championships were built on the back of other riders misfortune you are mistaken. There have been times when he has beat guys straight up but they have been few and far between. If Tomac can't ride the rest of the series Dungey will be the guy who won the Championship even though he got 2nd 1:30 behind Tomac at Round 1.

Now, I will say that Dungey has really improved his desire to win in the last 12 months. He has shown some aggression and even desperation but still he will always be the timid one in any battle.

I have more respect and get more enjoyment watching guys like Tomac ride, he rides the last lap just as hard as the first lap and doesn't slow down even if he is a minute or more ahead of 2nd place. He wants to win, he is fun to watch, and he doesn't try to get me to go to church with him every time he gives a podium speech (there are people worse than Dungey at the last one).
Barely25

Post by Barely25 »

Anchor_b wrote:
Barely25 wrote: And people cant say he "lucked" into the supercross championship. Think about it...He got his first win at round 5. Who was at round 5? Roczen, Tomac, Canard, Barcia, Bagget, Seely, Millsaps, Reed, Grant, Short, Anderson. By then he already had the points lead which is what the teams care about. Roczen didn't stop riding untill rd 8..
So tell me who was the championship leader after 4 rounds? And didn't that championship leader get hurt? I'm not a "Dungey hater" by any means and he deserves credit, no doubt. But there is something in that Dungey hasen't won 1 championship with all riders healthy trough all rounds, either SX or MX.

Sorry.
Show me a championship Villopoto won where EVERYONE stayed healthy. Or any season for that matter. It doesn't happen. Its part of the game.
SMR 510RR wrote:Lol to the Dungey defenders.

We are not a race team, we are motocross fans. That basically cancels out 90% of your arguments, we don't want to see someone go just fast enough to get on the podium every round and win a championship because of other riders bad luck. Yea, bad luck. What happened to Tomac yesterday was just bad luck. He hit a bump wrong on a track he had ridden at race pace for 40+ minutes already that day, it was just a bad bounce.

If you really thing that Dungey doesn't or won't have in the back of his mind that most if not all of his championships were built on the back of other riders misfortune you are mistaken. There have been times when he has beat guys straight up but they have been few and far between. If Tomac can't ride the rest of the series Dungey will be the guy who won the Championship even though he got 2nd 1:30 behind Tomac at Round 1.

Now, I will say that Dungey has really improved his desire to win in the last 12 months. He has shown some aggression and even desperation but still he will always be the timid one in any battle.

I have more respect and get more enjoyment watching guys like Tomac ride, he rides the last lap just as hard as the first lap and doesn't slow down even if he is a minute or more ahead of 2nd place. He wants to win, he is fun to watch, and he doesn't try to get me to go to church with him every time he gives a podium speech (there are people worse than Dungey at the last one).
Well its their JOB to win championships, not ride their bike and crash while they are getting paid millions of dollars. And ya, tomac beat dungey by 1:30 but dungey was stil 45 seconds ahead of everyone else.
Barely25

Post by Barely25 »

Anchor_b wrote:

Sorry.
DP
And after 4 rounds Dungey was your points leader :lol:
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Barely25 wrote:Lol to the dungey haters. People don't get it that part of being good and racing for championships is being there no matter what.
I'm a Dungey hater, but I don't understand why people think he got his championships handed to him. He still went out there and raced. The other guys got hurt and didn't. How do you expect to win anything when you're hurt and can't ride. You have to be there if you want to win. Dungey rides smart and stays in it, and what do you know? He wins it.

Yeah. The way he goes about it boring as fuck, but he earns it by doing what they pay him to do, which is be there every week and finish well, which will lead to championships and big bonuses at the end of the season.
That guy on the two stroke
Anchor_b

Post by Anchor_b »

Barely25 wrote:Show me a championship Villopoto won where EVERYONE stayed healthy. Or any season for that matter. It doesn't happen. Its part of the game.
You want me to name up championships that Villopoto won while his biggest rivals were healthy? Sure I can do numerous. But really, you are really trying to bring it over on Villopoto that he got his championships "handed" to him or something? That's the dumbest thing you will ever try to do and you'll never succeed.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

If someone's unable to stay healthy for an entire season, they certainly don't deserve to be a champion.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Barely25

Post by Barely25 »

Anchor_b wrote:You want me to name up championships that Villopoto won while his biggest rivals were healthy? Sure I can do numerous. But really, you are really trying to bring it over on Villopoto that he got his championships "handed" to him or something? That's the dumbest thing you will ever try to do and you'll never succeed.
Thats not the point. Not all of villopotos biggest rivals were healthy all the time in every championship like you are claiming dungys are not. I'm not denying villopoto of anything because i will pick him to win a championship over anyone all day long even though dungey is my favorite rider. To say all of dungeys biggest rivals were not healthy every time is B.S. Tomac raced every supercross race this year and it was him and roczen who were the title favorites and both of them lost. People are shallow to think he is not a true champion.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

Goddamnit Tomac... Dungey got granted the pointslead again..

I hope Tomac can rebound from this and kick some ass again... He really deserves to win the Championship, not Dungey.
JakeT3

Post by JakeT3 »

How do you "luck" into a championship? You still have to beat 39 other guys that race each race. :roll: