new video from Mud

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
die996
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: new video from Mud

Post by die996 »

LOVE
· Graphics
· Textures
· Having to slow down to do most turns
· Berm physics
· First images, things can improve

HATE
· Scrubbing = boost
· Starts (from width to system)
· Number of riders (I was expecting +20)
· Fictional track
· Colissions

If they're going to make a SIM mode they should say it NOW. At least looks like fun but I'm sure I won't buy it when it first comes out, maybe I'll wait over 3 months
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

die996 wrote:LOVE
· Graphics
· Textures
· Having to slow down to do most turns - I don't think you actually need to slow down for turns, I just think the guy playing it sucked ass.
· Berm physics Um, what?
· First images, things can improve - Um, what?

HATE
· Scrubbing = boost
· Starts (from width to system)
· Number of riders (I was expecting +20)
· Fictional track
· Collisions

If they're going to make a SIM mode they should say it NOW. At least looks like fun but I'm sure I won't buy it when it first comes out, maybe I'll wait over 3 months
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Entrepreneur

Post by shawn1331 »

haydugjr wrote:
shawn1331 wrote:You guys don't realize who's making this game do you? You know nothing about the company do you? I'm willing to bet that the footage is arcade physics, because every other game they've made has arcade physics in the first trailers...why would this game be any different?

Now not saying for sure that it is arcade physics but its quite possible that the footage is set on "easy" mode and we will have a realistic physics set. Blackbean wouldn't release a game with physics like that when they release easily the best SBK and indy car games to date. They've also made an FIM game already but it was for ps2 so they have some experience in that feild. They made a rally car game, I think for this gen of consoles as well so they have experience with offroad racing on this gen. All in all it should be a pretty decent game and maybe one or two into the franchise they will beat out mxs. Who knows maybe they'll partner up:)
Car physics are completely different than bike physics. And yes, I do think a big company will release a shit motocross game. It's happened before and it will happen again.
I take it back, I said that before I saw those 2 videos...game is going to be shitty and they can't save it now. God damn, why can't they do anything right surely it can't be to fucking hard to make a realistic motorcross game with a few million dollar budget. even make a reflex like game with better gravity, bar banging, and realistic displacement.

Thats what I don't understand with THQ they were so close to perfection with reflex and they fucked it up with alive.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Im suprised it looks so shitty, I've played their superbike games and they are awesome. All the way from physics,sounds to looks, and thats on ps2 !
This one looks so arcade-ish, I would probably like it if I was 6 years old...
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

WHO THE HELL NEED BIG FUCKING ARROWS LIGHTED UP POINTING WHERE TO GO!!!!!!!!! OMFG iam not going to buy it straight up FUCK em all.
bob117

Post by bob117 »

imo everything about it sucks. doesnt look fun at all.
Photomorti

Post by Photomorti »

Maby someone should send them the link to this tread , i quess they would take it pretty serious coming from the mxsimforums?
CrazyCanadianMX
Team: HIRE ME

Post by CrazyCanadianMX »

The mxs community has no voice to a company that wants the most sales possible. They could make it a sim and sell it to only hardcore MX fans, or make it easy and sell it to millions more casual gamers.