Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by DBRider251 »

I would build a Skylake over a Haswell-E, but I would definitely go the Intel route over upgrading your AM3+.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

X99 typically isn't a platform for gaming. It'll work, obviously, but most people use x99 for workstations, or video editing, photo editing, more intensive software that requires better hardware. So if you're still going to be focusing on gaming, and just doing renders as a side thing, go with z97 or z170 and get the i7 of that category
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

KAWASAKIZ wrote:thanks for thew tips, i will look for a mobo, and... i'm getting really interested with this case https://www.amazon.it/Thermaltake-CA-1D ... maltake+x9

i know it's huge, but the gpu would be vertical instead of horizontal... and in the future i'll never have problems with space.

i won't wait too much because i wanna do a gaming summer, NO SOCIAL LIFE

It won't be as tall but will be twice as wide because its a full size motherboard on its laying flat. Look at something in the range of a Mid Size ATX Tower because everything you mention so far has been giant. Unless ofcourse, that is your plan in which case I'll step out of the way.
John23 wrote:
John23 wrote:Looking to update my rig. I'm running a black/red theme and want to change to a black/white theme so I can get that nifty Hue+ and make it whatever color I please.

Do you reccommend upgrading my AM3+ DDR3 build, or saving and do a new X99 DDR4 build?
And it's not just for color. It's just to stay up with things and not be too far back in the dust
The platform could use an update so no judgement there but to get an X99 just because its newer isn't necessary. The X99 compatible CPU's start at like ~$600 and most motherboards are $200 because they are ment for people to use them with server/work related content. If all your doing is getting your GTA5 frame rate up an i5/i7 Z170 combo is more than enough.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Refurbished video card? Or should I not be so cheap?
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

Phathry25 wrote:Refurbished video card? Or should I not be so cheap?
Depends on who its from and what the warranty is on it. The thing with refurbished things is its like picking out of a hat, you might get a card that will work just fine or you could get stuck with one that has a lot of problems.
Nick Pleshek #132
KTM57 wrote:Brady's just mad because his mom is a planet and she regularly gets annihilated.
i7 3770k | XFX R9 290 Black Edition | Mushkin 8gb 2133 | Corsair C70 Military Green
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

It's a gigabyte, from new egg. Not sure who was doing the refurbishing. No warranty listed. It's $65 savings. Are these failed cards that have been repaired, or used cards that have been cleaned up? Either way they're newer than my current card that has had neither of these things done to it. Lol.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

On the z170 boards how does the extra pcie 3.0 slots work? I realize you can plug an m.2 ssd into the board for x4, but will that take bandwidth from anything?
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Phathry25 wrote:It's a gigabyte, from new egg. Not sure who was doing the refurbishing. No warranty listed. It's $65 savings. Are these failed cards that have been repaired, or used cards that have been cleaned up? Either way they're newer than my current card that has had neither of these things done to it. Lol.
I would pass if it is only a $65 savings.

What card are you looking at? If you perv the LinusTechTips forums "Hot Deal" section every day for a week or two you will come across tons of GPU deals. EVGA B-Stock is also a good thing to keep an eye on.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Finally ordered myself a SSD. 240 GB for Windows and MXS. Can't wait to test it out!
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

SMR 510RR wrote:What card are you looking at? If you perv the LinusTechTips forums "Hot Deal" section every day for a week or two you will come across tons of GPU deals. EVGA B-Stock is also a good thing to keep an eye on.
On top of that, checkout /r/buildapcsales or /r/hardwareswap. One things for sure, you will find the same card you purchase for cheaper like a week later. Never fails.
On The Pipe

Post by On The Pipe »

I found the answer to my question. If you plug the ssd into the main 16 pcie3 slots it will limit bandwidth to gpu. However, the ssd will have lower latency on the main slots compared to chips pcie3 lanes.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Phathry25 wrote:It's a gigabyte, from new egg. Not sure who was doing the refurbishing. No warranty listed. It's $65 savings. Are these failed cards that have been repaired, or used cards that have been cleaned up? Either way they're newer than my current card that has had neither of these things done to it. Lol.
Have you looked at EVGA's B-Stock? Not sure how it ranks with the refurb card, but they come with a 1 year warranty on them.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

On The Pipe wrote:I found the answer to my question. If you plug the ssd into the main 16 pcie3 slots it will limit bandwidth to gpu. However, the ssd will have lower latency on the main slots compared to chips pcie3 lanes.
The real question is would you notice the difference?
On The Pipe

Post by On The Pipe »

SMR 510RR wrote:
On The Pipe wrote:I found the answer to my question. If you plug the ssd into the main 16 pcie3 slots it will limit bandwidth to gpu. However, the ssd will have lower latency on the main slots compared to chips pcie3 lanes.
The real question is would you notice the difference?
Nope, they did some tests it was slightly faster not worth it.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Setting it up now, can't wait to see how fast these things actually are!