Free iRacing trial

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Free iRacing trial

Post by Phathry25 »

Just this one for now... I thought there were a few different, and easier, options, but they shut those down due to people abusing them. :( Stupid internet. Also if you go to www.inracingnews.com they have a $5 one month sub offer on the left side of the page.

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/racing/virtual-racing
ShackAttack12

Re: Free iRacing trial

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I'd love to play this game, as I'm very in to simulation racing games. I know a bunch of people that play it. I just can't justify paying a fee every month... i think it would consume my life.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
JETZcorp
Team: Privateer

Post by JETZcorp »

I'd love to start in on this one, but it's so hard-core I want to wait until I get my 911 Carrera wheel to start. :mrgreen:
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

JETZcorp wrote:I'd love to start in on this one, but it's so hard-core I want to wait until I get my 911 Carrera wheel to start. :mrgreen:
IDK what your money situation is, but if you can, go for the GT3 RS wheel. It comes with MUCH nicer pedals. Plus it's belt drive = quieter and no mechanical deadzone, aka sloppyness at the center of rotation.

Logitech just released their new G27 wheel and pedals, and that is also a very nice unit... Just some suggestions, the Carrera wheel is aging rapidly, you'll be happier in the long run by dropping some more coin and getting a nicer setup. Once you get hooked you'll be upgrading anyways...

Shack, it's $13/mo. For me that's not eating lunch at work two times a month. I still eat lunch those two days, but just wanted to put it in perspective. LOL.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I have the Logitech MOMO wheel with pedals and they work really well. I don't have a need for a 6-spd gear changer and a clutch, nor do i have a need for more than 270* rotation when i race, so the momo with paddle shifters works fine for me.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

ShackAttack12 wrote:I have the Logitech MOMO wheel with pedals and they work really well. I don't have a need for a 6-spd gear changer and a clutch, nor do i have a need for more than 270* rotation when i race, so the momo with paddle shifters works fine for me.
same here
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
JETZcorp
Team: Privateer

Post by JETZcorp »

Actually, the Carrera is Fanatec's newest wheel. The Turbo, GT3 RS etc. are slightly older, but aimed at being the best wheels they can be, while the Carrera is aimed at a more casual audience that wants a nice wheel for not much cost. I only make minimum wage, and at that it's part time three days a week, so my money situation is a little on the tight side. Also, I'm new to the racing thing and I'm not sure how far I want to go with it. I would hate to spend an extra $120 for a nicer wheel then get bored with the whole thing and never pick it up again. And, as reviewed by InsideSimRacing, the Carrera is the best value for money of any wheel period. Even given its limitations (the noise being my biggest concern) I would prefer it over a Thrustmaster F430 wheel, which doesn't have a clutch and is $20 more expensive. The Fanatec 911 Turbo wheel is almost double the price, and I just don't see the extra features being worth it.

If it turns out that I really do get deep into the hobby, I may want to upgrade in the future. That's what I did with flight sims. I started on a $30 Saitek Cyborg joystick, then once I got into it enough to justify the purchase, I went balls-out and got an X-52 Pro, which was the best joystick on the market at that time. My only regret is that it couldn't take the rigor of being used for MXS. Even the most intense aerial dogfight has very mellow control inputs compared to a typical moto in MXS, and the -52 is starting to show it. :(
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
jd5820

Post by jd5820 »

I think if you want good car racing simulator Live for Speed is good too. I was playing(demo) it a lot before I found MX Sim.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

My bad Jetz. I guess next time I'll do more research, instead of just flapping my gums.

jd...
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

JETZ.... DFGT. $100. Plastic G25...