MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by yzmxer608 »

On The Pipe wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:Sounds like parts bin design. There is no such thing as a new car anymore.
Yeah was pretty disappointed with it after they said it was all new. I think they even have the same frames (hopefully they come fixed without the frame rust recall that all of them have had since day 1) and the same cab, but different interior. I don't like the reused engine (does sound like it's changed some from whatever it came out of). Even if it has more power and torque I'm one of those people who (at least when it comes to cars, you know my stance on dirt bikes :D) think "there is no replacement for displacement". If you want that dual fancy atkinson-otto cycle engine that's great, but keep it 4.0 and not 3.5! Get the nice power gains from it but get even more power from the displacement. I understand they wouldn't want to steal potential buyers from the Tundra though.

If I had the money to buy a truck it'd be hard to choose between the older Tundra (good luck finding one with low miles), a newer Tundra (they're just so damn huge) and a 2012-2015 Tacoma. The Tacoma makes the most sense because I would hardly be towing, if ever, and I don't really need a V8.

Keyword need :lol:.
KTM57 wrote:Asian trucks, lol.

Any further word on the Cummins that the Titans and Tundras will be getting?
I don't think they named the model, but the Titan info says it's a 5.0 turbo, 310HP at 3200rpm and 555ft-lb at 1600rpm. http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-n ... -info-news
I was looking at trucks a while ago since I wanted to haul my bike and possibly snowmobile in the future. My price range was basically around early 2000's tacomas and tundras. Only problem with the older tacomas is that some are 2WD, stick, and some have the 6 cylinder (not terrible on gas but the 4cylinder would be fine for me). Don't really have an issue with manual vehicles they just become a chore. Some guy ended up pulling out in front of my car and totaled it so I was forced to get a car quickly. I ended up getting an 05 civic sedan which I way planning on adding a hitch and a small trailer to haul bike. After I finish college and get a decent job I might buy a truck. The newer style tacomas look cool if you buy a higher package and the beds seem so small. However, a tundra with a longer bed looks weird though. I mainly wanted a lower sitting truck so loading/unloading the bike was easy and still got decent gas mileage.
Depth or length? Tacomas have a long bed option (6ft).
On The Pipe wrote:Almost halfway through January and still barely any snow. :cry:
Going this weekend, so pumped!!!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

yzmxer608 wrote: Depth or length? Tacomas have a long bed option (6ft).
On The Pipe wrote:Almost halfway through January and still barely any snow. :cry:
Going this weekend, so pumped!!!
Tundra with 7 foot bed looks slightly weird even worse with a 2 door still best looking truck IMO though next to the Tacoma TRD one. I keep checking the forecast like everyday to see if there is any snow coming and there doesnt look like any in January. That leaves February and possibly March we have to rely on nor'easter here for 6 inches plus and the conditions have to set up just right. I put a new primary spring in my sled curious to see how much of a difference it makes. At least I have my rebuilt 125 to look forward to riding this spring.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I didn't know that config existed, that thing is huge!

That sucks, I don't think there is a ton of snow in the north here but the trail system's website says they're still grooming and the trails are "good to very good condition". Last year the only time I rode was the end of March, hopefully the winter is long again.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Lmfao at that truck. It wouldn't take much effort to convert that into a stretch limo. Wouldn't even need to modify the frame. Toyota should stick to cars and forklifts.
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

I think it's the seven foot bed that makes it look funny. Aren't most long beds eight feet? Add another foot onto the back and I think it would even out the proportions and make it look a lot better.
That guy on the two stroke
On The Pipe

Post by On The Pipe »

yzmxer608 wrote:I didn't know that config existed, that thing is huge!

That sucks, I don't think there is a ton of snow in the north here but the trail system's website says they're still grooming and the trails are "good to very good condition". Last year the only time I rode was the end of March, hopefully the winter is long again.
Nice, I lurk on a few snowmobile forums and it's weird to hear people in the Great Lake states and even some of the Midwest states commenting on the lack of snow this year. I just assumed up there it always snowed a decent amount every year. In the mean time youtube videos will suffice.
phathry25 wrote:Lmfao at that truck. It wouldn't take much effort to convert that into a stretch limo. Wouldn't even need to modify the frame. Toyota should stick to cars and forklifts.
Exactly what I was thinking. I saw a stretched hummer limo few months ago looked so ridiculous in real life I couldn't stop laughing. What trucks do you like so I can get in on the brand bashing? :D
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

Ih8Hondas wrote:I think it's the seven foot bed that makes it look funny. Aren't most long beds eight feet? Add another foot onto the back and I think it would even out the proportions and make it look a lot better.
You think making it even longer would make it better?
If that thing was stood upright it would be taller than my house :lol:
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I think it was a joke. You do have a shitty house, though.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
JT43
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JT43 »

KTM57 wrote:I think it was a joke. You do have a shitty house, though.
I think this must have been a joke too
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

ImageImageImageImageImage
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

On The Pipe wrote:What trucks do you like so I can get in on the brand bashing? :D
I drive a Nissan currently. But I work for Toyota. Has nothing to do with the brand. Their trucks are ugly now. It's a fact, check Wikipedia.
On The Pipe

Post by On The Pipe »

Phathry25 wrote:I drive a Nissan currently. But I work for Toyota. Has nothing to do with the brand. Their trucks are ugly now. It's a fact, check Wikipedia.
I have to admit the grill on the tundra looks a little weird. The designers today sure put out some strange stuff. I really like skidoo, but the new model is so damn ugly you could not pay me to ride it.

TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Pretty badass looking to me, though I can't say I've paid attention to their design over the years.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
bob117

Post by bob117 »

the 15 is way more badass looking than the 07.. imo
JT43
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JT43 »

07 looks Chinese. 15 looks like a war machine, '15 all the way