Battlefield 3

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Shadow »

Mittocs wrote:it's not supposed to be like Arma.
Except for the graphcis, it's crappier than battlefield 2.... And with no mod support it ain't going to be fixed either.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

I think its miles ahead of bfbc2
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

How does it compare to BF2 for the PC? I loved that game but im a little skeptical since BF3 looks like BF2BC which i think is garabage compared to BF2. Looking for people who have it on the PC.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

If you want BF2 with new age graphics, don't buy it. Derp...
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

You are expecting mod support? on a major release like this? are you on crack?

really, those days are long gone, in the era of DLC. no big company, ESPECIALLY EA, is going to want people to make free stuff for their game. as far as i know BFBC2 doesn't have mod support either.
as a matter of fact I dare you to name 5 games that have mod support that have been released in the past 2 years?

also comparing his game to COD is ridiculous.
The feel of the game is much better with bf3, the way it controls is 10 times better than any COD game i have ever played.
the visuals (not just the graphics) are tons better, and do I even have to mention the amazing sound?
the only thing they have in common are that they are both FPS and they are in modern times.

The single player of BF3 was never supposed to be an open world deal. it was supposed to tell a story.
if you want freedom go play multiplayer. which is what this game is focused on in the first place.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Let's see, off the top of my head.

Arma 2
Arma 3
Rage
Witcher
Witcher 2
Skyrim
Dead Island
Fallout New Vegas
Dragon age 1&2

Want me to go on? :mrgreen:

And it's not really ridiculous to compare this to MW3, when the gameplay is so similar in both.

Funny how Arma 2 tells a story too in its campaign, yet one is not forced to travel through an endless tube in that game. :roll:

My main beef is with the gameplay though. I seriously dislike that hollywood crap gun mechanics. Shotgun is inaccurate after 5 meters, pistols shoot accurately to hundreds of meters and nothing has recoil. It's like the game characters are holding pea shooters, or laser tag guns. -_-
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

skyrim and arma 3 aren´t released yet.
the witcher is from 2007
half of the games you mention dont have official mod support but are just hacked on there by users.

comparing BF3 gameplay to MW3 gameplay is rediculous. you do know the meaning of gameplay right?

Arma 2's story is told in a different way. The things done in the BF3 Singleplayer could never have been done that way if they had made it an open world. it was a choice made by the developers and after playing the single player I can tell you that I don't mind the choice at all. the game does a great job at immersing me into the story and the combat, which is all i ask of a BF singleplayer. how much freedom was there in BFBC2? none...

about the guns.. I don't know which version you have but on the PC version the guns feel great. the shotgun is effective over a large range. I can shoot guys from across a giant lobby, which was I estimate about 25 meters. the guns have a good kickback and have to be used in burst fire otherwise you wont hit a thing.

and how the hell did you expect this to be another arma? unless you have been living under rock for the past year it should be quite clear that battlefield is not a simulation, battlefield has NEVER been a simulator.

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

For me, I like the more realisitc war games. But I'm hearing mixed signals about BF3. What's your opinions on it's realism?
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

BF3 doesn't aim to be a simulator. so if you want a high factor of realism then BF3 might not be the game for you.
But if you're looking for a game that can immerse you in combat then i would recommend this game. Especially if you play it with headphones on, because the sound is just amazing.

I would say that BF3 is somewhere in between ARMA and COD, but not close to either.

---

MXS Cares
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

well the realism of BF2 felt just nice to me, is number 3 the same? I heard from some people that it's a bit less realistic.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Its probably really fast in multiplayer like COD.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Baboobeats

Post by Baboobeats »

for realism, i would suggest battlefield 2 OR Arma 2 with the project reality mod. just start with reading how big the maps are. original maps on bf2 was like 2-4 km big, PR has up to 64 or more.

mxbiker

Post by mxbiker »

argh, connection lost with host 5 times in a row with my ps3.

just like black ops
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
Joe

Post by Joe »

Yeah same here Id imagine its just because its new and getting a lot of traffic
mxbiker

Post by mxbiker »

Joe wrote:Yeah same here Id imagine its just because its new and getting a lot of traffic
i hope so, black ops never got fixed.
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010