What bike you prefer? Poll

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.

What bike you prefer?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:40 am

Honda
37%
Suzuki
14%
Yamaha
15%
KTM
17%
Kawasaki
14%
Husaberg
No votes
Husqvarna
3%

Total votes: 71

Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: What bike you prefer? Poll

Post by Phathry25 »

Ooh, I've been waiting for a trophy post! I know I have this one won! No trophies are pictured twice here, and there's another two boxes outside, but it's cold out there and I'm in socks...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc28 ... 9_0122.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc28 ... 9_0121.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc28 ... 9_0120.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc28 ... 9_0119.jpg

And the best of all...

Now...what do I win!?!?!?
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Nice, keep the trophies in the nasty cardboard boxes, and next to the old opened paint cans. :D

That's the way to do it. :D
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

You want them. I'll give most of them to you. The ones I want I keep separate, when you have that many trophy's they are more of a PITA than anything else.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Hah. No, I don't need them. :D

Most of my trophies are stuck behind my used paintball boxes in the corner of my room, or behind my can collection.

You should see my friends trophy room. (Chad Sharrow, former-pro.), He has a whole room full of trophies and memorabilia (from everything from running the ironman, carrying the olympic torch, to winning NESC, and some Loretta Lynns race.), and the only thing in it that isn't a trophy of some kind is a pool table and a desk.
Jacko #828

Post by Jacko #828 »

Honda coz I got one and I think Honda is da BEST!!!!!! :D
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

O,o..Kawasaki, since im riding one :P
coggins144

Post by coggins144 »

Honda has terrible contigency programs, Kawasaki is the best one there is. Decent Bikes, in this day and age, all the bikes are good bikes, nothing turns like a suzuki does, yamaha is a very smooth bike but lack in the handling department, Kawi's have huge power, but need a little work in the turning department, Honda does not really do anything great, they do everything as expected.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Honestly i reckon unless you are a VERY highly skilled rider noone will would really notice the difference. And if they can it would make Jack-all difference to their lap times. IMO colour is probably the defining factor between all of them. WOO black honda CRF250R for me... :D
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

they are way difference in my opinion, first the position, the model of the bike, suspensions, also ktm stock carburator settings dont work well in my country, because the difference of height terrain than Austria, also because they are diferent pieces in all the bikes, for example the pipe, exhaust, clutch, brakes, etc... :D
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

yomo195 wrote:Honestly i reckon unless you are a VERY highly skilled rider noone will would really notice the difference. And if they can it would make Jack-all difference to their lap times. IMO colour is probably the defining factor between all of them. WOO black honda CRF250R for me... :D
Then why is Reed so much faster on the Suzuki and James so much slow on the Yamaha? And why does Villopoto keep dropping the front end on his Kawi just like James did? At any rate according to yomo I'm a highly skilled rider, damn that feels good. LOL We were out on the ice riding last weekend and coming into this tight corner on my bike ('07 Honda) I had to use two fingers on the front brake to squeeze the brakes hard enough. On my brothers bike ('07 Kawi) I could get away just using one finger on the front brake. Plus, oddly enough, the Kawi tracks a lot better mid corner than the Honda, which feels more floaty mid corner. Hmm, maybe my feel isn't that good after all, lol.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

what about the clutch of the ktm :)
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

Two fingers to pull back a lever? That's pansy stuff! When you have to literally take your hand off the grip and pull in the clutch with your arm and back muscles, you'll have something serious to complain about. One of the complaints I have about old bikes is the hard pull on the levers - Maicos were notorious for having a clutch like a Countach. Then again, they were also notorious for allowing riders to leave the clutch alone when riding and just bang the shifter, so I suppose there's a trade-off.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
motox755

Post by motox755 »

yea i love the front brake on my yammy but they changed the whole lever for 08 so i couldnt put my old asvs on but i put on a aftermarket crf clutch lever on and idk why but its amazing.
moorin

Post by moorin »

Phathry25 wrote:
yomo195 wrote:Honestly i reckon unless you are a VERY highly skilled rider noone will would really notice the difference. And if they can it would make Jack-all difference to their lap times. IMO colour is probably the defining factor between all of them. WOO black honda CRF250R for me... :D
Then why is Reed so much faster on the Suzuki and James so much slow on the Yamaha? And why does Villopoto keep dropping the front end on his Kawi just like James did? At any rate according to yomo I'm a highly skilled rider, damn that feels good. LOL We were out on the ice riding last weekend and coming into this tight corner on my bike ('07 Honda) I had to use two fingers on the front brake to squeeze the brakes hard enough. On my brothers bike ('07 Kawi) I could get away just using one finger on the front brake. Plus, oddly enough, the Kawi tracks a lot better mid corner than the Honda, which feels more floaty mid corner. Hmm, maybe my feel isn't that good after all, lol.

wow i never knew you thought so highly of yourself, i bet the ladies love you :roll:
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
INVADEtheLINE

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

lmao somehow I knew Jetz wouldn't be able to get away one post without mentioning Maico...