Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by Pumaxcs »

Unless you buy used. r/HardwareSwap will be filled to the brim from all the kids getting the newest and selling their old stuff.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Yeah, I read an article about Intel's old chips right before Skylake came out that said something along the lines, "Older Intel chips will only see a minor price drop, if that, as Intel realized a while ago that they're older chips are the biggest competition for newer chips." I'd imagine the same applies here, even with so many people saying the Radeon 300 series cards are the way to go over 900 series cards
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

You can score some deals through EVGA B-Stock from people upgrading. Otherwise, a 970 would be similar in price to a 1070 (or whatever they are going to call it) maybe like a $20 difference (worth it to upgrade for $20 anyways).
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2424 ... erf-of-980
The GTX 1080 posts a 180W TDP with an ~83% power efficiency after conversion to DC power. The GTX 1080 sees a 100mV power ripple – a major efficiency offering that promises stability overhaul to fluctuation clockrates of current-gen cards.

Performance promises exceed 2x GTX 980s in SLI and 1x Titan X. The GTX 1080 sees a ~4.5x performance gain over the GTX 960, or roughly a ~2x gain over the GTX 980. There is roughly a 20% gain over the Titan X in performance output.

Clockrates on air post 2.1GHz (2114MHz) with MemCLK of 5508MHz and a GPU temperature (absolute) 67C.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Racing299
Team: Flex Factory Racing

Post by Racing299 »

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10serie ... e-gtx-1080

Supposedly way faster than the Titan X, uses way less power, and is WAY cheaper, $599 for something more powerful. What do you all think?
dbaum25moto wrote:
MaicoBreako wrote:Plus it has a horn.
That horn is the greatest technological achievement by any manufacturer in the history of offroad motorcycling. My bike is super quiet, allowing me to sneak up behind my friends and scare the shit out of them.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think I still don't have a reason to upgrade from my tri-sli 4gb 670's :lol:. The only reason I would upgrade now is to have a card with more Vram, but realistically I'm not going to get any more pc parts until I build a whole new system, which probably won't be for at least another year and a half.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Not going to lie I used to be super into the high end PC parts and researching the next best and reading reviews. Then I built my current PC which was amazing at it's time (and still is pretty damn fast) and I kind of stopped caring about keeping up with all the new stuff since I already had such a good computer. Still kind of in that boat... When I built it I wanted it to last 4 years speed wise, right now I'm about 2.5 months shy of that and still going strong.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Same boat, I built mine almost 3 years ago now and my plan was to get this, get a bigger screen and get another GPU to SLI and push the screen. I'm there and everything is just dandy, while the upgrades are nice I just don't have any good reason to.

The new spec's are insane if they hold up. Getting Titan X/980Ti performance out of something with a single power pin for $700-500 less? That is incredible. Its not even using the HMB2 (which if I were to upgrade is what I'm holding out for) so once they release the Pascal/HMB cards it could get even faster. I had no idea this kind of leap would be coming, lets hope AMD can still put the heat on them.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Thats less than i bought my 980ti for like 4 months ago.... This is making me sad so stop.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Think im gonna try this out when I wake up. Dont have any leftover parts i just want to try it lmao
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

I built my pc with a 680 4gb and a i7 3770k in like 2012. Still happy with it.
Racing299

Post by Racing299 »

While we're on the topic of the 1080, if I were to buy it, should I swap my i5-4690k for something more beefy? I almost feel like its not letting my 970ftw run at its full potential
dbaum25moto wrote:
That horn is the greatest technological achievement by any manufacturer in the history of offroad motorcycling. My bike is super quiet, allowing me to sneak up behind my friends and scare the shit out of them.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

The 4690k is the little brother to the flagship of that line. There is absolutely no reason it should be bottlenecking, unless your Mobo is gay, and even then I don't think it'd cause problems. I'm running a 970 with an AMD FX 6350 on a $60 Mobo and have noticed no problems
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I would highly doubt that you would be bottlenecking anything with the i5.
MXS Cares
Racing299

Post by Racing299 »

mxsrider96 wrote:The 4690k is the little brother to the flagship of that line. There is absolutely no reason it should be bottlenecking, unless your Mobo is gay, and even then I don't think it'd cause problems. I'm running a 970 with an AMD FX 6350 on a $60 Mobo and have noticed no problems
Pumaxcs wrote:I would highly doubt that you would be bottlenecking anything with the i5.
Maybe it's not bottlenecking, and I'm just looking for more performance lol. I have one of the higher end Gigabyte mobos, should I look into overclocking then?
dbaum25moto wrote: