Dirt: Rally, MXS League.

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Re: Dirt: Rally, MXS League.

Post by vmaki »

How about a single event hillclimb before the next rally?
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

yeah, maybe. but you wouldn't be able to setup the car. that's one of the bugs in the system right now. and not being able to setup the car is a bigger problem in hillclimb than in rally in my opinion.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Big update coming april 5th..

steam has a patch planned for about 30 minutes from now. So I guess i'll be creating the new season tonight.
I'll have to practice a bit in the next few days, if I want to be competitive again.

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

New season is up. some FWD action.

everyone has the same cars and engineers. so no career advantage.
car setups are available again. (bugs were fixed as far as I know)

Season 4:
  • Car class: F2 Kit Car
    6 events.
    8 stages per event.
    Service every 2 stages

Start: today, feb 2nd.
    6 weeks, 1 event per week.
    each event lasts from monday through sunday.

---

MXS Cares
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Well, this certainly reminded me of why I will never own a FWD car. Ever.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

fuaark i forgot i had to finish th stages!! i have to sprint it tonight i dont want to lose :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

these cars are pretty fun to drive though.. you really have to throw them around to negate the massive amounts of understeer :lol:

---

MXS Cares
vmaki

Post by vmaki »

Oh those spectators and that automatic +15 seconds.. I scraped a person on stage 3, got a flat on stage 4 and a flat on stage 5 sent me flying to the stands :D That car is impossible to handle with a rear puncture!
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I've always flogged a FWD as if it were an AWD. Except for powering out of turns. :lol:
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

if you puncture one rear tire, just try to puncture the other side as well. all you're doing is dragging those rear wheels behind you anyway. if you have 1 rear tire the car is imbalanced.. once you have 2 rear flats it's balanced again :P granted a bit slower, but arguably more controllable.

I find that going on the throttle later is better coming out of tighter turns.. the problem with going on the power in the middle of turns is that it instantly creates a ton of understeer. when you grab a handful of handbrake going into the turn just wait until it's about to catch grip again and clutch kick the car out of the corner. I'm sure there is a better way but it's a semi-successful technique especially on gravel stages where front end grip is everything.
Just make sure you're sideways enough to begin with. grabbing more handbrake in the middle of a turn can help turn the car when you're not sideways enough.

tips from a guy that just throws shit at the wall and hopes something sticks. FWD is fairly alien to me.

---

MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

I use left-foot braking all the way into the apex and dab the handbrake if needed. You can stay on-throttle way more than you tell yourself you can. lol
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

i am currently first now but i dont think i drove that good...seems like i can never get the right breaking time... i either break too soon and loose momentum or too late and hit the crowd .....
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

man, I really fucked up some of the stages.
I'll tell you, rain at night with no lights, kinda terrible.

still 2 more stages to go but my car is wrecked... have to spend all my time repairing the radiator and even then i only get it up to 60% :?

---

MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

One of my worst ever without rage-quitting, lol. I had fun though. Those F2 kit cars are pretty nimble. I kept getting my front end high-centered on the abrupt shoulder and had to reset a bunch of times so I'm tens of minutes back.
vmaki

Post by vmaki »

Well that went pretty smooth until I parked the car into a ditch on the last stage and had to recover. That meant a rather close finish between danny and I. Servatis still had a 40 seconds lead on stage 6 so it will be an easy victory for him.