2016 MXGP Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
FlyinHigh

Re: 2016 MXGP Discussion

Post by FlyinHigh »

It's an amateur ride day, not race day. Trust me, I know because I'm also going lol.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Has there been any free livestreams of mxgp this year? (Wanna watch tomorrow...)
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Wahlamt wrote:Has there been any free livestreams of mxgp this year? (Wanna watch tomorrow...)
Not legit ones. Youthstream is driving a hard bargain for their tv right. Its on Eurosport 2 (but not always) and its almost always broadcasted a couple of hours late (in Sweden at least).

You could pay for a season pass at the MXGP website OR just pay for a single weekend and you get to stream everything from their website. Even practices and qualifications.

Problem is/was the one weekend costs 8 euros. A whole season goes for 130 euros (its 39 euros for the remaining races right now).
I actually payed for a channel where I had like 20 different popular channels (including E2, where the races usually are broadcasted) for alot less than 130 euros for a full year.

Their prices are retarded and the tv rights are probably really expensive as well which makes it so that finding a channel where its broadcasted is really difficult.

It just goes in line with Youthstream/Longos vision of wanting motocross be equal to F1. Its just never gonna happen. They just send the riders and team out to all corners of the world where they have no spectators, the tracks are shit and the brands dont even sell bikes in these countries. Hell, the startlines are like 15 GP riders and then 4-5 local dudes (who gets lapped like 5 times during a race) and it just looks fucking silly.
Bring back the GPs to the countries that support the sport, make it cheaper for teams to race a season and not the way it is now that you have to pay your way in to the starting line.

IF you find a good site that streams it though, I´m all ears :) /endrant
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Sorry for DP but must compliment the ProMotocross series how great they handle this.

I can watch pretty much every race from Sweden. In great quality, with great commentators and lots of production value. I can watch it live or when I wake up. Everything on their own website and its all for fucking free!?

Just AMAZING
JakeT3

Post by JakeT3 »

MotorsTV broadcasts the GP's live all year apart from 2 races I think which were delayed a couple of hours. Eurosport broadcasted I think 75% of the races.

The nationals are a pita to watch though. First motos can be watched, but the unnecessary interviews during the race are retarded, as well as the lit pro data and the track preview (they are racing we already know what the track looks like). The second motos there are either NO streams for people outside the US or you have to deal with 90% commercial and 10% motocross.

Yes it's really nice to watch the races the morning after at promotocross.com, however the commercial parts are still cutout plus you have to avoid social media until you watch the races.

It would be so much better if the nationals would have a package like mxgp-tv has.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Cmon AC....

Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

Cooper just straight up came from out of the top 10 to win. What a G
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

USA USA USA USA USA
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Ddavis wrote:Cmon AC....

I really hope he isn't hurt, but if he isn't, I think it'll be a bit of a miracle
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

mxsrider96 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:Cmon AC....

I really hope he isn't hurt, but if he isn't, I think it'll be a bit of a miracle
apparently he had a dislocated shoulder theres a photo of him leaning over and them putting it back in
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

The Americans gave the Europeans some riding lessons I must say. Especially in the MX2, Herlings was the only one getting up there and battle with the top AMA riders, all the other riders weren't even close...

In the MXGP I feel like Gajser could have battled it out more with Tomac, but at the same time it felt like Tomac was riding on 90% and even got bored, lost his concentration causing him to tip over and make some silly mistakes. It certainly wasn't the pushing Tomac we're used to see in the outdoors.

Last night changed my perspective on the mxdn as well though, even the track is totally different than what we saw last night. The USA is the #1 favourite by a distance.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

scheeve3 wrote:Last night changed my perspective on the mxdn as well though, even the track is totally different than what we saw last night. The USA is the #1 favourite by a distance.
Problem is, we're only sending 1 of the guys who raced Charlotte over to MXDN, and he's racing a different class on a different bike. If we were sending Eli, Coop on 250, and then you can pick someone for MX Open (Barcia, Anderson, etc), I would be more optimistic - but when we're not sending over our best team chosen from all our riders, it's a different story. Coop is awesome on a 450, don't get me wrong, but being able to have him on a 250 would have been a huge advantage. Since they score both classes together for each moto, having a strong 250 guy is a huge advantage (why TC222 tried it at Kegums), so we're missing that by having to bump him up to 450.

Enjoyed watching Charlotte, and we definitely had some great performances from our USA guys, but I'm pumping the breaks on thinking we're now the favorites for MXDN.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Day in the life of Dustin Davis