MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by Phathry25 »

How does water ruin electronic devices? I was alway under the assumption that water didn't do any damage unless power was applied to cause a short. Your earbuds don't have an auxiliary power source, do they? I know for sure I get sweat all up in my ear buds all the time, granted I only paid $9.99 for them, but they haven't stopped working yet.

I'm glad I don't buy into a lot of this "high quality" marketing mumbo jumbo. Sound expensive. I'll take a product that lasts over its high priced "high quality" counter part any day.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Phathry25 wrote:How does water ruin electronic devices? I was alway under the assumption that water didn't do any damage unless power was applied to cause a short. Your earbuds don't have an auxiliary power source, do they? I know for sure I get sweat all up in my ear buds all the time, granted I only paid $9.99 for them, but they haven't stopped working yet.

I'm glad I don't buy into a lot of this "high quality" marketing mumbo jumbo. Sound expensive. I'll take a product that lasts over its high priced "high quality" counter part any day.
My 2 hypothesis would be either:

A) The water isn't fully evaporated when power is applied
B) Corrosion
Ballsfalsky
Team: Tim Hortons

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Phathry25 wrote:How does water ruin electronic devices? I was alway under the assumption that water didn't do any damage unless power was applied to cause a short. Your earbuds don't have an auxiliary power source, do they? I know for sure I get sweat all up in my ear buds all the time, granted I only paid $9.99 for them, but they haven't stopped working yet.

The headphones are "sealed". What happened was I plugged them into my phone to listen to music, and a bit of moisture was still inside of them. As sween said.

Also, they aren't "overpriced junk". They are worth the money if you listen to a lot of music. I thrashed them for over a year and they have really taken a beating. This is every electronic devices downfall unfortunately!
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I wasn't implying that they were overpriced junk. I was implying I don't need need "studio quality" head phones to listen to music while I work out. I don't need to show everyone how great I am by only owning the greatest quality products. I let my words work that magic. Lol.

Don't see why you're mad at your mom for wrecking your headphones? You plugged them in too soon.
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

They're not studio quality at all lol! Studio quality headphones cost in excess of $700. These are to the mid-high quality headphone world what Cadillac is to the luxury car world; Entry level.

I'm mad because I had no idea they even went through the wash until I heard them pop when I plugged them in. Then water started coming out of them. Thats when I asked my parents if they had checked my pockets and they said that they forgot to but they were sorry.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

So your parents had taken them out of the pocket after washing them?

I always take everything out of my pockets before I take my trousers off. Like you said your trousers are the safest place for them when you're out at school or whatever but leaving stuff in your trousers, especially such expensive headphones when you take them off is retarded.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I've sent plenty of Apple earbuds through the washing machine. They seem to work afterwards. I've been using some Skullcandy earbuds that are cheaper than the Apple earbuds, though, and they're pretty nice for what they are. They're orange, too!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

Holy shit.... We're mid-way through April already. I can remember Christmas like it was yesterday,
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

KTM57 wrote:I've sent plenty of Apple earbuds through the washing machine. They seem to work afterwards. I've been using some Skullcandy earbuds that are cheaper than the Apple earbuds, though, and they're pretty nice for what they are. They're orange, too!
Apple earbuds don't fit in my ear, they always fall out. I can't even sit still and listen to them. I can't stand listening to skullcandy's either. They just sound plain terrible and are a waste of resources if you ask me.
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Oh great and now my Grinder (for grinding mint leaves and other herbs for cooking), my pipe (for smoking tobacco) and a bunch of other shit is missing from my cabinet. Mom say's it was dad, dad says it was mom. I basically just told them if its not infront of my eyes in the next hour they will slowly start noticing shit happening.
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

And neither of them gave a flying fuck that I had a mint grinder or a pipe for tobacco last time they noticed... But now its missing... Fucking snoops. Idgaf if they think i'm up to no good they can't just go and steal my belongings. Guaranteed my grinder will reek of pot and my pipe will be caked in rez next time I see them... Goddamn stoner parents.
jgmx893
Team: ConstantMoto

Post by jgmx893 »

Gotta be the worst day of the week...that itch to ride is coming back again and it's only tuesday :( . Guess I'll have to satisfy myself with some mxsim :D

Subscribe for quality mx and mxsim films! http://www.youtube.com/jgmx893

Head over to the ConstantMoto facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/constantmoto
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Ballsfalsky wrote:Oh great and now my Grinder (for grinding mint leaves and other herbs for cooking), my pipe (for smoking tobacco) and a bunch of other shit is missing from my cabinet. Mom say's it was dad, dad says it was mom. I basically just told them if its not infront of my eyes in the next hour they will slowly start noticing shit happening.
Don't let the man get you down.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Ballsfalsky

Post by Ballsfalsky »

KTM57 wrote:
Ballsfalsky wrote:Oh great and now my Grinder (for grinding mint leaves and other herbs for cooking), my pipe (for smoking tobacco) and a bunch of other shit is missing from my cabinet. Mom say's it was dad, dad says it was mom. I basically just told them if its not infront of my eyes in the next hour they will slowly start noticing shit happening.
Don't let the man get you down.
The man...? Lol I don't believe in fairytales!
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

I bet you're on some weird japanese game show and your parents are in on it and they have been challenged to do things to fuck with you such as stealing your stuff and putting your headphones in the washer. If you manage not to push them both down the stairs you will probably win a 2 week holiday to Hawaii or a dune buggy or something. You should probably check your room for hidden cameras just to make sure.