New Years Resolutions

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: New Years Resolutions

Post by Pumaxcs »

i plan on joining the air force... you know how many actually go over to fly?
95% stay to do other things the other 5% that qualify go over
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Pumaxcs wrote:i plan on joining the air force... you know how many actually go over to fly?
95% stay to do other things the other 5% that qualify go over

Chances of ever getting in a cockpit is slim to none.

You need to have perfect vision, no lasik, graduate from a Air Force academy (if your going AF), similar for Navy/Army/CG/whatever. You need to have reaction times that are rediculous, and you need to be small. (which disqualifies me. 6'1" doesn't work, I think they design most fighter cockpits around someone that is 5'10".)
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

well im disqualified i have no such great vision and im already 5' 11
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Yeah, same here.

I wear contacts. But I'm not entirely sure about the height requirements, I think that depends more on the role you are playing.

(Support, cargo, fighter, bomber, etc.), and as of right now, there is practically no use for any sort of air combat roles, considering that the haji in Iraq don't have jack for airplanes, (and similar for Al-Quada), and since Obama is going to be president, i doubt we will have a war for the next 8 years.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

I actually got an ROTC thing from my school and checked out the requirments for qualifying to be a pilot. One needs to have 20/20 uncorrected vision for close objects and 20/20 corrected (or uncorrected) for distant objects. Well, there's a failure on my part, moving on. One also needs to have no history of asthma. I have three inhalers and a nebulizer machine stowed under my bed, so much for that. And, one needs to have no major allergies after the age of twelve. I have to visit a clinic every other week so that I may recieve a so-called "allergy shot." I also happen to be around 6'2" and not in particularly good shape. It would be difficult to engineer someone with lower chances of crawling into the front seat of an F-15. That's sad, because I'd trade 10 hours of riding for just one in a Cessna 150, let alone something that get to 50,000ft faster than a Space Shuttle (F-15).
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Yeah. I would qualify, but I'm tall, so that wouldn't work.

I could always fly a C130 though.

And I've actually flown a Cessna once. Flew it from Rutland(VT) airport to Burlington(VT). It was a part of an aviation camp I did a few years back. I got lucky. Most people only got to fly for about 5 minutes, and I got to fly for nearly 45. :D Never did land or takeoff though. (Not that I wanted to, haha.)