MXGP 2 Video Game

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Kawasakis

Re: MXGP 2 Video Game

Post by Kawasakis »

MXGP is way fun and actually good. Hope this is still just early version.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

MXGP was pretty good IMO. I'll be pre-ordering this one for sure.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I've played motocross games from the early 2000's that look more realistic than that.
cdub85

Post by cdub85 »

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/games/stor ... ed-to-know
“We wanted the riders’ feedback because essentially MXGP 2 is a simulator; when you select the pro physics and all the aids are off, the game is simulating a real motocross bike on a real track.
Just caught this in a recent article....sounds interesting.

Also the game is delayed a week now to April 7th.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

cdub85 wrote:...aids...
That's all the kids are gonna see in your post.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

I preordered this game. Why? I had fun playing the career mode on mxgp1.

I hope this one has better physics and harder ai. The AI was too goonish even on the hardest setting :(
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

mikez#411 wrote:I preordered this game. Why? I had fun playing the career mode on mxgp1.

I hope this one has better physics and harder ai. The AI was too goonish even on the hardest setting :(
Me too :P

First one was super fun to play with friends. Plus if you are a MXGP fan, to have a videogame with all the tracks and stuff is just pretty cool.
Alex V111#1017
ReflexxDesigns
Crushed Dissenter
Team: ART/Reflexx Designs

Post by ReflexxDesigns »

Honestly i don't think the physics look great but some other aspects of the game look mint, the customization abilities seem amazing, can literally change every part on your bike and the rider seems to have a lot of customization as well. I also seen on there facebook page that you can make your own teams with the logo and stuff of your choose. Would be great if we could hire irl GP riders during the MXGP season as well as having your mates in the team during Online mode. Defiantly going to be buying this game on the 7th! :P

Customization Trailer if you haven't see in it yet :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDBTIrd1maU

nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

That was my thoughts. The physics aren't great but I can absolutely get past that because it looks beautiful and you can personalize the hell out of your experience.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I'm the opposite. Substance before image. It could have stick figures in 8-color as long the physics feel right. Dressing up my Ken doll isn't as important.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
cdub85

Post by cdub85 »

I can see that side as well, but there's something to be said about presentation as well. To be fair, MXGP 1 physics were not horrid. Sure they were no simulation, but still much more fun than Mx vs ATV Supercross. Now that there is a "Pro" physics i think that's worth some excitement. I'm just an optimist I suppose and enjoy seeing devs iterate and improve on any moto game, so for me I know theres some enjoyment to be had from this. At the end of the day we still have Mx Sim and Mx Bikes. :D
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I had way more hope for Milestone pulling through than I did Nordic. The jump from Mud to MXGP was nothing short of enormous and I think they can continue the trend. However, I've seen almost nothing of the game and what I have seen looks exactly the same gameplay wise, I am happy to see they added more customizations. If we can convince them the Steam Workshop is a good thing we would be in business. I won't be preordering it though, I doubt I'd buy it before it went on sale but I'll most likely own it soon enough.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
cdub85

Post by cdub85 »

Yeah Stem Workshop support would be incredible! But seeing how locked down MXGP is with Giuseppe Luongo being basically ab oligarch, I doubt that will be a possibility :( . I agree on how great the jump from MUD to MXGP was, so here's to hoping the "sim mode" will be a similar jump for them, fingers crossed.
Multiplayer MUST be a priority for them this time as their last attempt was incredibly sad. DLC or unofficial mod support would be incredible. I love that we have 4 solid choices for mx games at this point, still wish EA would get back in the game even though they have their own issues.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

I know we sound like a broken record, but the physics really needed the most work. You could only throw the same small whip no real scrubbing. Also seat bouncing doesn't seem to have much of an effect. One other problem was when you OJ stuff how you slow down. Honestly, this should not be the case unless you really OJ. One thing that would be cool if they had an MXGP Legends DLC pack with older bikes and liveries 125, 250, and 500 2 strokes. Like how they did in the MotoGP games.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

All I hope is that this version of MXGP is at least finished. Not some buggy bad coded limited crap like last time. I had a lot of fun with it for a short period of time, especially the online races were exciting. But if you have a bug on 1 out of 2 races and you simply can't have a full season without a bug. Well, that's a pure rip off in my opinion. And I'm not even talking about the lack of timing gates even. Every track had at least 1 cheater line and online they were used like it was a part of racing.

Also a clutch or something else that decides whether you have a good start or not would be great. Because that was pretty random in the first version as well.

Graphics wise it can be a lot better as well, we're living in 2016. And mxrider released in 2002 for the PS2 is even coming close to the mxgp graphics. If you compare this game with for example dirt rally, F1 or Fifa ... then they're running 3-5 years behind.

Physics wise they can leave it on how it was. It doesn't has to be a second mxsim, it was fun to play an easy mx game that doesn't feel very very wrong like the modern mx vs atv's do. But I do laugh every time I read in their press releases that they claim it to be a sim haha.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)