2016 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
scheeve3

Re: 2016 SX Discussion

Post by scheeve3 »

Checkerz, back out of it. I know how it is to have a rider you work with being involved in a mini war. But you know Vince differently than we do, just as I know riders differently than others do, and that affects your judgement. No matter how hard you try not to, it always will.

My view on the entire 'thing' that happened is that Peick got frustrated by the 2 take-outs. Even though the first one was just something that happens in supercross. Especially if you have 3 guys entering a flat 90° turn after a whoop section at the same time. Peick should have known Friese would have gone wide, especially since also Reed was there. But never the less, it got into Peick's head.
The second take out deserves a $4000 fine and a probation. That's the same penalty Alessi got after taking out Tickle. And if it would have looked more spectacular and if Peick whiskey throttled it, then I think Friese would have got that. Because you can see that Peick already takes a defensive line and that when Friese goes into the turn he's just not in the right position to do anything but follow, but instead he straight T-bones Peick. Peick had no other options, none at all, all he could do was lean into it at the last split second and hope Friese somehow got his bike turned 180°. But Friese should have known he wasn't in a passing position and him being a professional he should have been fined/penalized for such bad judgement.

And I even thing Friese either released his brakes or gave a little extra throttle when Peick was at his highest point. It's hard to see on a screen, but still, I think I see a speed difference.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Anchor_b
Team: Splitfire

Post by Anchor_b »

scheeve3 wrote:Checkerz, back out of it. I know how it is to have a rider you work with being involved in a mini war. But you know Vince differently than we do, just as I know riders differently than others do, and that affects your judgement. No matter how hard you try not to, it always will.

My view on the entire 'thing' that happened is that Peick got frustrated by the 2 take-outs. Even though the first one was just something that happens in supercross. Especially if you have 3 guys entering a flat 90° turn after a whoop section at the same time. Peick should have known Friese would have gone wide, especially since also Reed was there. But never the less, it got into Peick's head.
The second take out deserves a $4000 fine and a probation. That's the same penalty Alessi got after taking out Tickle. And if it would have looked more spectacular and if Peick whiskey throttled it, then I think Friese would have got that. Because you can see that Peick already takes a defensive line and that when Friese goes into the turn he's just not in the right position to do anything but follow, but instead he straight T-bones Peick. Peick had no other options, none at all, all he could do was lean into it at the last split second and hope Friese somehow got his bike turned 180°. But Friese should have known he wasn't in a passing position and him being a professional he should have been fined/penalized for such bad judgement.

And I even thing Friese either released his brakes or gave a little extra throttle when Peick was at his highest point. It's hard to see on a screen, but still, I think I see a speed difference.
I usually disagree with nearly everything you say but I think you are pretty on spot here. I don't even understand how MCR can still be going.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I don't think the fact that I work with Friese is what is clouding my judgement. I think I have a different view on slamming other riders that most here that is making the disagreement. Working with him does frustrate the hell out of me when I hear (some) guys making ridiculous statements like the heat race being his fault.

I agree with everything you said in your post Scheeve except the part that he should be fined and that it was as bad as Alessi ghosting his bike at Tickle. (Which even I agree was way over the line)
The semi incident was right on the line between okay and dirty, but on the dirty shade of the line.

Not sure if I said the exact words, but I bounced around at it at the least that Vince wasn't over the line with his pass on Peick. It was a dumb move that is fair to be considered dirty. I was w-w-w-wrong if (when) I said it wasn't.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

checkerz wrote:Alessi ghosting his bike at Tickle. (Which even I agree was way over the line)
Even I don't think Alessi meant for that outcome. Come to think of it, I don't think many riders want that kind of outcome, so there.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

frederick wrote:
@0:36sec
Here's Vince (3rd place) deciding not to jump the triple. Turning left before the face to stop anyone else from jumping. Unfortunately the dude behind him didnt expect Vince to wobble back to the right again wich meant he got landed on.
Either you're joking or incompetent.

He jumped to the inside edge of the track, the last place someone jumping behind him should go. He literally did the safest thing he could in that circumstance.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

That's kinda what I was thinking. Also, it doesn't look like he moved to the left to keep everyone else from jumping the triple at all, considering everyone behind him jumped it. It looks like he lost traction, slid a bit, and was forced to double rather than triple
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Here two other videos of the same inceident.
50s

1:15s
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Military Appreciation night is normally on San Diego but since there is 2 rounds of it this year, I'm assuming it will be on the second round of San Diego
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Phathry25 wrote:
frederick wrote:[youtube]XpwynDBy0f8[youtube]
@0:36sec
Here's Vince (3rd place) deciding not to jump the triple. Turning left before the face to stop anyone else from jumping. Unfortunately the dude behind him didnt expect Vince to wobble back to the right again wich meant he got landed on.
Either you're joking or incompetent.

He jumped to the inside edge of the track, the last place someone jumping behind him should go. He literally did the safest thing he could in that circumstance.
I just thought it looked as stupid as the arlington incident. Mabye its just because I dont like him.
JMcdonell94
Team: Effertz Racing

Post by JMcdonell94 »

JMcdonell94
Team: Effertz Racing

Post by JMcdonell94 »

Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Well after watching that it seems safe to say that Kellen is wrong.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Rumor has it that might be adding an extra lane to San Diego.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Oh Stewart's clear to race tomorrow, too!

http://m.vitalmx.com/news/press-release ... ROSS,19741

Hope he keeps it on two wheels. Kinda sketchy racing so soon after a concussion.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

aeffertz wrote:Rumor has it that might be adding an extra lane to San Diego.
false.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th