2016 MXGP Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
slug
Team: Privateer

Re: 2016 MXGP Discussion

Post by slug »

10 years ago I watched Gajser on our local track , shredding on his little bike and said to everyone, that guy is going to win a world championship.
Here we are...We are also from the same region and have the same surname, so I am rooting even harder for him.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

They actually show it on TV here, I think one of the CBS channels on AT&T. It's laughable looking at Qatar and no one there. Premier world event and no one cares because it's in the middle of no where without full gates because Gypsy Lufuck is a dildo. Sorry but everyone wants the sport to grow, if it ever gets "mainstream" it's going to suck. Tracks are going to be all in infields with grandstand seating and all the cool natural terrain tracks would go away (ahem Assen, Charlotte). There would be even less chance for privateers to do good (non-existent already in MXGP). What we really need is better compensation and support and whatnot for the riders. There's obviously not enough factory rides to fill gates solely on that, so how about supporting the privateer that missed it by 1 spot riding your equipment than paying the guy 5 spots ahead millions for being hardly faster. How many tickets did you sell because that privateer is a hometown rider Feld or FIM or whoever the hell is the promoter?

A little off topic, but just saying the sport is being ruined by money grabbing higher ups, just like everything else. Already so apparent in the gps.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Amen Yzmxer.

Also Ben Townley has some harsh words for the entire organisation of the MXGP's. He's a former world champion and probably one of the only riders in the world who can say who have ridden all over the world. GP's, AMA's, New Zealand, Australia ... So I really hope that the FIM and Youthstream take his words in consideration. Because right now they have Rui Goncalves as their track crew boss, to prepare the tracks better and such, but as I expect he's just another puppet on a string.
http://www.mxlarge.com/2016/03/05/townl ... nterviews/

And other news, probably a GP of India + Malasia next year ... here we go again ...
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Anchor_b
Team: Splitfire

Post by Anchor_b »

Thank god Townley got some real shit out there.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Good on ya Townley!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

Townley being the voice of the audience in that last interview, however i feel like it might not change much because Europe and the rest of the world is a bit more different than America, we are pretty blessed as citizens to have a government that isnt completely fuked, like Europe economy wise is a lot different than America, like you cant just open up a buisness out of the blue in some countries in europe unlike America, but I do believe that if MXGP continues down the road it is (with all the shitty track buisness and richer 1% controlling the teams) the mxgp might just collapse on itself if it doesnt shape up, cuz as far as im concerned MXGP and are on a downward trend as far as quality goes, although the depth of the field is geting better IMO but thats just my two cents cuz im not sure how aware the MXGP is of their ridiculous prices to watch the stream
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Track looked super rough. Febvre worked so hard in the second moto.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Weird thing happened. Our young talent Arminas Jasikonis finished 16th in MXGP class second moto, they didn't check his bike sound before the race and they did that just after the second moto. It was little bit over the limit and they bumped him to 22nd..
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Oh :( that sux, but he'll get there.
He's living in Belgium during the season for his 3th year now I think? And the progression he's making every year is incredible.
The first year he came to race in Belgium he got totally rekt by all our amateurs. Now he's the guy that mixes up with the MXGP stars whenever he gets a decent start.

Also his little teammate Nikita Kucherov is doing good on the 85cc. Living in a trailer for half the time it's season and going from the one sand track to the other. It's impressive how that little kid just goes for it, he can barely throw his leg over an 85cc because he's that small, but he pins it like a boss.
krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

scheeve3 wrote:Oh :( that sux, but he'll get there.
He's living in Belgium during the season for his 3th year now I think? And the progression he's making every year is incredible.
The first year he came to race in Belgium he got totally rekt by all our amateurs. Now he's the guy that mixes up with the MXGP stars whenever he gets a decent start.

Also his little teammate Nikita Kucherov is doing good on the 85cc. Living in a trailer for half the time it's season and going from the one sand track to the other. It's impressive how that little kid just goes for it, he can barely throw his leg over an 85cc because he's that small, but he pins it like a boss.
He rode in Estonia also for one year or was it one series, on 85cc's. He showed whats up to all (at that time quick estonians on 85's, like Karel Kutsar and so on) + I think he beat Palus Jonass every race aswell or most of the time, definitely nice to see where he is at.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Watched the second motos, pretty good battles in both (not for the lead in mx2 obviously, but that 3-8ish battle was great). Found it kinda funny the constructors points standings for 250's TM is ahead of Honda, and Honda won the class last year :lol:. Do they have an official mx2 rider now since Tim is on 450s?
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

yzmxer608 wrote:Watched the second motos, pretty good battles in both (not for the lead in mx2 obviously, but that 3-8ish battle was great). Found it kinda funny the constructors points standings for 250's TM is ahead of Honda, and Honda won the class last year :lol:. Do they have an official mx2 rider now since Tim is on 450s?
Yea Jorge Zaragoza and Herbreteau (I probably miss spelled both).

But both got injured in those "preperation" races of which I still don't get why you would race them besides the money organizers pay you to be there. Ever since Qatar is in the final weekend of February there's no use in riding those races, because 50/50 chance they get cancelled anyways and the other 50/50 chance is that you ride on a muddy rutty track full with amateurs who get lapped after 3 laps in such rough conditions.
I mean, how many riders didn't got injured in the beginning of this year? And all the story's are the same, the track wasn't prime because of too much rain and they got caught out by a nasty rut...

Zaragoza rode through the injury in Qatar and Thailand though. If they're both fit, than Honda has something going on, because they're both young and talented. But when bad luck strikes there's nothing you can do ... look at the 24MX honda team. They shipped their bikes and the same day than that they got shipped got De Dycker injured. And 3 days before Qatar Karro. Just like that you have spend tons of money to go overseas and you have nobody to ride the bikes.

If you think about it, there has been a lot of injuries already this year :s
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

so gajser is on rails...
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Gajser is in beast mode at the moment. So good watching him come from behind in that second moto. Love his huck to make that double past a few riders
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Gajser is doing really good but I just cant help to think that he switched class partly because he knew he wouldnt have a chance against Herlings in MX2.

I mean look at last week at a sandy track like Kegums, Herlings had a 2 second faster lap than the best lap in MXGP, on a rougher track!

Herlings is gonna wreck some havoc when he hops up to MXGP thats for sure.