mx vs atv alive gameplay

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DJD

Re: mx vs atv alive gameplay

Post by DJD »

checkerz wrote:but I'll wait until you can get a controller in your hands and FEEL the difference before even attempting to point them out. things are different, but i don't expect you to believe me, you'll have plenty of others telling you in May, and i'm sure you'll listen to them more than me, and then you'll FEEL the difference.
checkerz wrote:I say FEEL simply because the game FEELS right. There is no one wheel physics engine, there is no super slidy or on a rail physics - it's done and done RIGHT.

Says the salesman, but something sounds familiar, a year ago there was this game that promised the exact same thing....

We shall see.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Honestly Checkerz, like I said at the beginning of this thread, I'll buy it to play with friends regardless of how it's promoted.

That being said, I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth about this game. I want to, and I would be super duper pumped if what you said was true, but I know better. I wish we could get some strait answers out of you, but we both know that will never happen for reasons out of your control. I think you picked a bad group of people to try and bullshit. We can all look at the pictures and the video and see this is nothing more than Reflex v2.

Come May I hope I'm wrong and look like a total tool for posting this, but history tells me I'm pretty safe... Wait, I'm already a tool, oh well. :(
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

No no no it's more then reflex v2, cause you have to, WHOOPS, I mean GET TO, buy additional content!!! :lol:

Gameplay just plain looks horrid. Maybe it FEELS right, but it sure don't look right. And the screenies...look straight out of a NES game. I think I played an console MX game in 1997 that looked better.

I remember I was pretty stoked on it then...course I was still a high school kid...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Phathry25 wrote:Honestly Checkerz, like I said at the beginning of this thread, I'll buy it to play with friends regardless of how it's promoted.

That being said, I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth about this game. I want to, and I would be super duper pumped if what you said was true, but I know better. I wish we could get some strait answers out of you, but we both know that will never happen for reasons out of your control. I think you picked a bad group of people to try and bullshit. We can all look at the pictures and the video and see this is nothing more than Reflex v2.

Come May I hope I'm wrong and look like a total tool for posting this, but history tells me I'm pretty safe... Wait, I'm already a tool, oh well. :(
I'm not going to try and convince anyone, the game will speak for itself in May. THat's why I said I'll wait till May and let it sell itself. I think we got a lot right with Reflex, and there was a lot still wrong. We're doing a lot that you guys will like, as you'll start to hear rolling out, and it's definitely a complete package.

As far as anything else, the game looks miles better than Reflex because of our new lighting engine, and Reflex looks 10,000 times better than MXS which doesn't stop you all from playing this game.
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

checkerz wrote:and Reflex looks 10,000 times better than MXS which doesn't stop you all from playing this game.
Not 1 bit.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

The current mxs screens are multitudes better than reflex screens. Now that 2xl has stepped in, maybe we'll see a real mx game again, in the form of something similar to mcm, not just another arcady piece of bullshit. This isn't just mxs people's opinion on the game coming out, I read several mx boards and the consensus is all the same.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

checkerz wrote:I think we got a lot right with Reflex, and there was a lot still wrong. We're doing a lot that you guys will like, as you'll start to hear rolling out, and it's definitely a complete package... As far as anything else, the game looks miles better than Reflex because of our new lighting engine, and Reflex looks 10,000 times better than MXS which doesn't stop you all from playing this game.
Guess I missed the part about your employer, "We"? THQ? Anyway, isn't this a conflict of interest or non-compete violation or something for you? hehe :wink: I'll ask for it for X-mas so someone else can pay for it. I didn't appreciate the revenue generating track packs (even tho I grudgingly paid to race w/a friend). If you are part of the marketing dept., then f-you. If not, then please accept my apologies. Have a nice day! :mrgreen:
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DJD

Post by DJD »

checkerz wrote:As far as anything else, the game looks miles better than Reflex because of our new lighting engine, and Reflex looks 10,000 times better than MXS

Uh....I'm having a hard time locating that 10,000%
TeamHavocRacing

Stop the presses! Looks like yall got some competition...a new MX game. It's presented in super smooth, stunning HD!
http://store.steampowered.com/video/40380
ha ha...more like fail'd.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Havoc your late..
Released: Nov 30, 2010
And I think there was a thread for it..
only one to win something real from the game!
TeamHavocRacing

Bye Jones, and remember, when you go back into forum prison, don't pick up the soap.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

DJD wrote:
checkerz wrote:As far as anything else, the game looks miles better than Reflex because of our new lighting engine, and Reflex looks 10,000 times better than MXS
http://www.mxvsatv.com/images/media/MvA ... 2011-4.jpg

http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90 ... t006-1.png

Uh....I'm having a hard time locating that 10,000%
Come on Checkerz.. We all know MXS is way better than all these games.. And it will be.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

this game looks fucking terrible judging by them screens.. Doesn't mean i'm not going to buy it, it's so fun screwin' round with mates when they're over!
Ah well, guess we're never going to see a half decent Mx game for console... :evil:
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

sorry for double post... But...
When you see Mxs compared to Alive in them screens... Just makes you lough, i wonder if the creators are ashamed, Mxs is a one man show with a "small" community helping yet it looks 10,000! Times better than a game developed by a company... Correct me if i'm wrong.... But that just doesn't seem right to me.
Not trying to have a go at you Checkers...
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

Personally I really hope MX vs ATV NEVER has physics anything like Mx simulator....what would be the point, we already have that game ticking over nicely with updates (the direct competition would undoubtedly hurt JLV's sales for a start) I love playing Reflex when I feel like relaxing and I don't have to think much or concentrate. I have to be in an MXsim mood to play MXsim. I like having the option. Ok so there are annoying parts, like instantly changing from all the grip in the world to an ice like surface, and having a player spin you 360 degrees off a jump. Oh yeah and having to drive crappy trucks which seriously feel like an afterthought in terms of physics.

In terms of visuals, environments obviously blow most of the MXsim tracks out of the water...although quality is always increasing...I guess as more people get more experienced with our humble editor. Lighting seems nicer in Reflex and I love the detail in terrain (not that it has much effect on the bike). But if JLV unleashes normal and spec maps for ground textures I'm sure we'll be part way there.

Biggest suggestion for Mx vs ATV, drop the trucks and build some more nationals tracks...holding the throttle wide open and and simply turning side to side is not exciting gameplay (some might argue you could say the same for the motocross section but at least the tracks are interesting)