New MX vs. ATV Reflex Preview

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
nickmx
Team: Privateer

Re: New MX vs. ATV Reflex Preview

Post by nickmx »

PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC!!!
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

yeah but is all in progress so....
huntermx4

Post by huntermx4 »

I think it should come out on PC :lol:
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

but it wont so go buy a ps3 or xbox lol
yomo

Post by yomo »

huntermx4 wrote:I think it should come out on PC :lol:
I think you should stop your stupid posts...
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

The PC question always comes up, and I wish I had an answer for you guys. Right now it is set to launch on the 360, PS3, PSP, and DS (hope I'm not forgetting any, it's late!). I personally would love to see a PC version, I would have loved to see one for Untamed. I obviously enjoy making tracks and playing tracks that you guys come up with. It is never impossible for it to come out on PC, but it won't be on PC at initial launch. I can't say more than that because I don't know more than that. I do feel the game is well worth getting a next gen system to be able to play.

As far as the rider positioning, don't worry. As I said before, the game is still under development and will receive a lot of polish before we go gold and the game hits shelves this Holiday season. As more information becomes available I'll be able to share more, and be sure to keep your eyes peeled June 1st for our "community" tab on the web page, that's for you guys; the hardcore fans of MX video games!
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

im sure i m the first commiunity member when we can join .....heheheheheh :lol: :lol: :lol:
MXloverSam40

Post by MXloverSam40 »

looking good atleast for waht you guys are trying to do! :D
Team RedBull Riders
- MXloverSam40 - Shane78 - Zane - sam-brinkley -

*New Answer Lightning Gear*
*Download Gear and Bikes here*
*NEW MX Simulator Video*
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

What do they mean with "holiday 2009"?????! :wink:
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

jesplind wrote:What do they mean with "holiday 2009"?????! :wink:
sometime around christmas
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Bloody hell, thats a bit of a wait
TeamShortBus276
Team: MX Formula

Post by TeamShortBus276 »

GOOD INFO!!!!

And that dirt is also getting a huge overhaul. Following the mantra, "We want the player to be in the dirt, not on top of it," your vehicle literally digs into the world's terrain. Racing around on a muddy track? Well, so are all of the other AI-controlled players who deform the route in real-time, making each turn a slightly different experience -- and the same applies to snow levels. When tearing through muddy tracks, you can feel the bike catch on the dirt patches left by previous riders, possibly causing you to (almost) wipe out. I couldn't help but turn donuts in the middle of the track just to see how deformable the terrain really was (hint: very).

The thing about these large, open tracks is the flexibility you're provided in how you get around; Reflex encourages you to find your own route to the finish line. If that means cutting through some trees, so be it. And if you come across an area during Free Ride mode that presents a seemingly impossible jump, you can place a marker to allow you to try that jump again and again until you land it. Unfortunately, developer Rainbow Studios doesn't have plans to include a recording mode -- so you won't be able to show off that wicked cool jump to your friends when you finally land it.

tail whip, for example, is done by holding down on the right stick as you exit a jump and then swinging the stick to either the left or right. If you hold the finishing angle, your rider will hold the trick. Simple, but effective.

One really cool thing about the trick system is that I'm told it's based not only on the pre-existing tricks, but anything you make up as you go. So if you decide to catch some big air and twist your vehicle horizontally while flipping, even if that's not an actual trick, the game will pick it up and reward you accordingly.
While the details still need to be ironed out, you'll be able to create your own rider from scratch. These custom riders can take part in the career mode, and you can customize their vehicles with the latest gears and parts -- but whether or not you'll be able to play as your favorite motocross rider has yet to be decided. The career mode takes cues from real-world events (like the X-Games) but with a little bit more arcade flair. For example, one of the free style motocross events takes place in a large parking lot adjacent to an aircraft carrier (I wonder if there's any way to land on the carrier's deck, hmmm). In these free style competitions, it's all about tricks and appeasing the competition's judges. But the trick system isn't very complex -- hit a jump, push the right analog stick in any direction to do a trick. You can see how well you pulled it off at the end of the event though; the game puts together a highlight reel once you've finished the event.

This first look at the new ATV game seems to be firing

Unfortunately, the tech got its name for allowing players to get into the “rhythm of a race.” No music or beats involved.

One quick example of how this can affect your lap times is that I was at one point heading right down the center of a straightaway on a bike. I hit a divot that someone else (or perhaps me) had left beforehand, and my guy starting fall off the bike. It wasn't a huge error so I had plenty of time to match the arrow prompt and keep on going, but if I hadn't been paying attention, I would have eaten some dirt. Imagining how this can impact your lap times while you're trying to shave off a second from your lap time is easy.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3174241

Checkerz put in word about taking away the falling thing. Maybe not the falling thing, but just a way to get rid of the arrows.
Last edited by TeamShortBus276 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phathry25 wrote:Are you sure you didn't mean to make your name YFZ-Mark?
jayjayktm

Post by jayjayktm »

http://www.thq.com/us/thqtv/index?movieId=3202

this is a new vid.. the bike looks way to stiff going round turns.. and the way it moves round turns doesnt impress either:(
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

The bike looks horrid in the air. I stopped watching the vid halfway thru, cause...I just wasn't interested in watching crappy physics that look like they are from 15 years ago.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

It does look really stiff. BUT it is still in the development stage so i'm sure it'll get better. And i noticed that if you look close enough you can see him move his boot to shift. haha