2012 Supercross/Motocross discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Anarch
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: 2012 Supercross/Motocross discussion

Post by Anarch »

Racing two strokes in big organised races these days, is just a thing that people do to make themselves noticed or feel different.
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Post by HondaRider746 »

I know. I guess it was cool seeing that yz 125 at Daytona but if he wanted to win.. well he had no chance these days with how much power the 250's have all around
I throw whips.
QuAdRiDeR93

Post by QuAdRiDeR93 »

Anarch wrote:Racing two strokes in big organised races these days, is just a thing that people do to make themselves noticed or feel different.
Or maybe he just pefers a 2 stroke engine.... You can't hate on him for attemping the race especially in these conditions. He also held 8th place most of the heat race, and Renner is a privateer rider. That to me shows that 2-strokes are more than capable to be competive in supercross.
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Post by HondaRider746 »

They are very worthy bikes of a AMA rave but with the power in the 250's it more than make up for the weight difference. but the 125 was fast but lacked the extra power needed that the 250's have
I throw whips.
Anarch
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Anarch »

QuAdRiDeR93 wrote:
Anarch wrote:Racing two strokes in big organised races these days, is just a thing that people do to make themselves noticed or feel different.
Or maybe he just pefers a 2 stroke engine.... You can't hate on him for attemping the race especially in these conditions. He also held 8th place most of the heat race, and Renner is a privateer rider. That to me shows that 2-strokes are more than capable to be competive in supercross.
I wasn't hating on him, it just seems like to me that every one over hypes them. Everyone knows that 4 strokes are better and faster but everyone creams them self when they hear that a 2 stroke was racing or something, but yes big job racing a 2 stroke in an ama supercross race and mad props for the top 10 finish to the bloke.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Well obviously he rode 2 stroke because he had one, and it wasn't really important what place he'll get, he's not in the championship hunt or anything. Hope he'll race again.

Finally K-Dub made it to the box, pumped! Kinda reminds me 2010 when he lapped almost everyone there.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Glad to see the championship get a little more interesting between Stewart and RV. I was hoping Windham would get some payback on Stewart for Vegas last year, but James had everyone covered.

Not to detract from the thread and beat a dead horse, but 4 STROKES ARE NOT BETTER OR FASTER! Got it, mate? 250s are faster than 125s, and 450s are faster than 250s. It's pretty basic stuff. Does anyone really think Renner would have been at a disadvantage on a yz250 in the lites class?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

DJ99X wrote:This will cheer YZ up
:D Dungey pumped they showed the yz250 on TV too, too bad it was because he crashed though.
HondaRider746 wrote:They are very worthy bikes of a AMA rave but with the power in the 250's it more than make up for the weight difference. but the 125 was fast but lacked the extra power needed that the 250's have
That's because they have twice the displacement...
You're right, I only ride my yz125 so people will notice my sub D riding abilities more.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

mad props to the JGR boys! and Windham is still a BOSS!!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Windham will always be a boss!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

HAHA!!!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

yzmxer608 wrote:Windham will always be a boss!
http://c31788.r88.cf1.rackcdn.com/1678_windham.jpg
WTF did I just read??
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

It was an article RacerX did last year ;).
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

yzmxer608 wrote:That's because they have twice the displacement...
No they don't.
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

Phathry25 wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:That's because they have twice the displacement...
No they don't.
They do have double displacement, but not double power. Do I have to send you to the thread where quite some guys discussed about 2 strokes and 4 strokes??
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??